Is it Worth start play?

Benjis10

Hi guys. Is is worth start play L2? Because im upset from what i hear. My friend told me there are too many bots, autocombat he say you can go afk and just come back in one hour. Without donating some money you cant be never good as spenders etc. I was played L2 since C4 and i remember good hardcore times. And now L2 looks so bad from what i hear.

I will give you my honest opinion as i also play for 2 months now.

Atm its a good period to start with the even you can get 105 in 1 day and then you can start trying to find a clan and a CP.

Yes it is auto farming when you fix your macro you can farm without any problem (if you have the gear). And yes you need to spend $$$$ at least to some level so you can farm efficiently alone with a prestige rune that costs 15$. Once you reach that gear (different for each class) you can then say that you don't want to spend more $$ and you can survive with that perfectly fine and be in a community (clan that you like and enjoy the game) but you will never ever compete for anything that requires top gear as those in the top spend a lot of irl money in order to be there. If you are also a big spender then yes you will enjoy pvp, oly, pve anything and everything the game has to offer, if not tho, as most of us are, its better to invest around 500$ and be able to solo farm in areas in order to make adena to upgrade your gear. 

Regarding hardcore: I've been playing classic servers for the past 7 years eu and russians those are indeed fun and competitive but being able to finally farm while you are at work and enjoy 4-6 hours game play in the evening with your cp/clan (raids, dungeons etc) its also a qol (quality of life) achievement this game has to offer you. 

So its down to what you want to achieve in your game and what you want to get from it. There is definitely fun to find in this game as a lot of people are friendly and will teach you anything you dont know about it. 

The choice is yours!!

Clearly you do not have the mentality to play Lineage 2. I see no reason for people to use bots, its all about macro auto XP, it is a feature of the game so, are there a lot of toons around? yes, do they use bot? no reason to. Do you have to spend money? Sure you have, play it smart and you will be fine.

Play a support and you will get invited to parties and lvl fast, buy budget items that allow you to survive and enjoy L2 and buy good items during events that  prices drop really low. As a DD you will need tons of adena to gear up and do damage. The times when all you needed was a draconic bow, maj light set and an AQ are long gone, like 13 years ago....

Finally, those spenders play for years, you want to catch up to them without spending anything? 

What he said.  People play for different reasons, the auto hunt for me is just an added bonus for xp while I sleep/work.  When L2 was really hardcore, I would of liked it then, ohh well.  Bots?   Won't be a problem for ya, there are still great people and fun clans out there, give it a go, can't hurt.  Never take someone else's word for spmething YOU might enjoy.

Just now, Degus said:

Never take someone else's word for spmething YOU might enjoy.

this! 

But as I mentioned earlier, stop living in the past! things have changed, maybe if you never quit and kept on playing, you would be one of the well geared players!

5 hours ago, Gizzer said:

Clearly you do not have the mentality to play Lineage 2. I see no reason for people to use bots, its all about macro auto XP, it is a feature of the game so, are there a lot of toons around? yes, do they use bot? no reason to. Do you have to spend money? Sure you have, play it smart and you will be fine.

Play a support and you will get invited to parties and lvl fast, buy budget items that allow you to survive and enjoy L2 and buy good items during events that  prices drop really low. As a DD you will need tons of adena to gear up and do damage. The times when all you needed was a draconic bow, maj light set and an AQ are long gone, like 13 years ago....

Finally, those spenders play for years, you want to catch up to them without spending anything? 

Play a support????

I dun think any party need ISS and Healer.

Most have own high level ISS ( level 108 or higher), which is tough to level. Unless you are willing to spend USD600 to 800 hundreds dollars to buy XP rune..XP pots..Prestige pack and box with 1 DD and grind for 12mths to 16mths for level 108 and above.

As for Healer... its even worse.. no party need healer at all.

ISS the worst class to level. Nobody need you and you need to power level yourself with a DD (Provided your DD got nice gear).

Minimum you need a level 107 ISS in today context, but not easy to level. I wasted 1 years and $ to get it to level 107 (Macro 24x7 almost everyday and clearing instance).

Level 105 - 107 is really a killer....

11 minutes ago, DorfL2 said:

ISS the worst class to level. Nobody need you and you need to power level yourself with a DD (Provided your DD got nice gear).

Minimum you need a level 107 ISS in today context, but not easy to level. I wasted 1 years and $ to get it to level 107 (Macro 24x7 almost everyday and clearing instance).

Level 105 - 107 is really a killer....

So to be honest, like what most players do, buy the ISS from you clannie or someone who is not playing this game anymore or just treat him a nice dinner for the ISS account.

Save all your time and effort.............

nah, healer is the worst. People invite iss to replace healers some times, but never a healer to replace an iss

The game isn't meant to play by yourself, if you wanna play support, you'll need an active clan/cp and you'll need to play.   There are people still playing this game, ya just need to look for them, and if you're looking to afk macro 23/7, it's gonna be hard to find people like that.  The people saying months for 105-107 are the people to stay away from.  Any1 crying for GM buffs, just stay away.   Healer is the worst, until ya need them and then  are thankful they are there.   I would be much higher level except I realize this and sacrifice my xp to get the levels they need.  At minimum you need prestige, consider that your subscription.  Good luck!

L2 can be fun with spending or without spending.  you just need to understand what is required financially to get the experience you are wanting to get.  After that, its up to you on if that is a good purchase or not and if L2 works for what you want.  The game is quite different from C3/C4 days but is still a fun game with quite a few people.

I would say 100 usd/month is a safe bet on investment to have a somewhat functioning character.  Now, if u want a top 25 char, that number needs to be higher.  If you are happy with a lower end char, that number could be lower.  It truly lies in what you want from the game.

2 hours ago, DorfL2 said:

Both ISS and Healer is as bad.

Lvl 1 - 105, is always easy if you play 7 days straight 24x7 Macro.

But Lvl 105-107 takes many months or a year even dumping $ to buy XP rune and pots.

This is ridiculous. bad info.
It is true that if you decide to make a support class as main you need either a group of friends or your own DPS carry.
However, hear not those naysayers, with just prestige I gotten my own iss Hierophant to 108lvl & 60% in less than 3 months with a DpS combo armed with mostly basic gear.
The Dps is now 109 and 45% after 3 months of play time as well using prestige and a destiny pack for the event.

2 minutes ago, Traingirl said:

This is ridiculous. bad info.
It is true that if you decide to make a support class as main you need either a group of friends or your own DPS carry.
However, hear not those naysayers, with just prestige I gotten my own iss Hierophant to 108lvl & 60% in less than 3 months with a DpS combo armed with mostly basic gear.
The Dps is now 109 and 45% after 3 months of play time as well using prestige and a destiny pack for the event.

i know a handful of iss mains that straight solo ios2 for decent adena.  iss isnt bad, but no one builds the char the way it should be to be good anymore.

edit: healer can mage spec too and be a decent aoe pve mage with good gear. 

healer/iss isnt dead per se, just more challenging and expensive to make it a good solo char.

Agreed, especially now that melee lag is being looked upon I reckon ISS can pull it's own weight with good to high gear. It's just their steroids have high CD. If they was an option for BR having a lot lower CD when ISS is not in a group would make it a lot easier to play one when you are forced to solo. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gizzer said:

I see no reason for people to use bots, its all about macro auto XP, it is a feature of the game so, are there a lot of toons around? yes, do they use bot? no reason to. Do

Tell that to the army of blinking toons everywhere killing greedy chests on spawn

Im just abit confused with ppl saying "ISS no use to play".. 

It's actually not that hard to reverse engineer playstyle... many DD make a ISS to buff themselves..

You could with ease lvl up ISS with a DD duo... the higher ISS become.. the more it can assist dmg... ofcourse abit slower... but doable.

In the end.. an active ISS have a great value at higher lvl farm/instance/pvp events.

But like all supports.. its a longer road... but lets be honest.. ALWAYS been like this for support!

I leveled up an entire support system to push my main when I can't get certain classes.  I have 109 Iss, 108 healer, added a newly minted 105 tank, 107 dagger, and 109 evi just to keep leveling my main.

I gladly swap out any more support toons for a live player and got burnt on helping many support people level leaving me soon as they get to that 108/109 mark to a clan that does end game content but lacks live support.  So yes people kill their own classes, if you do play support don't leave the people that helped you level up behind or it just makes worse for next person.  If that is your mentality just play a DD with slave toons to level yourself up.

5 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I leveled up an entire support system to push my main when I can't get certain classes.  I have 109 Iss, 108 healer, added a newly minted 105 tank, 107 dagger, and 109 evi just to keep leveling my main.

I gladly swap out any more support toons for a live player and got burnt on helping many support people level leaving me soon as they get to that 108/109 mark to a clan that does end game content but lacks live support.  So yes people kill their own classes, if you do play support don't leave the people that helped you level up behind or it just makes worse for next person.  If that is your mentality just play a DD with slave toons to level yourself up.

why no healer?

On 4/13/2021 at 9:08 AM, Benjis10 said:

Hi guys. Is is worth start play L2? Because im upset from what i hear. My friend told me there are too many bots, autocombat he say you can go afk and just come back in one hour. Without donating some money you cant be never good as spenders etc. I was played L2 since C4 and i remember good hardcore times. And now L2 looks so bad from what i hear.

no is not unless you plan spend 10k $ in nckoin shop or 8k for Adena sellers(and its not for top end items), but if you enjoying died in one shot for 2milons dmg or do dailies in 2.5h when other do in 30minutes yes you can play and enjoy.  check YT for "Why I quit playing Lineage 2 Official Servers"

17 minutes ago, 231964596 said:

no is not unless you plan spend 10k $ in nckoin shop or 8k for Adena sellers(and its not for top end items), but if you enjoying died in one shot for 2milons dmg or do dailies in 2.5h when other do in 30minutes yes you can play and enjoy.  check YT for "Why I quit playing Lineage 2 Official Servers"

Then leave dude, your negativity adds nothing to these conversations.  I read your posts and to me it's clear you don't enjoy the game.  You also don't know how to play it, why put yourself in a position to get hit for 2kk damage, to try prove a point?  So transparent you are.  If it's too expensive for you, leave, simple.   I won't laugh at you like others will for thinking 8k is a lot of money to invest in a hobby you can play for years.   The game can be extremly fun and rewarding if you want it to be, stay clear of toxic people like this guy, in game and in rl. 

p.s. idk why YT quit, I'll ask him, cuz I see him playing every day!

40 minutes ago, 231964596 said:

dude, if u are the poster of that video, im sorry, but u are a fool and u wasted a ton of money.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Benjis10 said:

it is worth ofc, if your monthly salary is 500k $ and you give the 10k$ to NCfailers...

15 hours ago, SoMeTiMe said:

Tell that to the army of blinking toons everywhere killing greedy chests on spawn

I have said it multiple times that you do NOT need a bot to detect boxes nor to get notifications for it any experienced oldschool player knows it. Why it is that hard for you to understand? Blinking toons only appear in Crisis but if you try to attack them you get a message that says that the toon is in another instance, meaning that the map glitches since FoS/FoW & Crisis are the exact same thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DorfL2 said:

Both ISS and Healer is as bad.

Lvl 1 - 105, is always easy if you play 7 days straight 24x7 Macro.

But Lvl 105-107 takes many months or a year even dumping $ to buy XP rune and pots.

So breaking down l2 for the not so wise.

Assuming you have reached 105/105 which is mandatory and easy at the same time.

Regardless the class you are, with the exception of Eviscerator you cannot solo in any area after blazing/war-torn plains and coal mines is 1hour per day. what do you do?

Look in the party finder and join 24/7 afk groups in phantasmal. but you cant quite handle the dmg from the mobs, regardless of the class, so you are looking to boost your stats for as little as possible, and join a clan, fixed 3.5k pdef/mdef and 3.8k patk/matk.

If that clan has active players that want to do things, they will need a full party to do any 105+ instance simply cuz you have damage penalty in these areas and even if you do have "some" gear, it will be hard for you to solo until 108+. Aden dailies are a no-go for exalted characters.

While people do play on their own these days, unless you have $2-$3k on your toon you will need a tank, a healer and an Iss in your party to do stuff especially the (105) Aden Dailies which give a ton of XP for players under 110.

Yes the game now is more solo oriented but there are clans out there that area actively recruit people and do stuff, new players can benefit from them simply because every party doing these will invite an  Iss and a healer even with exalted gear.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is how things are in the 105- 108 level range.