Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 4 a.m. PDT /  6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 12 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Oriana's Lucky Draw will continue for 2 weeks.
  • Pantheon's Chest of Protection will be available on the L2 Store for one final week.
  • St. Patrick’s Day Store update is available for two weeks! Details are available here.
  • The Archer classes will receive a global balance patch that will increase the cooldown from 7 seconds to 10 seconds for the following skills:
    • Multiple Arrow
    • Heavy Arrow Rain
    • Tornado Shot
  • Added the Sayha’s Talisman exchange at the Dimensional Merchant NPC. Sayha’s Talisman Packs are required for exchanging a non-tradable Sayha’s Talisman Stage 7~10 to a tradable pack.
  • Fixed an issue where several players received a non-compoundable version of the Sayha’s Talisman.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mysterious Talisman – Atk. Attribute (7-day) and Mysterious Talisman – Attribute Def. (7-day) items were missing from the Oriana Coin Exchange.

The Archer classes will receive a global balance patch that will increase the cooldown 

is this because they can't fix melee lag or was this in all region?  seems insane to slow peoples progress down even more.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Degus said:

The Archer classes will receive a global balance patch that will increase the cooldown 

is this because they can't fix melee lag or was this in all region?  seems insane to slow peoples progress down even more.  

Max that will be is 1s on cool down

24 minutes ago, Degus said:

all regions got that, we're actually the last to get it

It has nothing to do with a "nerf".
When you increase a CD from a class, it means less damage output overtime in PVE, which means XP income is slower, which means longer time for 120, which means usage of more boosts to keep up with the damage, which means more L2Store.
It is simply based on money income.

Good example: I swapped my gear from Yul to a close ranged toon, same gear, same forgotten lvl skills, same dyes etc, the Yul still does more damage output, consumes less mysterious soulshots, exp in a group is quicker, etc.

On my closed range toon, I spend 10x more mysterious soulshots than on the Yul, for less damage in comparison.

Why would they improve the melee lag, when it makes people consume more mysterious soulshots, which you might buy from the L2Store.

All is done on purpose....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, extase1987 said:

When you increase a CD from a class, it means less damage output overtime in PVE, which means XP income is slower, which means longer time for 120, which means usage of more boosts to keep up with the damage, which means more L2Store.

Good example: I swapped my gear from Yul to a close ranged toon, same gear, same forgotten lvl skills, same dyes etc, the Yul still does more damage output, consumes less mysterious soulshots, exp in a group is quicker, etc.

On my closed range toon, I spend 10x more mysterious soulshots than on the Yul, for less damage in comparison.

Why would they improve the melee lag, when it makes people consume more mysterious soulshots, which you might buy from the L2Store.

like a person once said, if someone from NA doesnt start a lawsuit against them, nothing will stop them 

4 hours ago, extase1987 said:

bro you know why they nerf, dont speculate it with money, yull its a broken class, i have 1 as well, and happy they nerf it, at least now its balanced to other class like othell.

seriously when are you gonna pay for more bandwidth or fix the melee lag i am paying for prestige and losing 200m adena per hour in ios coz you cant fix this thats more than 1/3 during these stupid lets see how many 105 bots you can force into server during these events.  FIX THE LAG  I seriously expect there to be some compensation for thos paying for runes that are not effective becasue your poor server performance.

Enough is Enough its been years and these events and EXP events always disadvantage the melee classes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

bro you know why they nerf, dont speculate it with money, yull its a broken class, i have 1 as well, and happy they nerf it, at least now its balanced to other class like othell.

ya, god forbid they fix the lag or boost the other classes,  it's not a broken class and it's helping level ALL the other classes!

5 minutes ago, Degus said:

ya, god forbid they fix the lag or boost the other classes,  it's not a broken class ant it's helping level ALL the other classes!

yul has:

max crit rate including on aoes

2 skills that can move well over 1k distance away instantly from whatever they want (out of ranged dmg limit), 3 if you count the jump agathion

has full range on skills

adena is picked up automatically

the forum is filled with people openly admitting yul is far and beyond better at everything over every other char in pve.  pvp it is top 2 (tyr is best pvp atm).  anyone who claims it is perfectly fine clearly doesnt understand what makes the yul great in the 1st place, which are the 4 points referenced above. 

the class has the most mobility, the most dmg, and can do it all from max range

3 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

yul has:

max crit rate including on aoes

2 skills that can move well over 1k distance away instantly from whatever they want (out of ranged dmg limit)

has full range on skills

adena is picked up automatically

the forum is filled with people openly admitting yul is far and beyond better at everything over every other char in pve.  pvp it is top 2 (tyr is best pvp atm).  anyone who claims it is perfectly fine clearly doesnt understand what makes the yul great in the 1st place, which are the 4 points referenced above. 

so your solution is nerf them?

you should try playing on official server, much different here

1 guy just hit 120 and you think it's ok that every1 else  is gonna slow down now.  last i checked adena is auto pick up for all classes,  mage, tyrr, dagger can all jump, archer max their crit rate, all classes max "their" crit rate.   pretty sure next libra all you will see is tyrr, not archer. 

4 minutes ago, Degus said:

you should try playing on official server, much different here

1 guy just hit 120 and you think it's ok that every1 else  is gonna slow down now.  last i checked adena is auto pick up for all classes,  mage, tyrr, dagger can all jump, archer max their crit rate, all classes max "their" crit rate.   pretty sure next libra all you will see is tyrr, not archer. 

I play on naia bro... 

You also convienently ignore the aspect of aoes being max crit rate in your comparison.

1 button kills entire circle > 1 button jumps to 2nd mob group > 1 button kills entire 2nd group. No other class can do this. 

Edit: if auto adena pickup didn't exist, yuls wouldnt be so overpowered

• Like 1

yul has:

max crit rate including on aoes = those are skills, archer does NOT have max skill crit rate

2 skills that can move well over 1k distance away instantly from whatever they want (out of ranged dmg limit), 3 if you count the jump agathion = needed, glass cannon

has full range on skills = simply not true, try aoe on non-flat plain

adena is picked up automatically = all classes!  archer does NOT pick up drops in range