MELEE LAG AGAIN... OBVIOUSLY >.>

Khelida

April 8th. Ranking system not working. Server runs buttery smooth, no melee lag.
April 9th. Ranking system is BACK. Hime using server to run Excel '97 so we can be ranked up constantly. Melee lag is back.
Coincidence? I think not.

We, the players, have been telling you the ranking system is the source of the melee lag, while you "amazing" GMs and ur "outstanding" development team can't solve the bloody thing for OVER A YEAR!
Just rank us up one a day, on reset, which is same time when the ranking bonuses are applied anyway!
JUST FIX THE DAMN THING ALREADY YOU BUFFOONS !!

*transmission ended to avoid ban for bad language*

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There has been a ranking system for over a decade, just change what was ranked to current system 2 years ago.  But I agree with Khelida, only update it once a day nothing changes regardless of  your movement in rank during the day.

just put the old ranking system that was added when GoD launched, people get to have their own statues for achievements! worked just fine until you removed it! 

P.S. I still remember Andilek trying to get a statue but killing lv1 toons! EPIC!

@Jujiwhat i don't understand is why you all think we need to see were we stand in the rankings in real time. At the daily turn over the New rankings can be posted with how much exp we got for that day, and thats all we need to know. A minute by minute tally is not needed. Please SHUT..IT...DOWN.

• Like 1

Just now, xQuiuvat said:

wanna end lag during XP events? Disable mentee system during event

I'm lvling mentee's to put atlas blessed and thats not the problem... can't say about BS, but other places (Desert, Beleth, Phantasmal, EV, even Coal) do not have that many ppl arround like last event.  Very easy to find a spot in those places.

1 minute ago, Ganealf said:

@Jujiwhat i don't understand is why you all think we need to see were we stand in the rankings in real time. At the daily turn over the New rankings can be posted with how much exp we got for that day, and thats all we need to know. A minute by minute tally is not needed. Please SHUT..IT...DOWN.

You guys really dont understand how much a person can pay to see their rank rise? this is a 2nd olly system bro. I bet all my itens that NCSOFT will make less money if they disable 24h rank system lol

NC is about to loose a lot more if the lag issue doesn't get solved on AWS either cause then folks will just pack up their things and go to the company that have zero lag at heavy servers aka EU/RU - RU has several servers with population like Chronos and no lag so yeah..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xQuiuvat said:

You guys really dont understand how much a person can pay to see their rank rise? this is a 2nd olly system bro. I bet all my itens that NCSOFT will make less money if they disable 24h rank system lol

yeah i am sure they ll lose a lot fixing their game that customers leave because they cant play.

Khelida is correct.

Melee lag showed up around the same time Ranking System started working. I am not sure if is a coincidence or not, but there was zero lag until yesterday 4/8/21 afternoon. I checked the ranking yesterday morning and we ALL were set as NEW. After noticing the lag, I started asking others and they noticed the same too. I looked the ranking system yesterday and it was working.

I already replied on another post, but the melee lag is HUGE for Eviscerators .... I mean, HUGE!!! I was able to do the Epic 120 solo in Aden yesterday 4/8/21 in the morning and killed the boss in 10 seconds. I did the Epic solo 120 this morning with the melee lag and took me almost 35 seconds to kill it. Same setup, same pots, same everything.

You guys are funny! lol

The ranking system been UP since EVER! It was up yesterday and the day before. It never went offline!

No idea why you guys still blame it for the lag! it has NOTHING to do with it!

Either NCWest is downscaling to save a few bucks or the design flaws that our side has are back again as more people/Bots start logging.

1 hour ago, BurnCycle said:

You guys are funny! lol

The ranking system been UP since EVER! It was up yesterday and the day before. It never went offline!

No idea why you guys still blame it for the lag! it has NOTHING to do with it!

Either NCWest is downscaling to save a few bucks or the design flaws that our side has are back again as more people/Bots start logging.

the ranking didn't show any stats as everyone was set to NEW initially, what ppl try to say here is the moment it started to compare last posted stats against current aka based on Live data (you know how they show ingame when someone goes up in xp and passes someone in ranking) the lag started to appear

now as mentioned before sure it can be a coincidence but it's a fact there was no crazy lag until last maintenance - NCWest aka @Juji and AWS engineers will know what they did then that caused the server performance to go down the drain.. and honestly there is NO good reason for not rolling back w/e that was as we are fed up with this lag and rather do without w/e was changed period.

this is becoming a really sad story cause I actually had my hopes up and felt cheerful to see the game perform as how it used to be for a mere day and now this again :(

well... think the 1-2 days w/o lag and then right back to it made some people how bad of a service we are getting. 3 clanmates just migrated in EU, a bunch just stopped logging and the remaining melees just complain constantly about significantly diminished farm. Good stuff.

• Thanks 1

More people leaving this server then ever, some were keeping an eye on things to have a little hope for the AWS migration.
But after confirming the same problem is still there and new problems getting added on top like box opening delays and disconnects most of us have given up any hope.
Also the whole hour lag problems have resurfaced for 1-2 minutes on and past the whole hour:
- Inability to open AH
- Inability to open mail
- Inability to interact with NPC's
- Error / exception from clan reward taken and the clan reputation & other rewards are voided
- Drops & item pickups do not show up but seem to show up much later if at all
- If you ran out of shots and craft them during this time the shots go invisible and won't be used at all, no solution but to relog to actually have shots at this point

From my friend list since xp event started and a week prior to it 19 people have decided to abandon their character entirely and move over to Core instead.
These are people with 750 bil - 2 tril range characters so it's not just some low geared chars that were already struggling without the lag.
All of us are getting annoyed not being able to do the same things without lag screwing us over when without lag there are no issues whatsoever.
Besides of that Core is much cheaper and would take less then 10% of the money that was invested here to get quite a lot more gear.

• Thanks 1

Nothing has changed about the Melee lag! (the lag in general has it's ups and downs). 

Anyway, I will keep loging on every now and then, to say hi to clan mates and play for a couple of hours.

This is now more of a hobby, or a place to hang out and not a fun game.

*,..,*