NCWEST is no longer free?

C4RAJO

https://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/ncsoft/user-agreement

1.4 Payments and refunds

1.4.1 Mandatory payments

We may ask you to pay to use the Services. If you do not submit the requested payment, we may cancel your use of the Services, in whole or in part. We will establish the moment and the form in which you must make said payment. As of when this policy will be implemented.

sounds like he cancelled something and wants a refund of unused said time/item, in which case, NC will refund,but  then terminate your acct afterwards, this is perfectly normal.

p.s. subscription IS mandatory payment

Was in Ketra strong party with 720% boost... Me – 110, DDs – 114-115. Realised that I need pay for 300h vitality mode... Okay they want 1200 usd... Dear devs, If I give someone 1200 usd, I suppose to be that they will exp my char by their own hands... 

Worst ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ffs said:

i;m down for a mandatory subscription and no ncstore like old times

Maybe when/if Lineage 2 remastered comes out.
But if they decide to remove l2store, they 'll also have to remove most of the roflstomping items many people have stashed over the gears or just make them far more accessible.
Never gonna happen though imo, the game is too far gone into p2w that you can't really turn it 180 degrees without pissing off either the haves or the havenots.

1 hour ago, Traingirl said:

But if they decide to remove l2store, they 'll also have to remove most of the roflstomping items many people have stashed over the gears or just make them far more accessible.
Never gonna happen though imo, the game is too far gone into p2w that you can't really turn it 180 degrees without pissing off either the haves or the havenots.

I know... but i'm a romantic dreamer, can't help it :)

just old type subscription, with most of the l2 store stuff through gm events or quests/drops. give meaning to farming. or at least make prestige available to the account not just 1 toon

A pvp game where people don't have access to equal gear will never be fair.   There are many fights I lose simply because he has items I can not get, not cuz I don't have, because I simple can't get.  that's just a dumb game model. 

1 hour ago, Traingirl said:

In a pay 2 play setup, those p2w items would be obtainable in game via other methods. Or at least that's the thought process behind it. 

I'm not opposed to a p2w store at all, but yea. I prefer the monthly subscription setup and less p2w stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

In a pay 2 play setup, those p2w items would be obtainable in game via other methods. Or at least that's the thought process behind it. 

I'm not opposed to a p2w store at all, but yea. I prefer the monthly subscription setup and less p2w stuff. 

I don't oppose p2w either even though my salary is not "stronk" enough for this game.
I am just saying it's very hard to balance between being p2p and p2w/f2p model.
I've seen what happend to other games that tried to balance that and they became a bottomless pit of normalized daily quest boredom. (Archeage)

The issues this game has are not as severe as Archeage imo even though getting to "end game" is almost an impossible feat for the majority.

I'll highlight the issues that I feel are in need of attention:

PvE:
1) Very few 105-110 areas with almost zero being for groups, so ppl can't really catch up fast enough, at least in levels and makes support classes unwanted till a lot later in the game.
2) Very few mobs in the available areas, doesn't give players the option to play the game their own way.
3) Too many instance zones.
4) Crafting/spoiling feels pointless
5) Some classes are left to rot into oblivion of uselesness
6) Too many promotions with a rotation of essential items that appear once a year.
7) Greedy chests is a bad mini game that is mostly being abused by a circlejerk.

PvP:
1) No incentive to participate in every clan/solo/group event for the majority (getting hit for 7million dmg is just unreal)
2) A handful of ppl can delete the whole server. I get that l2 is not really a high skill cap game but it still has some of the most entertaining GroupVsGroup themes yet it requires at least a year of playing before you attempt doing anything(Even for those that have an Platinum CC)
3) Not a single normalized daily/weekly event to keep people engaged in pvp.

The main positive features are the nostalgia, the high progress ceiling and the auto farm(I wouldnt be able to play it otherwise since I am working a lot.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 3:30 AM, Degus said:

sounds like he cancelled something and wants a refund of unused said time/item, in which case, NC will refund,but  then terminate your acct afterwards, this is perfectly normal.

p.s. subscription IS mandatory payment

No, that’s not the case.  This clause isn’t new, it has probably always been there, inserted by lawyers to cover their ass in case one day decided to start charging and no legal lawsuit can land on them.  It’s just a protection clause and in this days and age, charging does not make sense so likely they won’t ever do that.

when people say, it’s never free, it’s because the power ups, boosters of XP, damage consumables and gambling like random boxes that provide fault sense of free gift — is the life blood of the business.

22 hours ago, Konflict said:

When/If the NCsoft Subscription Service kicks in, do you think you could out a 30 day free trial to all active players? 

they removed the sub fee long ago when it went to free to play.  as @Degussaid, your sub is prestige.  i would also argue, like him, that the destiny pack is also looked at as a monthly sub cost for most players.  the epic accessory pack could also be looked at as a recurring monthly sub cost for lower geared players.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, ffs said:

i;m down for a mandatory subscription and no ncstore like old times

you actually needed more than 2-3 accounts at least to be able to farm, if you were a DD you would need support, if you were a support and could not find a DD then you would level one, so at some point you would also add another account, a spoiler to make some adena on the side and before you realised it, you had 5 accounts per month to pay. Thats 75$/month.

Plus back in the day you never had good drops at higher levels. You did have raids to kill but that was too much drama on the drops so yeah, much better now!

*p.s. if you did not have a few accounts on your own then you would be one of the million players that got 76 and stayed at that level cuz "there was nothing to do".

3 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

they removed the sub fee long ago when it went to free to play.  as @Degussaid, your sub is prestige.  i would also argue, like him, that the destiny pack is also looked at as a monthly sub cost for most players.  the epic accessory pack could also be looked at as a recurring monthly sub cost for lower geared players.

cmon man destiny is only to be used with an XP event, jewels are a luxury, you can build a toon to get to 110 just by using maybe a tauti (or in some cases a creation ring) and an orfen soul with pdef. 

2k ncoin is ~7.5b ( if prices were the same as 2 weeks ago) you could get:
for DD's
Pve atk belt: 1.2b
orfen soul: 2.5b 
Ring of creation: 1.5b

same for healers/iss and tanks
Pve def belt: 1.2b
orfen soul - pdef: 2.5b 
octavis earring warrior: 1.5b
artifactbook lv1 + 7 artifacts = 3.8b

in the second case its more than that but it is permanent.

34 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

you actually needed more than 2-3 accounts at least to be able to farm, if you were a DD you would need support, if you were a support and could not find a DD then you would level one

or you can make some friends and play. Join a clan, help some random support xp. people made due with what they had. Game was not solo like it is now. 

Personally, I was paying for 2 accounts forever, was more than enough, actually 1 was enough.

Imo there was always something to do, maybe you have in mind instanced zones which did not exists.

There were many ways in all levels to make adenas like spoiling recs and enchants, seeding, making ancient adenas, crafting, selling ss, ketra/varka quests, raiding and ore i cannot remember atm.

Above all else pvp was relatively competitive. how do you compete now with ppl who just outright bough 10k more equipment than you? there was p2w back then of, but a) it was mostly frowned upon, while now its applauded, b) it was not the mainstream and c)with exceptions, the differences were not that extreme. 

But the game was grindy and time consuming AF. It was hard but rewarding, giving you a sense of accomplishment that ppl who play now seem to either have forgotten or never had at all. Has any1 felt any sense of accomplishment getting anything out of a box after they payed like 200-500-1000 euros? That feeling is the rush of a gambler winning a bet. 

1 hour ago, Gizzer said:

cmon man destiny is only to be used with an XP event, jewels are a luxury, you can build a toon to get to 110 just by using maybe a tauti (or in some cases a creation ring) and an orfen soul with pdef. 

this is just plain incorrect for the majority of ppl 113+