The Korean Brothers have begun fighting for laws

KuppoRoo

I found two interesting topics on the current gacha issues that Korea is living now if you are interested you can read them here 1 and here 2, and from what I read on the topic 1 they have confirmed one practice that I feared the most from these type of games and I bet that they apply it here in lineage 2 which is : "Currently, probability-type items are 'variable probabilities' structure, so their probabilities always change depending on the user's game progress, and developers and operators often do not know the exact probabilities."

So yeah, if the US doesn't fight for Gacha Laws prepare to be bleeped in big time, because that progress can also translate to "Have you been identified as a big expender whale? watch how the game adjust the probabilities so that the items you desire have lower %".

Right now the US likes to do propaganda against China, but China has better regulations on this issue than the US.

could be the reverse 

In Dota 2, when you open a lootbox the rare and very rare items have better probabilities of dropping the more lootboxes you open. Notice that the said probabilities are displayed for the "rare" "very rare" and "extremely rare" items.

Exactly, but with variable probabilities depending on each player behavior is not just black and white, with the amount of data companies have already the game can predict that if with your actions most likely indicate that you are about to quit, then you might get suddenly lucky or if you just want to throw a dice without a care for consequences  you will get a reward accordingly to what you have spent but still not what you might have wanted since you still need a carrot to continue throwing a dice. 

On top of that they will create fake difficulties like balancing the mobs to be stronger with no additional rewards or nerfing the drop rate or even having a variable probability of a monster dropping something depending on your "progress" and this progress can be measured on multiple factors like logging each day, the overall strength of your characters, doing dailies, registering your credit card and using it, etc..

seems most likely, but idk dude, maybe you overthink about it. Have these ppl demonstrated any level of competence in planning anything? even their lootbox tactics so far are uninspired. certain ppl will buy anything, this probability manipulation is unnecessary.

besides, when did they ever respond in the forums on anything serious? there are pages of discussions of problems and suggestions in the forums. Seen any NC employee involved at all? seen anything change?  discussing such things among players and former-players has no weight in shaping these servers.

I wish they would indeed give us the actual rates of the items.

I bought twice for 250€ chocolate boxes. First one I got 50% of the actually Adena to € price back.

I went with Bouquets for Agathions and got 1 Greater Leo.

Means I got the actual money I paid into game items and slightly more.

Second round of boxes, I got 25% worth of items versus my money.

Yet again, I got a Greater Scorpio this time with Bouquets.

Overall without those two lucky Greater Agathion, I would have gotten only 1/3 of the spent money into game currency.

With the two Greater Agathion I got the 500€ (approx 200b) spent into game items.

First 250€ boxes were opened on a new created account (105) and I was more lucky on items.

Second 250€ boxes were opened on my main character (115) and I was not lucky on items.

Another friend made with 1 Shiny Gem & 1 Red Cat lvl5 > a Greater Red Cat.

I tried 6 Shiny Gems and my Ruby lvl 5 did not pass.

Used 60 Kaliel Scroll for a Greater Kaliel Bracelet, I did not pass +5. Next day, I used 20 Scrolls and got 4 times Lady Luck and made it Greater Kaliel+5.

As I like to quote "Another day, another luck."

6 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

seems most likely, but idk dude, maybe you overthink about it. Have these ppl demonstrated any level of competence in planning anything? even their lootbox tactics so far are uninspired. certain ppl will buy anything, this probability manipulation is unnecessary.

besides, when did they ever respond in the forums on anything serious? there are pages of discussions of problems and suggestions in the forums. Seen any NC employee involved at all? seen anything change?  discussing such things among players and former-players has no weight in shaping these servers.

I don't know does a company that nearly doubled their market value since changing their tactics to "free to play" with multiple Subsidiaries around the world shows lack of competence to you? besides I'm not posting here for a GM to show up and fix everything with a magic wand because that will never happen.

I'm posting here to tell everyone that still care for their game that they are going to continue to ruin it more and they will exploit every bit of addiction you may have developed to get deeper into your pockets because as you are aware not everyone is Free to play and many of the nice items that you see in the market came from the pockets of someone that actually payed.

Indeed L2 on pc, and since 2017 on mobile is inspired by Gacha mechanics (Gashapon) from japan. Gacha is a good F2P monetization strategy. Gacha mechanics should be designed from the start (concept, prototyping, etc.), not added during production or after the game is released.
Ingredients to get it right, including:

Vast and varied content
A strong desire on the part of the player to collect as many items as possible
A game where content is needed for players to progress
An effective mechanism for duplicate content (to prevent player churn rate from pulling too many duplicates)

Pokémon Go is an example of the successful westernization of Japanese gacha mechanics. Gacha works best when there are rare items that are specifically more powerful and highly desirable. Gacha also works well when it focuses only on collecting.
But gacha can be even more powerful if the virtual elements provide a competitive advantage.
If there are more mechanical and progression-based perks attached to a gacha (for example when a 5-star character is critical for high-level play), you will monetize higher on a per-player basis. However, in this case the risk is that l2 alienates some of these players.

A measure took effect on May 1, 2017 on the official website of the Chinese Ministry of Culture,
I quote :
"Online game publishers shall promptly and publicly announce information about the name, properties, content, quantity and production / production probabilities of all virtual items and services on the official site or on any site probability of drawing in the dedicated game. The information displayed must be up-to-date and correct.

“Publishers of online games must publicly announce results by users on visible sections of the official site or in-game, and must keep a history for the government. History must be kept for 90 days or more. Taken to protect the life this cannot completely prevent publishers from doing what they want, but this decision remains a real step in the right direction, especially when we see the drifts that can bring the whole economy of virtual objects which is worth billions, and knowing that the algorithms can be modified.

The legislation on this regularization and the transparency of these games takes a long time to be put in place, and in some countries this practice is prohibited. Some countries are more flexible so cannot be imposed everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2