Forums

Ongoing Connectivity Issues – 2/10

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The solution is quite simple. If the server is too loaded, it must be managed intelligently.  As Eviscerator I have delays with each skill I use, lag melees, it's unacceptable to play with such l

Hello Adventurers, For the last few days, we have been experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers as we have ensured they are running smoothly. These inte

On 3/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, Slycutter said:

Gizzer what is is the ISPs communicating with NCSoft server is the issue.

Something is wrong with the port NCSoft is operating on because L2 is the only online game I have any issue from.  On my laptops I have 125 - 150 MB connection speeds (WiFi) and on my desktop that is hardwire I get over 400 - to almost 500 mb at times.  So speed and connection are not the issue on my end.  It was worse for me at the beginning of the month but now it comes and goes.  Like sometimes lag spikes, or DC during ports into instances, or to town etc.  Last night I got a lag spike that wiped out my party in an area I shouldn't die in.  I reread my damage log and seems my desktop hit a lag spike and all my macros on all my toons automatically turned off, and all my toons got wiped by a mob that that is at worst a 3 hit (if I get no crits). 

I have an ongoing open ticket since beginning of February their support knows what the issue is because they have admitted by not saying there is anything I can do to fix it.   They keep telling me please be patient and keep an eye on these thread in the forums.

@Jujiand @Himehave no spoken a word about it in almost a month patience is one thing but you want us to spend money on an event you need to tell us what's wrong and you know what maybe the community (which has a lot of high end IT guys in it) can help you fix it because your team cannot seem to do it at this point.

You cannot play this old game on WIFI.

I have router RT-AC880. Its really not bad router. But if im use WIFI - play l2 and see youtube - i simple get dc. No problem if Im using plug connection. The same if im play l2 and start see youtube or (any other online video) on phone (WIFI) - im geting dc. So i can see  online video just using  phone internet...

This game have so old mechanic that today technlogy cant accept.

@AmbicijaPlease stop talking you are not an IT tech and no clue what your talking about.  WiFi is no different than a wired connection if you have issues with your connection than there is interference in your house or your too far from the router and need a booster.  Contrary to popular belief the construction of your home or building effects Wifi not what your connected to.  In Steel building or concrete buildings with steel rebar, they are usually wifi boosters at certain distances or when there is a solid wall and they must maintain line of sight with each other.

Learn a little more about computers.  Please

7 hours ago, Ambicija said:

You cannot play this old game on WIFI.

I have router RT-AC880. Its really not bad router. But if im use WIFI - play l2 and see youtube - i simple get dc. No problem if Im using plug connection. The same if im play l2 and start see youtube or (any other online video) on phone (WIFI) - im geting dc. So i can see  online video just using  phone internet...

This game have so old mechanic that today technlogy cant accept.

Nice english tho , 

First,

That means your router is not set-up properly , if it uses whole resources , if i boost my wifi through router on my TV to avaid buffering when i watch movies  , cuz u can boost specific device on our router by allocating bandwidth  strength(signal) or set up to use bandwidth equally per device to avoid  network cuts. 

Second , 

Sly good point , but i think its not wifi signal as he wasn't been complaining on wifi signal strength (which are visible on your pc on right side if u using windows).

Its a network cuts which causes disconnects if you are just browsing and someone in your house uses whole network bandwidth you will experience so called "lagg " and network cuts,

As it is in his case by watching video on youtube on his phone :) and this barely noticeable if you just browsing on net , but if you are streaming your data to server it cuts the stream as server won't get respond ,so server will drop you off instead off making you wait to get the data server is sending back (in simple words u get dc'ed by server cuz of ur latency) :)

Same happens otherwise if server network crashes your pc won't get data from server or your pc unable to send data, you simply get dc then, so its hard to say which way it is atm :)