XP areas

Nusiurbsiu

dude, beast gear for average 107,  come on,  how many other 107's running around with 4 greater brooch jewels, top ones, and a +15 cloak, again, my buffers dual.

100% agree, this trio idea is for people that are content , i watched that video, i would of been out in under a min. 

archer w/ oop OL, way to go

10 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

You low lvls should pick 1 toon and lvl it. Trio in solo area = aids

Easier said than done.

If you want/are able to cash in hard, sure it can be done with supports oop up to the point were your gear start to lose their value since you are gonna be faced with several issues bottlenecking your maximum daily progress.

If are not able or do not want to pay insane amounts of real money then you need supports to carry you all the way. If there is a possibility to be able to do ToI with supports at your back at a more  profitable rate than with a group of ppl then obviously you would want to have at least your hierophant at lvl 110.

Meaning, if you can save yourself from spending 200bil on equipment improvements to be able to solo some areas vs having an iss at your back I'd choose iss all the way even if it means I would have to spend an extra month of grinding.

In addition, solo vs duo vs trio.
Duo expwise is a lot better than solo if you are AoEing.
Trio is better than solo and a bit worse than duo but adena is better while at the same time having a trio guarantees you wont die from pve dmg.

I can't disagree more, at your rate, you will never reach ToI

How is any xp better then solo unless a party area?   You will need to spend some money,  if your plan id totally free to play, don't bother with IoS and Toi, without drop rune it's simply not worth setting that goal.  

I don't know man, I play a bit over a month and I am 107.50% on 2 dps and almost 107 on my hierophant. Making 600-1bil a day with some days like today for example a lot more(Got 2 accessory augments in Crisis so more than 2bil today).
And that's with just exalted gear.
With prestige on 3 acc I make around 35-50tril exp/day on each toon. 
I did try solo and duo and the main difference is that if I don't get killed by another player I just don't die in pve.
Plus as a trio I can "solo" basically all the mid grade instance zones (Crisis/PI/Storm) and progressively as my level rises I will be making even more proft.
I reckon I'll be 110 in three to four months with enough adena to boost my dmg enough at least on one of the 2 dps.

Yeah, I am still waiting to see many things.

From the moment I came back to the game and started asking ppl around for info, the only thing I kept hearing was, you gotta pay for gear or you wont be able to get past 105, will never be able to do Storm/PI or anything else in the game and blah blah.

Boi were they wrong it's almost criminal of them even voicing their stupid opinion. So misleading.

• Haha 1

No, you are just enjoying the game, there are different levels at which people play at.  Some will say your doing great, other with higher goals will tell you their view.   A strong archer won't do storm or pi because the mobs spawn away in storm and pick up range is too far for drops in pi to make it worth it.  

8 hours ago, Degus said:

dude, beast gear for average 107,  come on,  how many other 107's running around with 4 greater brooch jewels, top ones, and a +15 cloak, again, my buffers dual.

100% agree, this trio idea is for people that are content , i watched that video, i would of been out in under a min. 

archer w/ oop OL, way to go

if the 107 has 4x greaters, they shouldnt be in party with anything in a solo area...

5 hours ago, Traingirl said:

Yeah, I am still waiting to see many things.

From the moment I came back to the game and started asking ppl around for info, the only thing I kept hearing was, you gotta pay for gear or you wont be able to get past 105, will never be able to do Storm/PI or anything else in the game and blah blah.

Boi were they wrong it's almost criminal of them even voicing their stupid opinion. So misleading.

what we are telling you is that after you get 110+, doing anything more than a dd + iss in duo is a bad idea. if u need to duo for pom, thats fine. but adding in other characters isnt needed and just slows down your progress for no reward.

in order to farm adena in this game, you need a single dd with appropriate gear and levels.  the most support anywhere warrants is an iss.  sadly, this is the state of the game today.    edit: excluding ketra/varka/spores/swamp/dv/fafurion and new 110 dailies, which only ashen "needs" support.  but these are light years ahead of your content at the moment.

You can progress in the game without spending, but it is very hard to do without spending if you dont know anyone and have no clan/friends to help you out.  The market can still be played but requires a bit of adena up front to invest.  Most p2w events have good and bad gambles, and like with all gambling, sometimes you win but typically you loose. events are all about getting a specific item or selling items for a specific return.

ultimately, you by all means can get 115+ and awesome gear by continuing your current path.  there are just more efficient ways to go about that path.  if you enjoy what you are doing, by all means keep at it. but once you hit the xp walls at 110+, you will (like many of us before) be forced with the issue of needing to remove chars that arent required from party in a solo situation bc it no longer makes sense. 

to each their own, im glad you are enjoying l2.

My "average" 110 Evis alt is doing fine in FoM.  I'll also add that after some testing, Duo with PoM > Solo with OOP OL.  Sure XP was better full solo but not by a whole lot.  Also hardly ever die because I kill a fair amount faster.  More Adena too. 

1 minute ago, Rodah said:

My "average" 110 Evis alt is doing fine in FoM.  I'll also add that after some testing, Duo with PoM > Solo with OOP OL.  Sure XP was better full solo but not by a whole lot.  Also hardly ever die because I kill a fair amount faster.  More Adena too. 

that OL vop is overrated, and most ppl dont know it got nerfed (and most likely was nerfed in last update but the skill tool tip was typo'd still)

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

that OL vop is overrated, and most ppl dont know it got nerfed (and most likely was nerfed in last update but the skill tool tip was typo'd still)

Yep, I tested with Mega Strike on my Tyrr.  VoP is still good for skill based class but worthless for Evis and Tyrrs who auto attck.  Nerf to daggers as well.  Cost to run OOP OL also adds up; it's not cheap.

20 hours ago, iHyperlite said:
3 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

what we are telling you is that after you get 110+, doing anything more than a dd + iss in duo is a bad idea. if u need to duo for pom, thats fine. but adding in other characters isnt needed and just slows down your progress for no reward.

9 hours ago, Traingirl said:

I reckon I'll be 110 in three to four months with enough adena to boost my dmg enough at least on one of the 2 dps.

You low lvls should pick 1 toon and lvl it. Trio in solo area = aids

I guess I misunderstood what you meant as low level because that is my plan already. Though I find it hard to believe 110 is low level I reckon for you it is.

Still, I was always a min-maxer in games and more often than not I found that extra utility or raw dmg brought by an extra char is better in almost all situations.
I am not saying my current combo will work as good after 110 because I haven't tried/tested the areas. AoE must be out of the question with just 3 toons but then again it's out of the question for most folks in my gear/lvl range in the current areas I am grinding in. 

Also, from what I understand the current version of the game gives paramount importance to level difference between player/npc. I've tested with almost same gear/stats a different toon doing bleep all dmg while struggling to stay alive to beleth mobs at lvl 102 comparing to my 107 where I 2-3shot if I crit them even with exalted gear.

In that regard I would still chose a higher level support/utility dps in group over a very expensive/unattainable goal that focuses around stacking 1 character.
As example, how much gear do you need to get in order to make PoM + cripling attack + healing hymn obsolete? Until you reach a point where u kill mobs faster than they can react or suffer unsustainable dmg then a support/utility char is better imo.

4 hours ago, Traingirl said:

I guess I misunderstood what you meant as low level because that is my plan already. Though I find it hard to believe 110 is low level I reckon for you it is.

Still, I was always a min-maxer in games and more often than not I found that extra utility or raw dmg brought by an extra char is better in almost all situations.
I am not saying my current combo will work as good after 110 because I haven't tried/tested the areas. AoE must be out of the question with just 3 toons but then again it's out of the question for most folks in my gear/lvl range in the current areas I am grinding in. 

Also, from what I understand the current version of the game gives paramount importance to level difference between player/npc. I've tested with almost same gear/stats a different toon doing bleep all dmg while struggling to stay alive to beleth mobs at lvl 102 comparing to my 107 where I 2-3shot if I crit them even with exalted gear.

In that regard I would still chose a higher level support/utility dps in group over a very expensive/unattainable goal that focuses around stacking 1 character.
As example, how much gear do you need to get in order to make PoM + cripling attack + healing hymn obsolete? Until you reach a point where u kill mobs faster than they can react or suffer unsustainable dmg then a support/utility char is better imo.

Lvl difference between player and npc is roughly 10-20% dmg per lvl. That adds up. All solo areas should have a focus of 1-2 shotting the mobs regardless of class.

A yul can easily farm 2-3 spots of white mobs purely on their damage alone after 110. An iss's debuffs are "needed" for dailies and raids. 

What you don't understand is you miss so many events to upgrade dmg and atk element. Artifacts, agathions, LA vie, the list is never ending. 

The game is now focused on 110+ content. A new player would be wise to understand the current game at 110+, which is typically a solo/duo setup as dd/iss. I would also highly recommend trying to find a clan/friends as that makes things alot easier when the gear is lacking.

Like I said before, if you are enjoying your experience, keep doing you. But, you mention min-maxing. If you intend on getting into the true aspects of L2 (siege, oly, pvp, raids, etc) and min-maxing a char to do some crazy things, you should start focusing on those goals earlier than later and focus upgrades accordingly. There are helpful high lvl players out there, just may be hard to connect with them for tips. 

• Like 1

So, if worth considering the natural advantages some classes have over others in relation to your goals and what type of investment you plan to make. 

For example; almost everyone recommends going Evis for a player of limited means.  There is good reason for this; an Evis will have more ele attack than any comparable toon.  They also are a pure auto attack crit dmg (cheap) class.  An Evis/Heiro combo is REALLY strong and you'll be able to hunt effectively with "cheap" equipment.  

Yes, archers are (arguably) the best DDs but, they require a tremendous amount of investment and are not really a good choice for players with limited means.

As far as DNs go; they are actually one of the worst PvE Tyrrs out there.  That's not to say don't play that class but, it's something to consider.  

53 minutes ago, Rodah said:

So, if worth considering the natural advantages some classes have over others in relation to your goals and what type of investment you plan to make. 

For example; almost everyone recommends going Evis for a player of limited means.  There is good reason for this; an Evis will have more ele attack than any comparable toon.  They also are a pure auto attack crit dmg (cheap) class.  An Evis/Heiro combo is REALLY strong and you'll be able to hunt effectively with "cheap" equipment.  

Yes, archers are (arguably) the best DDs but, they require a tremendous amount of investment and are not really a good choice for players with limited means.

As far as DNs go; they are actually one of the worst PvE Tyrrs out there.  That's not to say don't play that class but, it's something to consider.  

Could you please elaborate why DNs are one of the worst PVE classes? 

I saw an Evi absolutely destroy mobs at Wartorn Plains, while my DN took a while to kill a single mob, so I can understand they’re not the greatest of DDs. Also, M.Def wise my DN is kinda weak and could not tank multiple mobs at the same time in Wartorn Plains

Maestro got buffed really well last update.

Evi's are cheap to level but costly to take to next level.

Dreads I already said

GKs are lesser Evi and need to built a more than a Evi does.

Titans are good and can be built gradually to continue to scale.

So Evi cheap to level but costly to break to 110+ content

Titans can hold their own and can slowly be built up and scale the best with their level and gear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SUPERCELL said:

Could you please elaborate why DNs are one of the worst PVE classes? 

I saw an Evi absolutely destroy mobs at Wartorn Plains, while my DN took a while to kill a single mob, so I can understand they’re not the greatest of DDs. Also, M.Def wise my DN is kinda weak and could not tank multiple mobs at the same time in Wartorn Plains

OK, so basically there are 2 ways to build a Tyrr; auto-attack or skill attack.  Most Tyrrs will start out as auto-attack and then shift to a skill based build later.  Some Tyrrs can stay auto attack 110+.  So for example, a Titan can be a really good DD as pure auto-attack 115+ and so can a GK (GK also great skill DPS too).  A Maestro is a great hybrid because they can use skills/auto-attack starting at 106.  A Glad will become a Skill DPS class fairly quickly as their skills have great dmg potential and they get a boost to skill crit rate. 

Then you have DNs...... they don't have any perma self buffs which boost P.Atack and/or Crit Dmg for auto-attacks (Titan gets Rage, GK has Bison, Maestro has Golem Spirit).  Yes, they get Focus Attack but then you are defeating the purpose of having a pole and they get Edge of Storm but you "should" be killing so fast that mobs never have a chance to group up on you in solo areas.  Conversely, if DNs want to go a Skill DPS route they have no skills which boost Skill Crit Rate and they only get 10% from Focus Attack.

I'm not just saying this "theoretically" either.  I am a 115 Maestro and about a month ago I made a +16 Limited Stormer so I decided to switch to DN.  I was shocked to discover I did more dmg as Maestro with a pole than as a DN.....     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

Maestro got buffed really well last update.

Evi's are cheap to level but costly to take to next level.

Dreads I already said

GKs are lesser Evi and need to built a more than a Evi does.

Titans are good and can be built gradually to continue to scale.

So Evi cheap to level but costly to break to 110+ content

Titans can hold their own and can slowly be built up and scale the best with their level and gear.

This is kinda misleading; EVERY class is costly to excel in 110+ content.  Evis is still cheaper than Archer/Tyrr/Dagger.  Nuker is probably the only cheaper class going 110+.  (excluding support ofc)

2 hours ago, MrJones said:

@Traingirl @Slycutter @mixa @iHyperlite @Rodah

Hi guys I wanna know your opinions. The best tyrr to pve farm with exalted gear? I know with investiment, any tyrr can be a "pve beast machine" :).

Evis, Dread, Maestro or some other tyrr?

Traingirl is Maestro if Im not mistaken and per his/her video, hes doing allright (at least until 110).

Evisc isn't really a tyr, it's its own thing.

If I went a tyr, I'd go titan and do a patk build as @Rodah referenced. A geared titan is sick in what it can do. 

To your question tho, evisc is what I'd choose. 

21 hours ago, MrJones said:

@Traingirl @Slycutter @mixa @iHyperlite @Rodah

Hi guys I wanna know your opinions. The best tyrr to pve farm with exalted gear? I know with investiment, any tyrr can be a "pve beast machine" :).

Evis, Dread, Maestro or some other tyrr?

Traingirl is Maestro if Im not mistaken and per his/her video, hes doing allright (at least until 110).

Evis for sure, it's the cheapest thing that actually can farm for almost no investment. Don't expect miracles, of course.

GK the other good option, but it's real power is stacking it on skill power, skill crit dmg and rate, but that's expensive.