Ongoing Connectivity Issues – 2/10

Hime

GUYS I CAN HOLD THE SERVER WITHOUT ANY LAG I MEAN ANYONE CAN WHO HAVE 100$ and u cant and u make 500k each month at least lol. Worst shit i ever saw. I disconnect 30 times each 1 hour , i got huge lag, enchant rate dropped, lady luck GONE, lag is huge. HOW IS this possible ? lol . i mean all of this .  The whole things togheter in 1 month, i mean all to come at once.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, CataPvE said:

GUYS I CAN HOLD THE SERVER WITHOUT ANY LAG I MEAN ANYONE CAN WHO HAVE 100$ and u cant and u make 500k each month at least lol. Worst shit i ever saw. I disconnect 30 times each 1 hour , i got huge lag, enchant rate dropped, lady luck GONE, lag is huge. HOW IS this possible ? lol . i mean all of this .  The whole things togheter in 1 month, i mean all to come at once.

No, ppl who pay get dc's and lag too. 

On 2/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, CataPvE said:

On 2/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, iHyperlite said:

No, ppl who pay get dc's and lag too. 

lost in translation: They are saying, they can Host a Server without Lag or DC... then goes off on our accumulating Issues.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, Eviscerator said:

- Greedy Chests bots, there are more and more bots waiting for greedy chests, it is impossible to exp in peace without having three, four bots maybe more on the sides.  
Change the way to the Greedy Chests appear, dropping them directly from mobs people are hitting. This will prevent overcrowding of bots in the play areas. 
Also I noticed that some of them use programs, the programs are forbidden in the game it seems to me and this gives incredible lags.  
Some of these bots are sitting down being killed and they instantly it revives while still sitting ... strange isn't it. 
In addition, these greedy chests cause problems between players, it is unacceptable that a character is exp and when a greedy chest falls 5/6 over-equipped players appear and steal the chest. They are giving good profits to same players, someones has 4 maybe more computers with 3 clients opened on each waitting for this chests. 

- Characters in towns doing nothing except load the servers:  disconnect them after an hour of inactivity. 

- Don't do events giving items for connexion time but maybe for time exping/playing, by this way server can stop with the inactive characters in towns.

i totaly agree  

the game administrators are asleep they do not see that the game hangs crazy and throws us every 2 seconds.you put the greedy chest and the only thing you managed is to have more lag drop so otherwise we do not pass the place alt char is full.do something right at last in this game

4 hours ago, PathfinderIVM said:

Again 3/3 acc. dc'ed in the early morning...

Slowly i can't even laugh about it anymore. If this isn't getting fixed i am done with NCW after 15 years.

The lack of communication over the last months, especially lately and all the occuring bugs making it easier.

i am starting to believe that is what they want from us old friend

to leave live servers

they don't give a rats ass about players and as i wrote somewhere else

communication and ncwest are both from different planets

not sure why you are experiencing this, but I only DC 1 hour after I get PKed .

Hyper is from US and well usually these guys tend to have good internet connections, while I did not have any disconnection in a week and I come from Greece which is known for the average-to-poor internet speeds and stability. 

All I am saying is that this could be something else besides the servers?

Gizzer what is is the ISPs communicating with NCSoft server is the issue.

Something is wrong with the port NCSoft is operating on because L2 is the only online game I have any issue from.  On my laptops I have 125 - 150 MB connection speeds (WiFi) and on my desktop that is hardwire I get over 400 - to almost 500 mb at times.  So speed and connection are not the issue on my end.  It was worse for me at the beginning of the month but now it comes and goes.  Like sometimes lag spikes, or DC during ports into instances, or to town etc.  Last night I got a lag spike that wiped out my party in an area I shouldn't die in.  I reread my damage log and seems my desktop hit a lag spike and all my macros on all my toons automatically turned off, and all my toons got wiped by a mob that that is at worst a 3 hit (if I get no crits). 

I have an ongoing open ticket since beginning of February their support knows what the issue is because they have admitted by not saying there is anything I can do to fix it.   They keep telling me please be patient and keep an eye on these thread in the forums.

@Jujiand @Himehave no spoken a word about it in almost a month patience is one thing but you want us to spend money on an event you need to tell us what's wrong and you know what maybe the community (which has a lot of high end IT guys in it) can help you fix it because your team cannot seem to do it at this point.

When I try to start the game is runs till the window with the big red "START GAME" button appears.

After clicking on that button I get this,

L2.bin - Anwendungsfehler

Die Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0x0000142). Klicken sie auf OK , um die Anwendung zu schliessen.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, Slycutter said:

Gizzer what is is the ISPs communicating with NCSoft server is the issue.

Something is wrong with the port NCSoft is operating on because L2 is the only online game I have any issue from.  On my laptops I have 125 - 150 MB connection speeds (WiFi) and on my desktop that is hardwire I get over 400 - to almost 500 mb at times.  So speed and connection are not the issue on my end.  It was worse for me at the beginning of the month but now it comes and goes.  Like sometimes lag spikes, or DC during ports into instances, or to town etc.  Last night I got a lag spike that wiped out my party in an area I shouldn't die in.  I reread my damage log and seems my desktop hit a lag spike and all my macros on all my toons automatically turned off, and all my toons got wiped by a mob that that is at worst a 3 hit (if I get no crits). 

I have an ongoing open ticket since beginning of February their support knows what the issue is because they have admitted by not saying there is anything I can do to fix it.   They keep telling me please be patient and keep an eye on these thread in the forums.

@Jujiand @Himehave no spoken a word about it in almost a month patience is one thing but you want us to spend money on an event you need to tell us what's wrong and you know what maybe the community (which has a lot of high end IT guys in it) can help you fix it because your team cannot seem to do it at this point.

You cannot play this old game on WIFI.

I have router RT-AC880. Its really not bad router. But if im use WIFI - play l2 and see youtube - i simple get dc. No problem if Im using plug connection. The same if im play l2 and start see youtube or (any other online video) on phone (WIFI) - im geting dc. So i can see  online video just using  phone internet...

This game have so old mechanic that today technlogy cant accept.

@AmbicijaPlease stop talking you are not an IT tech and no clue what your talking about.  WiFi is no different than a wired connection if you have issues with your connection than there is interference in your house or your too far from the router and need a booster.  Contrary to popular belief the construction of your home or building effects Wifi not what your connected to.  In Steel building or concrete buildings with steel rebar, they are usually wifi boosters at certain distances or when there is a solid wall and they must maintain line of sight with each other.

Learn a little more about computers.  Please

7 hours ago, Ambicija said:

You cannot play this old game on WIFI.

I have router RT-AC880. Its really not bad router. But if im use WIFI - play l2 and see youtube - i simple get dc. No problem if Im using plug connection. The same if im play l2 and start see youtube or (any other online video) on phone (WIFI) - im geting dc. So i can see  online video just using  phone internet...

This game have so old mechanic that today technlogy cant accept.

Nice english tho , 

First,

That means your router is not set-up properly , if it uses whole resources , if i boost my wifi through router on my TV to avaid buffering when i watch movies  , cuz u can boost specific device on our router by allocating bandwidth  strength(signal) or set up to use bandwidth equally per device to avoid  network cuts. 

Second , 

Sly good point , but i think its not wifi signal as he wasn't been complaining on wifi signal strength (which are visible on your pc on right side if u using windows).

Its a network cuts which causes disconnects if you are just browsing and someone in your house uses whole network bandwidth you will experience so called "lagg " and network cuts,

As it is in his case by watching video on youtube on his phone :) and this barely noticeable if you just browsing on net , but if you are streaming your data to server it cuts the stream as server won't get respond ,so server will drop you off instead off making you wait to get the data server is sending back (in simple words u get dc'ed by server cuz of ur latency) :)

Same happens otherwise if server network crashes your pc won't get data from server or your pc unable to send data, you simply get dc then, so its hard to say which way it is atm :)

You are talking about home connectivity......

is all about the new anti DDOS service they purchased.

Tracing route to 64.25.35-46.ncsoft.com [64.25.35.46]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

6     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  ro-buh01a-rd3-xe-0-0-10-1794.aorta.net [84.116.186.102]
  7     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  ro-buh08a-ra2-ae-2-1815.aorta.net [84.116.186.186]
  8    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  buca-b2-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.168.8]
  9   152 ms   152 ms   152 ms  win-bb3-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.118.48]
 10   154 ms   154 ms   154 ms  ffm-bb1-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.137.202]
 11   154 ms     *        *     prs-bb1-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.123.13]
 12   124 ms   124 ms   124 ms  ash-bb2-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.112.242]
 13   135 ms   135 ms   135 ms  atl-b24-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.125.128]
 14   153 ms   158 ms   153 ms  dls-b22-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.120.113]
 15   154 ms   154 ms   154 ms  ncsoft-ic317391-dls-b22.ip.twelve99-cust.net [62.115.10.106]
 16   154 ms   153 ms   154 ms  64.25.35-46.ncsoft.com [64.25.35.46]

Trace complete.

and this is login packets trace only.....

If gameserver packets are processed in the same way........ no wander that we get a lot of lag.

Now haters will tell we have slow country connectivity and staff........ FYI Gigabit is common in our home connectivity.