Ongoing Connectivity Issues – 2/10

Hime

• L2 Team

Hello Adventurers,

For the last few days, we have been experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers as we have ensured they are running smoothly. These interruptions are illegitimate game traffic causing high latency, disconnections, and preventing normal connections from you to the servers.

Our team remains on top of the issue but unfortunately, you may experience the various effects of this such as being unable to connect to the game (The client will be closed.) or frequent disconnections.

We'll let you know as soon as connectivity returns to normal. Thanks for bearing with us!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• Hime pinned this topic
  • L2 Team

@DraeckeThe team is actively preventing the service interruptions.

3 minutes ago, eXoCrit said:

Once again urs servers are perfect.. and we are the problem right ? As usual

It does not state in the message the issue is on your end but because of the interruptions, some will feel the effects.

not some, cause of the ddos attacks nobody will be able to stay connected very long

pointless to do any type of dailies / timezones / instances etc.

@Hime @Juji  no offense but that is something your data center provider can & should handle, ddos attacks are part of the things they are suppsoed to mitagate together with your ISP

• Like 1

• L2 Team

@DraeckeYes, for the most part we are not seeing frequent large connection drops but there are residual effects as the team works on the issues and the interruptions persisting.

3 minutes ago, BAION said:

@Hime, it must be hard to always be putting on the cape for those whose job it has been to say that the problem is others.

We're not trying to push blame onto players. It was just more context that the issue isn't server performance or hardware for the server interruptions issue. 😔

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hime said:

@DraeckeYes, for the most part we are not seeing frequent large connection drops but there are residual effects as the team works on the issues and the interruptions persisting.

We're not trying to push blame onto players. It was just more context that the issue isn't server performance or hardware for the server interruptions issue. 😔

so is it safe to say we have lag and disconnects bcs of your inability to ban 3rd party program users?

Maybe next time someone submits a ticket about a program user you actually read it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Working in IT myself I know how it works.

But in this particular case, when the connection has an uptime 24/7 for the past 24 months with connection at 500Mbps on my end and I do see what is happening with my connection since I work for my own ISP, I can admit that the issue is not on my end, but on yours.

You might want to track down your ISP hardware if it is not saturated with a bad configuration.

Also have a look at the game bots which are scanning the game area 24/7 this causes Database saturation and a traffic overflow (DDOS).

As a customer perspective you should guarantee an uptime (99.9999%) from the game. Maintenance are fine as a customer, but any other issues after Wednesday afternoon is not acceptable in 2021 for a customer who pays a service (Prestige, Destiny Pack, frequent Ncoins).

I hope you find the source of the issue.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JohnSnow said:

so is it safe to say we have lag and disconnects bcs of your inability to ban 3rd party program users?

Maybe next time someone submits a ticket about a program user you actually read it?

Well, from the phrasing Hime used it seems that he says they are being (D)DoSed on the network side (servers run smoothly, but latency increased) and high traffic and/or packet count causes this. I don't think outdated bots might cause such traffic.

2 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Well, from the phrasing Hime used it seems that he says they are being (D)DoSed on the network side (servers run smoothly, but latency increased) and high traffic and/or packet count causes this. I don't think outdated bots might cause such traffic.

They are being ddosed for a year now?

Hime said ilegitimate game traffic, that can mean those bots scanning auctin house, or the bots loging on each spot of the sv every few seconds to scam fo chests, or the radars a big no of "top" chars are using, or those macros to auto scan and port to greedy chest location to kill it.. you know.. bots they do not do anything about

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnSnow said:

They are being ddosed for a year now?

Hime said ilegitimate game traffic, that can mean those bots scanning auctin house, or the bots loging on each spot of the sv every few seconds to scam fo chests, or the radars a big no of "top" chars are using, or those macros to auto scan and port to greedy chest location to kill it.. you know.. bots they do not do anything about

I'm from Classic - we have the same problem, so it is not related to whatever is doing something ingame, including bots.

• Like 1

I think it's the right time to cancle prestige subscription for everyone. NCWest now can't do anything nowadays, another "dandy balls" will not except all the fails, like patch notes 1 day before update, 2 years melee lag, all the time dc/lags event. I hope you @Hime and @Juji getting same "lagging and dc" salary. This is what going on last 2 years is like GTFO policy...

16 minutes ago, Afkza4aem said:

I think it's the right time to cancle prestige subscription for everyone. NCWest now can't do anything nowadays, another "dandy balls" will not except all the fails, like patch notes 1 day before update, 2 years melee lag, all the time dc/lags event. I hope you @Hime and @Juji getting same "lagging and dc" salary. This is what going on last 2 years is like GTFO policy...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uJ-3wy7gBVHcH-a8exEBrOqV85HssW-s/view?usp=sharing

@Hime@JujiCan i put in a support ticket for loss of services?  I pay for 30 prestige and destiny packs, this been going on for me Since last Wednesday got a little better Friday/Saturday now since Sunday haven't be able to log on any my machines. 

Most companies refund or extend a service when your unable to use or access their service, I think you can tell who cannot access since hit the login server wall and never get into game, so it take our credentials loads and updates the game but won't let us log in.

It is one thing if I choose not to use your service I paid for but it is liked paying for a gym membership you guys got the lights on but the door to get in is locked.  I want to use my membership but your own facility does not allow me to.

There should be reset of everyone's runes or at least 3 - 4 days added on to them all and yes I know you guys can do it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slycutter said:

@Hime@JujiCan i put in a support ticket for loss of services?  I pay for 30 prestige and destiny packs, this been going on for me Since last Wednesday got a little better Friday/Saturday now since Sunday haven't be able to log on any my machines. 

Most companies refund or extend a service when your unable to use or access their service, I think you can tell who cannot access since hit the login server wall and never get into game, so it take our credentials loads and updates the game but won't let us log in.

It is one thing if I choose not to use your service I paid for but it is liked paying for a gym membership you guys got the lights on but the door to get in is locked.  I want to use my membership but your own facility does not allow me to.

There should be reset of everyone's runes or at least 3 - 4 days added on to them all and yes I know you guys can do it.

and where do you log all 30? 

• Like 1

@SlycutterI also did a ticket and they are aware of the issues and redirect you to the forum.

I've played multiple games and when such things happened, they always extended the monthly bonuses by offering an extra month of game play, restoring bonuses or giving gaming purchase bonus for free.

Here you get 1-3 Dandy Balls for a 10 hours interruption which fade in 30mins XP. If they would at least give 1-3 Dandy + 1-3 vitality maintenance potion, this would make it even for the lost time.

For my part, I went to IOS after midnight and then the disconnect wave started, guess who wasn't able to do his 3 hours of IOS properly due to server issues? A paid L2Store service (2x stones) that went completly to waste because of the servers.

The server became better at 6 a.m., 30mins before the server time reset. And I tried 10-15 times to relog until I eventually got tired of this.

@Hime @Juji I understand that you guys must have a lot to do, but do us a favor, go in GM Stealth mode and ban all the cameras from greedy chests all around the spawn location and monitor the game. Meanwhile, train your current ticket responding people to play the game, throughout our tickets we do have the feeling that they have no clue about the game at all.

As a company, you must show more presence towards your game and people should be punished for their bad behavior (bots, spam, cursing, exploits) within the game.

Everytime, an old player (top tier) is involved in any kind of ticket, we all know what is going to happen, standardized ticket and thank you.

The day you will realize that those old players (top tier) are actually a plague for the community and server health, you will see an increase of players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, extase1987 said:

Working in IT myself I know how it works.

But in this particular case, when the connection has an uptime 24/7 for the past 24 months with connection at 500Mbps on my end and I do see what is happening with my connection since I work for my own ISP, I can admit that the issue is not on my end, but on yours.

You might want to track down your ISP hardware if it is not saturated with a bad configuration.

Also have a look at the game bots which are scanning the game area 24/7 this causes Database saturation and a traffic overflow (DDOS).

As a customer perspective you should guarantee an uptime (99.9999%) from the game. Maintenance are fine as a customer, but any other issues after Wednesday afternoon is not acceptable in 2021 for a customer who pays a service (Prestige, Destiny Pack, frequent Ncoins).

I hope you find the source of the issue.

Cheers

Yeah i agree. the drops is on their ISP. their anti-flood measures ain't working or they have not established one.  am running on fiber optics and lulz still drop connection lulz.. ya gotta be kidding me lulz.  are they even doing network trace and checking their  inbound packets? coz most of the time even in beleth area of the map it's really  flooded with so much lags which signifies too much packets being sent to the server. i my self is an IT  and did also some checks on my end and its not my fiber optics having issues its their ISP messing up. better yet they have to check the event logs of their connections. if ur login  site is still auth.lineage2.com on your game config as per checking for probes it shows down unless you guys have changed this after the update.  most likely this is the one causing if not i dunno as doing a trace on the website along has many nodes drop  towards the server lulz.. not sure if ur  isp is cut off from the net or whatever it is lulz ya gotta act fast. illegal servers are waiving ya know lulz.. and we don't have to grind slow with the current xp rate lulz. so admins of this server make up your mind will you lulz. how long will this be? we have fiber optics our connection is smooth yours is not. time is ticking people lulz. ciao.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Being a casher and paying tons of money to them you sponsor this disrespectful treatment so i don't have any appreciation for you. 

If you stopped paying all at once maybe the treatment would change but you are all addicted so you won't stop, and Hime/Juji won't respond as always. 

• Like 1