Why are there so many Mentee in the game who don't have unnecessary Mentors and are online?

Sospiri

While there were so many DC-experiencing gamers problem, 2 hours ago they had 8 pages of Mentees without a Mentor. Assuming there are 12 Mentee per page, 96 Mentee without a Mentor. So why do these unnecessary characters exist? Is it to inflate the system database, to spy, to gain unfair gain, or because they just started the game and didn't really know the Mentor-Mentee system? Last week, the number of pages in this Mentee window was 14 pages at midnight (US time).
My suggestion is to add the time to become a Mentee to the game. If a real player has not graduated within a certain time period, they will be deleted by the system. When the person wants to return to the game, they have to create a character again. At least this way, I think it opens up real players where they can play. I hope NCSOFT game developers take my request into consideration. Thanks.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sospiri said:

While there were so many DC-experiencing gamers problem, 2 hours ago they had 8 pages of Mentees without a Mentor. Assuming there are 12 Mentee per page, 96 Mentee without a Mentor. So why do these unnecessary characters exist? Is it to inflate the system database, to spy, to gain unfair gain, or because they just started the game and didn't really know the Mentor-Mentee system?

If you look carefully you will see most recent entries on the list are wynns and they keep changing, those are bots logging for a moment to  scan areas for greedy chests

yet another brilliant system from NC West... not that they care to ban them

On 3/25/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sospiri said:

My suggestion is to add the time to become a Mentee to the game. If a real player has not graduated within a certain time period, they will be deleted by the system. When the person wants to return to the game, they have to create a character again.

And why do you think punishing honest players this way is fair? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:40 PM, Sospiri said:

While there were so many DC-experiencing gamers problem, 2 hours ago they had 8 pages of Mentees without a Mentor. Assuming there are 12 Mentee per page, 96 Mentee without a Mentor. So why do these unnecessary characters exist? Is it to inflate the system database, to spy, to gain unfair gain, or because they just started the game and didn't really know the Mentor-Mentee system? Last week, the number of pages in this Mentee window was 14 pages at midnight (US time).
My suggestion is to add the time to become a Mentee to the game. If a real player has not graduated within a certain time period, they will be deleted by the system. When the person wants to return to the game, they have to create a character again. At least this way, I think it opens up real players where they can play. I hope NCSOFT game developers take my request into consideration. Thanks.

This is an Automatic system... any Toon under 105 goes on the list when they log in (they can only remove from list with /allblock or log out)

Yes, some of these names are Bots/Spies etc. some are old WH Toons, nostalgic role-play Toons, sure they're not needed on the list... does not mean they are unnecessary.

This would only hit real players... (the Bots/Spies will adjust; Graduate/reroll or just become Mentee to some Alt)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Helvie said:

If you look carefully you will see most recent entries on the list are wynns and they keep changing, those are bots logging for a moment to  scan areas for greedy chests

yet another brilliant system from NC West... not that they care to ban them

And why do you think punishing honest players this way is fair? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So you are farming the chests :P

24 minutes ago, palfer said:

So you are farming the chests :P

Haven't seen even one in my life lol.

But I'm a good observer and I often search for mentees via that option. When the chests started the list has suddenly gone from 1-2 pages to 7-8 full of wynns on top and on every refresh the names keep changing. I also often see 'cameras' log in and disappear not far from my grinding spot, so it's easy to connect the dots :P