Experiencing Game Latency? Report it here.

Hime

1. Where are you located - Northeast  USA
  2. Are you using a VPN? - No
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? Since the update
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency? Usually only when I am using items, opening chests, or turning in quests from clan quest tab, and do not open the ranking screen it can crash the game.

19 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

Thank you!

1. Greece

2. No

3.NPC reactions, pop cakes, use wh

4.Hunting zones pve mainly, moving in crowded cities (Aden, Giran)

melee and soulshot lag is back. i heard you turned on the ranking system recently...just turn it off again, noone needs it.

or at least consider to update it once per day only or even on server maintenance only.

noone needs a real time ranking feature which kills server performance.

• Germany
  • VPN - No
  • constantly delays since today
  • usual PVE content

1. Where are you located: France
  2. Are you using a VPN?: No
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? : Everytime melee lags, lag spikes. 
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?: Everywhere, delay opening , Aden Boxes, Crisis Boxes.

16 hours ago, L0RELEI said:

1.) Where are you located -  PA 

2.) Are you using a VPN? - Nope

3.) How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? 
Here and there. The latency issues posted below tend to go away after task is completed,  but then come back in about 15-30min. For example: If I buy something off of L2 Store, it takes 10 seconds for it to complete. But then if I go back and try to do it for the second time, its immediate.

4.) Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

• When buying anything from L2 store (when u click ''purchase'' it needs about 10 sec to process the transfer)
  • When clicking ''Come To Me'' on Humunculus window
  • When farming, the adena/XP/SP comes 5 - 10 seconds later, but not always. 70% of the farm is still synced properly from what I have seen
  • When opening boxed items for example ''Party Cake'', there is a delay of a few seconds as well before the item appears in you inventory
  • Auction house is refreshing really slow
  • When opening mails, takes about 10 seconds for the mailbox window to appear

Update: Melee lag is back. Hitting the mobs slower again.

• Like 1

-Greece

-No VPN 

-everything is laggy. compound/put items to auction/ alchemy / craft /buy from grocery / receive-open-close mail

melee lag: i hit about 1hit/3secs.

when i kill a mob i  change target but i dont attack, i wait 4-6secs and after i attack. also  3 out of 4 mobs i kill give me my drops after a while. a lot of times it gave me adena after i ported to town.

PS.

@Hime support team still refuses to acknowledge the existance of melee lag saying that there is not such a thing and it is caused due to latency issue from our end. maybe you should let your superiors know that melee lag is a thing, we are really frustrated about it and you should do something about it before you lose more customers. This behavior is really unacceptable from  a multi million dollar company. 

hope i was usefull.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

1. Greece

2. No

3. Frequent delays when using items, opening boxes, buying items from NPCs, collecting clan quests/homunculus points. Melee lag is also back today. Yesterday (4/8/2021) I had no melee lag issues but I did have the afforementioned item delays.

4. It isn't specific to a town or instance. It happens everywhere, even in less crowded places.

1. Netherlands
  2. BattlePing Ashburn 1 with 95ping - Texas ping was 128 on avg
  3. after last maintenance it creeped up back to Texas levels
  4. everywhere & everything, just like how it was on Texas - even the smooth feeling of walking through a town which we had before last change is gone

@Hime

After the server transfer, I know we had some hiccups here and there, but melee lag was gone. This is HUGE for Eviscerators, and the difference was night and day. Everything was fine until late afternoon yesterday (4/8/21). Something happened between 5-8PM EST because the melee lag is back. It is very pitiful to see how Eviscerators can hit twice, pause for 1-1.5 seconds, and hit twice again, and pause for another 1-1.5 seconds. I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but yesterday morning everything was fine with melee lag because there was none. I looked at the server ranking and ALL characters were listed as NEW. Later yesterday, when I noticed the melee lag was back, I happened to see the ranks and the server rank system was working again. 

I know classes that rely on hitting fast (melee lag) were affected as soon the ranking system was introduced for the very first time several months ago. I know NCSoft disabled the ranking system at some point among other things when trying to isolate the problem. After the server transfer to AWS 2 days ago, that lag was gone. I am not going to lie, I had tears of joy to finally have the Eviscerator back the way it should be. But, we are back to square 1 again. Several people I knew quit Eviscerators and rolled to another characters because of this. Eviscerators are not welcomed in parties because of t his.

So, you have an idea how much difference this is. I've done the Aden Epic 120 solo after the server transfer. I was able to kill the boss in 10 seconds because Eviscerators were hitting non-stop as it should be because there was no melee lag. I've done the Aden Epic 120 solo this morning with the melee lag and it took me 35 seconds to kill the boss with the exactly setup.

Hello all,

1. Where are you located - North Carolina
  2. Are you using a VPN? - Never used a VPN for Lineage II
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? -ALL the time (Eviscerator player here)
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency? - Melee lag is present all the time.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

SO WHAT WE CAN DO HERE? WAITING FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY MAINTENANCE FOR SOME FEEDBACK? @Juji @Hime

1. Quebec, Canada

2. no VPN

3. the moment ranking system went back on, lag was back, I felt no lag before it. make this thing only update on reset and it may solve the lag.

4. felt no lag in AI or FoM or Ketra or instances since wednesday, ranking system got back on constantly updating and boom lag was back everywhere I go. 

My solution for now, shutdown the ranking to see if it helps, if it does make it only update 1 time per day on reset that's simple.

• Like 1

1. Austria
  2. no
  3. melee lags all time
  4. melee lags all time
  5. simple, since the ranking is back lags back too.

Ban the greedy treasure chests (mass lags with people using bot programs running with lot of bots), remove the ranking system (is useless, why this ranking?).

GM's have a look arround Tanor... you will see a party of those bots, it is a shame!

On 4/8/2021 at 11:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

1. The Netherlands
2. No
3. On very regular basis
4. Any time when opening or consuming an item there is a delay. Soulshot/Spiritshots look to be excluded. Opening event boxes, Castilla Chest, Venusta Chest, Field of Crisis box all have a delay opening. Consuming a recharge stone is delayed also, already had twice that I charged a time zone one time to many.  Opening and/or receiving e-mails are delayed. Storing and retrieving items from personal and clan warehouse is delayed. Withdrawing items from Dimensional Storage or pet inventory is delayed.

FYI ranking system is not tracking correctly either.  Says my toon only got 6 billion xp yesterday while I actually got 4 trillion..... so its not even tracking correctly just disabled it.   The day before says i got 1.4 Quaddrillion xp would easily put me at level 108 already and im only 100 on my reroll lol