Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Hime

1 minute ago, Evicar said:

I remember one time they delayed a lot the maintenance and after all those time was tersi on all villages for some hours, that is good option if everbody want something for all this time loss to play.🤭🤭

Tersi is also something that need to be boosted. I remember players going crazey when tersi was up, lits of party getting started,ppl getting it on alts. Now i just dont care. Making 0,00001 and making 0,00002 is not woth the trip to town. Tersi needs to be boosted like 500% for an hour now to get ppl exited again about it

• L2 Team

Thank you all for your patience and staying up with us! :)

There are still server adjustments that need to be made but we're concluding the maintenance for the evening. The servers will be coming up shortly. Minor performance maybe experienced until we can finish our migration optimization.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thank you all for your patience and staying up with us! :)

There are still server adjustments that need to be made but we're concluding the maintenance for the evening. The servers will be coming up shortly. Minor performance maybe experienced until we can finish our migration optimization.

So after all that nothing about the community that its online till know asking questions and wait for honest and fair respond right?

Sheesh. They don't owe anyone any compensation. If they choose to give something, good on them, but they are under no obligation to "compensate" anyone.

Downtime is expected, and baked in to the ToS everyone agrees to when signing up/in.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Uriel831 said:

lol, server planed maintenance is always annoucmented on forum and also in game when 30 min countdown start and link message every 10 min, last 5 min etc. So focus on game and not spread trash, newbie.

Good job @Hime for keeping the propaganda alive and banning Dutch who questioned his thought process with a few ribs and no fool langue so this guy can state how  great L2 is and talk a little trash himself. Must be democrat who wants to control the narrative  of speech.  

when clearly there was no notice of server going down this afternoon, which everyone pointed out. This account must work for you and used is used for propaganda. Great marketing ploy.

7 hours ago, Zarathia said:

Sheesh. They don't owe anyone any compensation. If they choose to give something, good on them, but they are under no obligation to "compensate" anyone.

Downtime is expected, and baked in to the ToS everyone agrees to when signing up/in.

am I the only 1 finding it ironic who "liked" this comment?  lmao

/pats self on back

Optimization.

Last time I saw a big change in the game was the planning of Abandoned Camp, facilitating the bot farm.

today the floor changes color so much of the drop that it stays on the floor, does that not disturb the server? Wouldn't Optmizar simply send drops to the bags, or would that be too bad for bots? that's why it's not done.

There are many ways to optimize the server, limiting the use of bot is one of them, besides so many other things that we talked about for years on the forum, and we don't have answers, a look at the forum for our opinions offered here in order to improve the server should be heard. and answered, with at least: "We agree, but we still can't implement this, because of that ...."

Want a good compensation, read as many suggestions as we give to help the server, op game play, record this, give feebacks, listen to the players, about so many wrong things that are there.

Pk on the server is used by Farmers, to protect their bot areas, and what kind of punishment Pk has on the server literally none, snort full and go out teleporting or being teleported to kill the few players we have.

DON'T TIRED TO EXPOSE MY OPINION, BECAUSE I STILL BELIEVE STAFF CAN ONE DAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE L2.

Classic, became a server with 2500 chars on, with 300 real people.

4 minutes ago, Casemonstro said:

Optimization.

Last time I saw a big change in the game was the planning of Abandoned Camp, facilitating the bot farm.

today the floor changes color so much of the drop that it stays on the floor, does that not disturb the server? Wouldn't Optmizar simply send drops to the bags, or would that be too bad for bots? that's why it's not done.

There are many ways to optimize the server, limiting the use of bot is one of them, besides so many other things that we talked about for years on the forum, and we don't have answers, a look at the forum for our opinions offered here in order to improve the server should be heard. and answered, with at least: "We agree, but we still can't implement this, because of that ...."

Want a good compensation, read as many suggestions as we give to help the server, op game play, record this, give feebacks, listen to the players, about so many wrong things that are there.

Pk on the server is used by Farmers, to protect their bot areas, and what kind of punishment Pk has on the server literally none, snort full and go out teleporting or being teleported to kill the few players we have.

DON'T TIRED TO EXPOSE MY OPINION, BECAUSE I STILL BELIEVE STAFF CAN ONE DAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SAVE L2.

Classic, became a server with 2500 chars on, with 300 real people.

this is a 17 year old game which began development in 2000? or 2001, it runs on unreal engine 2.5, some things are limited by the technology used in the game, being an old game might mean that it will run smooth on our pcs 20 years late but it also bares the limitations of its technology that was used back then.

Please break down the steps for the optimization that is required to improve the servers for the team as well for us, the non tech-savy people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am glad that we got the game ported to a new server.

Since I work in IT, I know sometimes you have to do some optimizations after an upgrade, which are done on weekend when coworker are not on site.

The only think that bugs me, is the way they do it. Ask Amazon, Facebook, Google etc to be down during 12 hours in a row & later down again after a day, what would people think about it.

In this particular case, we pay for a service that belongs to NCW, but it is our money that we are freely willing to spend, so the least courtesy they could have would be to return the boost that we got or at least make up something really good like a Dragon Weapon during the whole XP period.

Anyway, this was for once after many months that they made a step forward and listened to the customers complaining about the melee lag. Thumbs up!

3 minutes ago, extase1987 said:

The only think that bugs me, is the way they do it. Ask Amazon, Facebook, Google etc to be down during 12 hours in a row & later down again after a day, what would people think about it.

those are multi billion dollar companies with entire dedicated sever farms. one or 2 go down for maint you wont notice in their service. L2 has 4 servers? not really a fair comparison.

19 minutes ago, extase1987 said:

I was a server admin, once upon a time, for Yahoo small business, real estate, autos, shopping and marketplace. We had hundreds of servers spread across multiple continents in numerous colos. 

This isn't even remotely similar.

2 hours ago, Gizzer said:

this is a 17 year old game which began development in 2000? or 2001, it runs on unreal engine 2.5, some things are limited by the technology used in the game, being an old game might mean that it will run smooth on our pcs 20 years late but it also bares the limitations of its technology that was used back then.

Please break down the steps for the optimization that is required to improve the servers for the team as well for us, the non tech-savy people.

imagine trying to put a CD rom into a USB thunderbolt 3 slot.

At least 24 potion of vitality erupting, or something like that, because we have arround to 18hr with game offline. We need something this time NCSOFT, because we wanna play the game and if the server is down we was lost so many time to play  the game and items to making boost  the xp to strengthen us toon with the event than ncsoft making for us. Do not launched event and after down all server for 24hr, that is not good.

i have to say that after the last intervention yesterday i play much better, at least i do (from italy)
no lag, no endless waiting after the gk.

can i say thank you anyway? of course i also hope for a revival of the game, but meanwhile i say thank you

On 4/7/2021 at 4:48 AM, Ambicija said:

ops... why you burn yourself? :) You just simple low level engineer - like most IT workers. what you can know more then random people reading info just in Google - nothing.. All we can instal "Windows", press "YES" or 'No" on update... If you are profesional - you really not have time for games. 3-6 hours per day (or more).

Im not meet -  no one profesonal person in  job what they doing - and playing games...

Or maybe you want that for example... doktar which play L2 make head  operation (for you)?  :) He just remember that forgot  acc in IOS - and let you alone in half operation :)

Or maybe Michael Jordon become best basketball player - because play "tetris" ? :)

Or maybe Elon Musk create SpaceX becouse play online games? :) Im sure - he even not have time to see TV :)

End 1.000.000 other examples...

So you are just simple random low grade small engineer... 

Its not personal just for you (its about all people who play L2 and thinking are profesonal).  And not need to answer in this post - after some years you will understand . Maybe will understand.

I think that you are misunderstanding the meaning of professionalism ... it is not the same than dedication or success... professionalism is in simple terms to do it right whatever is your profession...

Let’s take an example of a super unprofessional guy that was super successful and super dedicated to his work that was "Edison"...

Edison was super unprofessional guy, he lie to public trying to convince that a new technology (better than the Edison one) was bad for health, not for public concern, but for to sell his own products. He scam in many occasions to their own employees taking credit for many invents that’s never do or not paying the agreed terms, and many other unprofessional things (at our time many of those would be qualified like a crime :D). But there is no doubt that Edison was a contribution to the market in many aspects very successful and super dedicated, many people said that dedicate more to his work than even to his family…

Have no doubt that many professional ppl is playing L2… not all of them are succefull or dedicated… that don’t have doubt also… Ima proof of that… :P