Experiencing Game Latency? Report it here.

Hime

On 4/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, Genosha said:

1. The Netherlands
2. No
3. On very regular basis
4. Any time when opening or consuming an item there is a delay. Soulshot/Spiritshots look to be excluded. Opening event boxes, Castilla Chest, Venusta Chest, Field of Crisis box all have a delay opening. Consuming a recharge stone is delayed also, already had twice that I charged a time zone one time to many.  Opening and/or receiving e-mails are delayed. Storing and retrieving items from personal and clan warehouse is delayed. Withdrawing items from Dimensional Storage or pet inventory is delayed.

19 hours ago, Juji said:

Thank you all for your reports!

We upgraded the server hardware (CPU and Memory) today after both servers crashed, so please continue to post if you experience any additional delays or latency.

Update:
After the server out take of Saturday evening the delay/impossibility of opening items and retrieving items has increased. Opening e.g. Aden Treasure Chests takes multiply clicks, retrieving items from mail is heavily delayed. More so than reported before.

Also, I've been running a few mentees because of the mentee buff bonus and I have to say, the melee lag compared to prior to server out take has increased. It's not as bad as before but it's a noticeable difference compared to e.g. Thursday evening and Friday.

57 minutes ago, PugofCrydee said:

Agree, for those that are using lots of boosts it's just more money down the drain. This event although good would be of no benefit to extend. We all still have the DC issues, the servers have crashed how many times now? There is the lag, I feel it would have been better to live with it until the event. @Juji @Hime you really need to start taking notice of what your client base is saying and either fix the issue or find someone that can.

I know why they did it they needed all servers at high capacity to stress test them.

• Like 1

After the downtime, CPU and memory upgrade, we had no lag even with ranking system on, but the fact is we were light and normal for a while, the moment server went heavy again melee lag was back. I think we need better servers, stop being cheap, and do the move to fix things up once and for all. 

Whenever there is XP event, you should remove the right to create new characters during that xp event or make possible for one day alone, on maintenance day for a few hours only. This would decrease the population during xp event, cus we all know people create tons of mentees during that time. And for new players a brand new server without the possibility to transfer to or from could also be to consider, this would help the new to stop trying to catch up to elite on Chronos or Naia and do their own things on that server. Make the game fun for everyone ty.

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

I know why they did it they needed all servers at high capacity to stress test them.

Yes but they can also simulate this with a variety of products. It should be part of their quality checks before they release. We can obviously see they have no testing of checks

On 4/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, Hime said:
  1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

Thank you!

1. Where are you located: Greece
  2. Are you using a VPN?: NO
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?: Very frequent
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency? Moving delay, next target delay, open items/boxes etc delay, email receive delay

1. Europe.
  2. Never.
  3. Almost all the time.
  4. While hitting the mobs charachter hits and stop, hits and stop if that won't happens, character hits in turtle speed even tho atk.spd is maxed out(melee lag some call this)
  5. Note: I quit the game last year because of this issue and it's still happening which is sad. This time i have high hopes you will overcome this and serve us smooth gameplay.

1. Where are you located  -Belgium
  2. Are you using a VPN? -Yes and No doesn't matter it lags when server is heavy
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? -When server is heavy
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency? -Farming and XPing

What I noticed is that when server is heavy the mobs spawn rate is slower it takes more time for a mob to spawn and servitor pets stop hitting for a small fraction of a second

• Like 1

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

1.greece

2.never

3.Random

4.When i hit mobs char is like think to hit the mob,always is better when server is up after restarted or crashed!

1. Malaysia

2. Google VPN

3. Constant lag and disconnecting issues

4. Everywhere , blazing swamp, phantasmal, town of aden , castle sieges and screen lag.

remarks:

Server was down many times, and yet we havent gifted any golden dendi balls, and no gm buffs at fantasy isle..

I paid for destiny pack..and this is what i get in return, so sad...i cant even see the future of amazon servers..!!

i thought it is going to be new beginning since last 9 hours and 45 minutes server maintainance but it did solve a little bit...but serve does not sustain well..more disconnecting issues coming after this! previously was 1 or 2 times, now? more than 4 times! server naia and chronos was down so many times but we didnt get the golden dendi balls in return, supposely should be 8 golden dendi balls man!  

Think of Asia, Think of Air Asia, think like us , give us more dragon claws please! 

and also the percentage of opening boxes from every events wanted to get unique items is like 0.00000% , even for other boxes.why? why people complaining spending more than 10k us dollar get little bit of items in return? why in game quest item also like that ?  Fields of crisis boxes? out of 100 boxes, non unique item drops! why? Why so hard?

1)  Belgium

2 ) no vpn

3 ) on compound but not every time, take time to give you result, don't start when you press start

4 ) faeron village , and a bit more often when you are at Aden for exemple. Tested yesterday durring dientional siege on Naia 

Virginia

no

frequent

opening items and using items in inventory.  Major delay. 10-20 seconds.  Constant attempts to use the item causes game client to crash.   Cake, rune, pots.    All have use delay lag.  Sometimes multiple items spawn because I’m not sure if I clicked it right and after 10-15 seconds multiple times render. 

get your shit together. 

• Like 3

1. Greece

2. No VPN

3. random, but last 2 days are tragic

4. delay on opening boxes, crafting ss, changing class, switching toons in the same account. Randomly crashing and disconnecting. I run 3 accounts, a dd an iss and a shop, sometimes one, two or all three crash, have a lag spike and a random number of them close. the lag and delay started 1 day after migration and the crashes last 2 days. 

The amount of euros you ask is not reflected on the service you provide. You got any idea how fast people lose clients with such poor service and communication you provide? I hope you do something to compensate ppl being patient with you. And i do not mean xp boost or promos. You can stick your promos where the sun don't shine the way this game is atm. IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE PROBLEMS CONTACT EU/RU, CONTACT KOREA AND HAVE THEM SEND COMPETENT PPL TO FIX THIS MESS. Till them i pity the ppl spending cash for this game, YOU ARE NOT KEEPING THE SERVERS UP! You reward bad behaviour. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Gear for sale probably if things do not change in anniversary, so maybe some1 else can "enjoy" this 

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

Hi , and thank you for asking

1. South America - Chile

2. No , im not using VPN

3. always when the server is on HEAVY duty

4.Affects me in the attack speed , i hit like i have 600 points of atk speed when i have 1500 points of it.

TY 

1. Where are you located

- North Europe

1. Are you using a VPN?

- No VPN

1. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?

- Ever since the move to AWS in-game micro services full of bug and lag, experiencing terrible delays with melee hits, including skills and item skills

1. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

- Opening Mail

- Killing mobs

- Crafting shots

- Enchanting

- Combining things

- Time to time drop latency  (receive drops later eg: Adena, etc, etc,)

On 4/8/2021 at 6:30 PM, Hime said:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

1. Argentina

2. No

3. Sometimes in a day, all days after the AWS migration, before that, only heavy melee lag.

4. Castilla Labyrinth, Imperial Tomb, Primeval Isle, Storm Isle and Towns. Lag at random, hunt, open inventory, moving, open mails, UIs in general, etc..

I appreciate your work, i ll wait for the issues gonne. 

regards from Argentina

1. NYC - Verizon Fios gigabit

2. No.

3. Bloodswords timeframe, 4pm est. Possibly related to the hourly workload competing for resources. 

4. When the initial bloodsword holder at 4pm is killed it typical takes 10+seconds for the sword to fall on the ground to be picked up. I have observed this happen multiple times since the migration to AWS, and never seen it before that. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 4:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

@Hime and @Juji

1. I am located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin or close to it.

2. I am not using a VPN. Straight business class broadband internet. I have less than 10ms to google all the time on the other side of the country in California.

3. Frequency of latency is constant. The only time it seems to be decent performing is after server restart.

4. I have tested in various places across the world of Aden. From War Torn Plains, to Tanor Canyon, to Phantasmal Ridge, to Alligator Island. I also see it in Instances such as the solo Aden instance Karina.

I have also taken a video and posted it for viewing for your people. I hope this all helps.

https://youtu.be/oX2szonBDyE

Please help. The players desperately need a permanent fix to this issue.

Many thanks,

Clobberstomp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This lag is terrible, i have huge lag today... it is impossible to play ... and it is definitely not just the melee class, all classes are being affected ....

Even finishing castilla is difficult (mainly for melee class) there is not enough speed to drop skills and hit to kill the mobs in time.

Opening a warehouse is often taking a while,, opening boxes is lagging, sometimes even AH is lagging.

Honestly everyone is getting tired of this issue, it is something that has been debated for months, and there is no solution. Even if the problem only affected the melee classes, that would not be right to leave out, there are those who like to play with the melee class and should not be penalized for that.

This lagging to run, open WH, open AH, enchant, upgrade, compound, lag in hunting zones, in instances, skill lag, melee lag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rahliah said:

@Hime and @Juji

1. I am located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin or close to it.

2. I am not using a VPN. Straight business class broadband internet. I have less than 10ms to google all the time on the other side of the country in California.

3. Frequency of latency is constant. The only time it seems to be decent performing is after server restart.

4. I have tested in various places across the world of Aden. From War Torn Plains, to Tanor Canyon, to Phantasmal Ridge, to Alligator Island. I also see it in Instances such as the solo Aden instance Karina.

I have also taken a video and posted it for viewing for your people. I hope this all helps.

https://youtu.be/oX2szonBDyE

Please help. The players desperately need a permanent fix to this issue.

Many thanks,

Clobberstomp

Update: After brief maintenance. Login time 7:42pm CDT. Server seems better. Lag still noticeable but much improvement. Upon login server showed "Normal" for population. UI items seem to lag as well. Waits a second or two before registering clicks for Ranking System, Dim Merchant, Special Hunting Zones, and inventory and skills. It most certainly is not like it was before the maintenance this evening and there is improvement for now. I expect however under long it will continue to decline over time.

@Hime @Juji Here is a temporary solution to fix the lag we all have, shutdown the ranking system until you find a way to have stability with lag and ranking system, everyone knows that without ranking system this lag would be gone, cus the first 2 days of event ranking system was down, and even with full capacity and queue we had no lag at all, it was the best 2 days we had in years considering the melee lag or skill lag. We of course had other issues like opening boxes, AH, WH and more. But at least we could grind without this terrible lag.

Not considering this shutdown of ranking system until you find stability would be a big mistake. Cus right now it feels like going to a scammer garage for an oil change but they change the transmission, the clutch, do a full electrical rewiring when all we needed was an oil change hehe. (oil change being the shutdown of ranking system)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drakkus said:

@Hime @Juji Here is a temporary solution to fix the lag we all have, shutdown the ranking system until you find a way to have stability with lag and ranking system, everyone knows that without ranking system this lag would be gone, cus the first 2 days of event ranking system was down, and even with full capacity and queue we had no lag at all, it was the best 2 days we had in years considering the melee lag or skill lag. We of course had other issues like opening boxes, AH, WH and more. But at least we could grind without this terrible lag.

Not considering this shutdown of ranking system until you find stability would be a big mistake. Cus right now it feels like going to a scammer garage for an oil change but they change the transmission, the clutch, do a full electrical rewiring when all we needed was an oil change hehe. (oil change being the shutdown of ranking system)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THE HELL THEY DONT GIVE ANY REACTION ABOUT THIS QUESTION OF RANKING SYSTEM.

THEY EVEN DON'T TOUCH THIS ARGUMENT.

WHY THEY DON'T TRY EVEN FOR 1DAY IF IT COULD SOLVE THAT NIGHTMARE??

Just now, -Madonna- said:

I WOULD LIKE KNOW WHY THE HELL THEY DONT GIVE ANY REACTION ABOUT THIS QUESTION OF RANKING SYSTEM.

IS THERE SOME ECONOMY/BUSINESS STUFF BEHIND THIS HELL RANKING SYSTEM THAT I DON'T KNOW??

there are a lot of people that do care about their rank and once some1 surpasses them, they use Ncoin to get more XP, its called marketing and it applies to a handful of people that are willing to spend more to keep their place in the ranks.