When is the next Red Libra event?

Anyone know? Debating on whether or not to sell off my less popular highly OE weapons now, or wait until Red Libra to sell them at better prices.

PS: If any NCSoft  developers are reading this, don't you think it's time you made weapon and armor exchange a permanent feature in-game? Shouldn't have to wait for Red Libra Merchants. Make the town head blacksmiths earn their damn keep for a change. The lazy bastards. 😄

• L2 Team

We are working on bringing Red Libra back. There is no ETA yet as to when but soon™. Having some of the Red Libra features permanent would be a nice addition to the game but for the foreseeable future, Red Libra will continue to make it's frequent return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Red Libra event should be introduce 3 or 4 times a year, instead of half yearly.

It's the stepping platform for those under lvl 110 to catch up.  There will be more players online as well... actively.

servers full, what do they need more players for?

7 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Red Libra event should be introduce 3 or 4 times a year, instead of half yearly.

It's the stepping platform for those under lvl 110 to catch up.  There will be more players online as well... actively.

how does Red libra help people catch up?

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

how does Red libra help people catch up?

First off, Red Libra has traditionally been every 6 months (you can go through event archives and verify this).  The extended lapse between the last two was caused by a compatibility issue with our update (new Libra could not be introduced until we received update).  This was verified by Juji in Discord (maybe on forums too; IDK).

As far as catching up?  The last 2 have had free 24h Rose; I guess that helps lowbies?  Increased access to weapons/armor too.  I really couldn't say.  Maybe people switch to the current FOTM to XP faster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Degus said:

servers full, what do they need more players for?

The server is full, but those aren't all individual players as you know.  Every 6 characters logged in probably represent 1 person because of the event. Saw someone bragging the other day about logging in all  4 of his computers. Or maybe he was complaining, because he didn't win any big prizes yet. 

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

First off, Red Libra has traditionally been every 6 months (you can go through event archives and verify this).  The extended lapse between the last two was caused by a compatibility issue with our update (new Libra could not be introduced until we received update).  This was verified by Juji in Discord (maybe on forums too; IDK).

As far as catching up?  The last 2 have had free 24h Rose; I guess that helps lowbies?  Increased access to weapons/armor too.  I really couldn't say.  Maybe people switch to the current FOTM to XP faster.

Spot on, good post. 

People who usually play slower leveling classes can switch to ones that level much faster and then switch back before Red Libra ends.  You'd think some of these clans that are actively recruiting high level support classes would be in favor of Red Libra. A Yul or Titan can get to 107 in a day or so with 200% XP scrolls. Faster if they can max out all XP options. Then change to healer or iss. If they ran Red Libra and boosted server settings for XP/Vitality, you would see many more new 110+ support characters that month, I bet.  

@Hime Thanks for replying.  I would like to also ask please implement ways to get Chaos Essence and Chaos (Dual Class) Essence in game, instead of spending arm/leg for NCStore purchase of those items. It's crazy that we can change Revelation Skills, but we can't change Class Type using adena/SP or similar. Being able to change class type should be a normal free feature, especially since nerfs come along, some announced, others not so much, that make it harder for some types of the same class to play as efficiently. For example right now I hear that Tyr Titan and some Doom have very little problems levelling solo, but Duelist and GK now have it much harder through no fault of the players. It seems grossly unfair to change the game adversely to the people who play those classes only to then pile on by charging them 2400 NCoin for  Chaos Essence. I'd appreciate a better solution.

And please don't make it something like needing 200+ Ether to craft a Chaos Essence pack  at 60% chance. I'm asking for a new functionality with Agent of Chaos Hardin, or one of the Awakening NPCs at Tomb of Souls.  A simple solution to fix a thorny problem.