Pantheon Chest Odds

30 minutes ago, OneOfSeven said:

If so, why even bother to list the other "possible" rewards?

They messed it up and now don't have the courage to stand their man here and reply to the complains.

to get people to spend money, that's a pretty not thought out question.  do they ever respond to complaints, especially ones that are actually working as intended. 

I think we have here some different opinions on "fishing" players to spend money.

Just see the previous store sales. There always been some Items that mostly no1 got. But now it is like 17 out of 28 possible rewards don't exist at all.

That's a totally new lvl.

And seeing the last time @Juji and @Hime logged was last Wednesday isn't speaking for them in a positive way.

• Like 2

I also opened about $300 worth of Pantheon chest;  @Juji  @Hime  the fact that I never post on this forum means most people here have no clue who I am; and that's fine.  But who I am is a 17 year "veteran" of L2 that has "donated" thousands of dollars to the L2 Store. 

Like everyone else here; I chose to buy based on the high end rewards items advertised from the chests (Dragon weapon, boss jewels, talisman, etc.)  But the best I got was just like the others said; 1 Stage 3.  Maybe 2 Angel Ring boxes out of 300+ opened.   After reading all the other stories here; you should be responding and you should be concerned; because false advertisement is not something you will be protected by under your precious EULA.  I would highly recommend A) Responding to this thread at least once and show us the respect we deserve as players and your customers; that are ultimately paying your salaries and B) I would highly recommend some compensation to those who open more than 200+ chest; it's flagrant false advertisement and eventually some of us will get together decide to take this to a court of law. 

I personally have spent thousands per month in the past with very little return on my investment in game versus what was advertised; not to mention the absolutely abhorrent customer service; you have a job to do; you get paid to respond to your players (customers) on this server; so if you are not doing that; what are you doing all day besides sitting around?   Answer the thread @Juji @Hime

TL;DR:  ADJUST REWARD TABLE; COMPENSATE THOSE THAT SPENT THEIR MONEY AND TIME WITH THE REWARDS ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE. 

The same players always seem surprised at this game mechanism. You have to be careful what other players may say and based on their experiences, and try to be objective. We see a lot of complaints from players with bad experiences, but not a lot of happy players, which i fully understand ! Indeed don't count too much on your luck with random box.

There are good loot boxes and bad loot boxes, take your pick!

Loot money - 100% free. The only way to get your loot is by playing.
- free… or paid. You can acquire them by playing, or pay so as not to wait.
- 100% paying: the player must pay to access this content.

The contents of the box also vary:

Loot clothes - Cosmetics (skins, clothes, colors to customize your avatar or weapons).
- Gameplay (xp collected faster, more powerful weapons, boost on certain characters, etc.).

Finally, the system for obtaining the item may vary:

Loot random - You buy the desired item with money from the loot box.
- We open a box that contains a random object. The most coveted items coming out less often.

Depending on the financial model, content and procurement system, you go from an acceptable system to problematic practices. In one case, the loot boxes are made to motivate the player to come back more often and to enrich his experience, in others, to manipulate him by aiming to extract as much money as possible from him. Sometimes to achieve these ends we sometimes modify the game to make it more frustrating and to force the user to take out a few dollars.

Basically a system reserved for free to play, to finance their creation, there are now paid games (PUBG, Star Wars Battlefront II, Overwatch, Counter-Strike GO, etc.) which try to extract even more money from their players through loot boxes. Finally, the publishers' lack of control over minors or the absence of maximum spending limits per player is causing more and more reaction.
As this system is increasingly present, it should undoubtedly be analyzed and regulated in order to define good practices and clear limits. Recently, it was Belgium and the Netherlands who attacked it by classifying loot box titles in the “games of chance” category, even going so far as to mention problematic games: Star Wars Battlefront II, Overwatch, FIFA 18 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive are expressly named in the press release (here translated from Flemish) of the Dutch Minister of Justice. The studios of the titles concerned are threatened, if they refuse to cancel the loot box system, with a fine of 800,000 euros and 5 years in prison.
In Switzerland, a parliamentarian raised the issue and wanted this system to come under the recent law on gambling, accepted by the Swiss people. Same story in Germany where the commission for youth protection is looking into the phenomenon. In China, there are multiple constraints since publishers must ensure that a loot box cannot be acquired with money or virtual currencies, that the content of these boxes must be able to be acquired by playing naturally and that the probability to gain content and the quantity of certain items to be clearly displayed.

Associating a free channel with a pay channel is risky in terms of legislation (strong incentive), gambling and "double entry" games of chance. In practice, the same site offers paid access and free access to games with the possibility of winning. Despite everything, faced with the extreme practices of some publishers, the use of manipulation techniques and others, because we know that there are extreme cases, like in korea, where some have died of it, so it seems logical that this system which pushes the player to spend more and more money falls under the law of gambling and chance and must be supervised as such. The role of game publishers is therefore very important for the prevention of risks to minors, and vulnerable people, it is a problem and  a responsibility of editors and laws of all countries, to know of ethics and morale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Let's not forget that the NC West servers are based in State of Oregon (Dalles, Portland ...) for the most part, so these are the laws of the United States Of America and the state of Oregon.

It's a long way for transparency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Chanix said:

Let's not forget that the NC West servers are based in State of Oregon (Dalles, Portland ...) for the most part, so these are the laws of the United States Of America and the state of Oregon.

It's a long way for transparency.

Pretty sure they're in Texas

• Like 1

Irregardless virtual have a worth as recorded by IRS virtual currency tracking now.

All games of chances have to have odds posted be a McDonald's monopoly game or a lottery ticket (they actually odds posted on their website of winning) so since these items have a value it is not far leap odds have to be posted.

Correct; Austin, TX, Bellevue, WA, and two locations in CA, all of which have certain political agendas in common, but that's another topic for another time. 🙂   

@Juji @Hime Still no response to this thread huh?  Curiously silent, are we?  Fix both of these events, stop wasting our time with Oriana Draw and stop wasting our money with Pantheon Chest.   At least act like you care about the players (you know your customers that help pay your salaries); answer the thread fix the drop rates on both events.   

8 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

Pretty sure they're in Texas

They use several different IP addresses, and i confirm, it's obvious for me, not for all, and i understand.

The computer science is fantastic !😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol at you all. only now u're mad?

took you only almost 10 years of p2w. the boiling frog experiment was a success!

they are a korean company lf milking your overseas wallets. as I always say, only one here getting some is juji
ncwest runs on barebones, outsourced support, they might not even have a 10 person team for all their games published in the americas. thx automation, monitoring tools, remote access, and "maximize profit" culture
they dont care about ur complains as you keep buying.
tevas made a 1k box video where he only got crap.. and you still bought.. seriously.. you're the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneOfSeven said:

Dont't think ppl still buying em. Price on Naia for example went down from 270kk buyshop to ~200kk buyshop.

Also several quitting and selling all their stuff on naia.

most are done with this event. defensive/pvp items never do well. 

I feel like they were handed an even and were supposed to punch in the numbers for odds and they didn't, they just ran it w/ base odds which are non-existent.   The number of videos of boxes being opened, this 1 might get them in trouble.   The scary thing is, if that happens, I don't believe they will continue running L2. 

Here is the response I received from the GM.   What is disclosed on the forums is the item you receive within the boxes are random - what we see below is it's not random at all, and that each item has a "varying chances of being obtained".  It's fine, but false advertising, and misleading in my view. 

I would personally prefer if NCSoft disclosed the odds of receiving each item, or truly offer items randomly. I would prefer the later of these options.

Hello,

Items from the Pantheon's Chest of Protection have varying chances of being obtained and I understand that you're not satisfied with the results of your rolls.

Again, you are more than welcome to post your feedback and suggestions regarding the Pantheon's Chest of Protection event. I've provided the forum link below:

https://forums.lineage2.com/

If you have any other questions or requests, kindly let us know.

Regards,
GM RJ
NCSOFT Support Team

I hope at least a few people will file a claim.

https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker/reportscam

2 hours ago, Degus said:

I don't think any1 is complaining about pain, I think it's more of a fraud thing at this point, false advertising sort of issue. 

the loot table was very deceitful. it listed authority ornaments (and other items) down with what should have been other common items, yet not a single one was given from 1000's of boxes.

i think they should be forced to give odds, but i know that wont happen.  At a bare minimum, we should get the common/rare/very rare rating for each item to at least somewhat gauge the chances.

• Like 1

the  only solution is top pvp players/clans  to stop buying thousands ncoins and demand NcSoft fix the rates,rewards ,lag etc i think if NcSoft  sees that profit going to zero maybe then fix something  until then you will sending tickets and noone will respond and why respond they earn thousands $$ even with all these problems