Jump to content
Forums

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 14, 2021


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

Yes 100%, imagine you are being hired as a PR ( public relations) consultant, you get feedback from people you talk with, you forward it to your boss, your boss does nothing, you go back to the people that you talked with and they start complaining about the stuff they told you. Now you have to give them an answer so that they are satisfied, you get to keep your job and do not upset your boss, you can't just go and tell your boss "listen here you little shit, they are waiting for answers" and force things to happen, best you can do is send a "reminder", this triangle happens all the time and you are in the middle of this.

 

this is Ncsoft, juji and the players.

you are not wrong but how long does this chain last? This only works to buy time to work solutions out. How long you keep customers if you keep this up? 

You do not go "listen here you little shit, they are waiting for answers" you present the situation, problems, customer complains along with ideas for solutions. Even a bad idea can spark something good form a colleague. You do not treat your paying/long term customers like sh*t or like idiots. They will not be here forever. And once the floodgates for something alternative open(Core)? you figure out what comes next. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are aware of the issue with the latency delays, skill delays, and rubberbanding after the server upgrades today. Our team has verified the Hourly Latency Action Delays  were resolved. We are invest

Increase item limit so we can switch main- dual w/o trade 40 items thx

I hope the GM JUJI and HIME are aware that the players and several are paying a membership service and we have endured them for more than 2 years with the LAG issue. Enough is enough and I think you s

7 minutes ago, Degus said:

Wrong,  no way in hell any of this is being forwarded to the guys at the top counting beans!!!  They (juji and his team) don't know what they are doing and realize they will all be replaced if the boss finds out.   Business is about money, not giving us a good experience.  Look deep, they are reporting over packed servers and sales are good enough to not throw up red flags for low numbers, so business as usual.   Please don't apply at my shop if that is really how you see thing work.  

Even your scenario shows the problems never got from PR's boss to NCWEST boss.

PR????  joking right?  this forum is their main source of advertising, clearly there is no PR here anyways. 

"Now you have to give them an answer."   no, you don't!  ya tell them get to work, and when they get paid the same, they stop caring.

You clearly missed the point. The point is that they are the middle man, they are not making any decisions on their own and they are taking fire from us but cannot do anything if they do not get clear instructions, having worked in the gaming industry , this is how things work. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ffs said:

you are not wrong but how long does this chain last? This only works to buy time to work solutions out. How long you keep customers if you keep this up? 

You do not go "listen here you little shit, they are waiting for answers" you present the situation, problems, customer complains along with ideas for solutions. Even a bad idea can spark something good form a colleague. You do not treat your paying/long term customers like sh*t or like idiots. They will not be here forever. And once the floodgates for something alternative open(Core)? you figure out what comes next. 

It can't last like this, no way, at this rate, by the time Korea learns, damage will have been done.  I'm not even talking about events here, straight up server quality and customer service, I can truthfully say, I have never seen this bad a service anywhere, at least Comcast tries!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ffs said:

you are not wrong but how long does this chain last? This only works to buy time to work solutions out. How long you keep customers if you keep this up? 

You do not go "listen here you little shit, they are waiting for answers" you present the situation, problems, customer complains along with ideas for solutions. Even a bad idea can spark something good form a colleague. You do not treat your paying/long term customers like sh*t or like idiots. They will not be here forever. And once the floodgates for something alternative open(Core)? you figure out what comes next. 

I get that and I am with you on that but, you all have been dealing with this for the the past 2 years, a change was made and it did not work as intended and you are trying to burry them. Give them 2-3 weeks to work things out and then go on a rampage, if they fix things, they will also give compensation ( that is what I believe). Imagine they said "oh here is 1 more week of XP boost" and stuff was still broken. 

I hate that they decreased the party back to 50% but oh well.

At this point the only thing we can do is wait to see how things will turn out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

You clearly missed the point. The point is that they are the middle man, they are not making any decisions on their own and they are taking fire from us but cannot do anything if they do not get clear instructions, having worked in the gaming industry , this is how things work. 
 

well, there's probably a reason you "worked" in and don't still work  in.  Remove the part (lie) they don't have any say and tell me what you type still makes sense.    Money man, if you tell your boss you can double his profit, they always listen!  Stop believing they don't!  1 simple lie got  juji off the hook w/ sooooo many people, the ones that believed him only though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Degus said:

 I have never seen this bad a service anywhere

yup, it's kinda shocking and irrational when you consider the money ppl spend with the "free to play" model.

Cutting corners everywhere.

outsourcing customer support,

diminishing rewards.

srtiping out every ingame farming mechanic to push ppl to buy more boxes,

misscomunication,

Ignoring customer feedback

incompetence to fix long term and short term problems

just form the top of my head. and people still casually spend hundreds if not thousands per month. I wonder, to the people reading this forum, what is your cut off? what will it take to say enough is enough? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Degus said:

It can't last like this, no way, at this rate, by the time Korea learns, damage will have been done.  I'm not even talking about events here, straight up server quality and customer service, I can truthfully say, I have never seen this bad a service anywhere, at least Comcast tries!

NCsoft publishes their annual financial reports, go check revenue from eastern countries and compare it with the US market, see how much revenue we are generating compared to the other countries and see who has really "abandoned", the franchise.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Degus said:

well, there's probably a reason you "worked" in and don't still work  in.  Remove the part (lie) they don't have any say and tell me what you type still makes sense.    Money man, if you tell your boss you can double his profit, they always listen!  Stop believing they don't!  1 simple lie got  juji off the hook w/ sooooo many people, the ones that believed him only though.

a) I got a better job, that is why I "worked".
b) in every business model, there is cost and return, if they get 1000$ with spending $100 but if they spend $500, they MIGHT get $2000, then its straight up losing money, new players do not line up to play L2, nor want to spend money, they simply see it as a waste of money.
( do not get confused, numbers are there as an example)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

NCsoft publishes their annual financial reports, go check revenue from eastern countries and compare it with the US market, see how much revenue we are generating compared to the other countries and see who has really "abandoned", the franchise.

not sure what ya mean, believe any report ya want, we fudge numbers too.   I can say I am spending 1/1o what i would if things were operating correctly.  I am also sure I'm not the only 1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

a) I got a better job, that is why I "worked".
b) in every business model, there is cost and return, if they get 1000$ with spending $100 but if they spend $500, they MIGHT get $2000, then its straight up losing money, new players do not line up to play L2, nor want to spend money, they simply see it as a waste of money.
( do not get confused, numbers are there as an example)

see, you are right, they are reporting the 2000$ profit, bear with me here, this is where it gets good, THEY DO NOT REPORT THEY WOULD OF MADE 5000$ IF THE SERVER WASN'T RUNNING LIKE CRAP! 

There, no 1 is lying, but the truth is not being told either.   Korea ignores, juji goes back to bed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Degus said:

see, you are right, they are reporting the 2000$ profit, bear with me here, this is where it gets good, THEY DO NOT REPORT THEY WOULD OF MADE 5000$ IF THE SERVER WASN'T RUNNING LIKE CRAP! 

There, no 1 is lying, but the truth is not being told either.   Korea ignores, juji goes back to bed.

you cannot post false numbers in publicly traded companies

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Degus said:

see, you are right, they are reporting the 2000$ profit, bear with me here, this is where it gets good, THEY DO NOT REPORT THEY WOULD OF MADE 5000$ IF THE SERVER WASN'T RUNNING LIKE CRAP! 

There, no 1 is lying, but the truth is not being told either.   Korea ignores, juji goes back to bed.

there were no false numbers here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Degus said:

there were no false numbers here.

dude, let me break it down for you.

cost = $100 , return = $1000
cost = $500, "possible return" $2000

the possible return is not guaranteed, so what any corporation would do, is a risk assessment. All the see is that in the end of the month they will "lose" $400 ( if they increase the cost) so that fixed $900 income, becomes $500 .

I could tell my boss that he can make 3x the money that he is making now but he would have to spend money to do so, can I guarantee the result? Hell no! then it is a 100% risky move for him, so he does not get out of his comfort zone, and prefers a fixed $900/month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

 so he does not get out of his comfort zone, and prefers a fixed $900/month.

And that is why as long as players here do not put economic pressure to get attention to the ongoing chronic problems, no matter how many threads with complains  and "feedback" we make have proven to have close to 0 effect.

Imagine now that those comfort zones practices start to earn 800, then 700, then a notable shrinking of clientele. That could push towards the investment to better infrastructure and customer relations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

dude, let me break it down for you.

cost = $100 , return = $1000
cost = $500, "possible return" $2000

the possible return is not guaranteed, so what any corporation would do, is a risk assessment. All the see is that in the end of the month they will "lose" $400 ( if they increase the cost) so that fixed $900 income, becomes $500 .

I could tell my boss that he can make 3x the money that he is making now but he would have to spend money to do so, can I guarantee the result? Hell no! then it is a 100% risky move for him, so he does not get out of his comfort zone, and prefers a fixed $900/month.

 

18 minutes ago, Gizzer said:

dude, let me break it down for you.

cost = $100 , return = $1000
cost = $500, "possible return" $2000

the possible return is not guaranteed, so what any corporation would do, is a risk assessment. All the see is that in the end of the month they will "lose" $400 ( if they increase the cost) so that fixed $900 income, becomes $500 .

I could tell my boss that he can make 3x the money that he is making now but he would have to spend money to do so, can I guarantee the result? Hell no! then it is a 100% risky move for him, so he does not get out of his comfort zone, and prefers a fixed $900/month.

your business model will lead to failure, if your not growing, your dying

Link to post
Share on other sites

on a serious note got 2 suggestions @Juji since you are unsuccessfully tweaking stuff

Turn off ranking system for 24 hours and monitor performance. 100 people out of the whole server can live with a few less stats for a bit. If that proves to be the cause of server lag I do believe it's a well worth trade to perma turn it off in exchange for server stability. 

turn off greedy chests for 24 hours and monitor if people delog their billion cameras around the map, by physically logging in the servers and running around in areas than chest spawn. Monitor performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economic pressure from me ..and i hope alot will follow.Just stopped my subscriptions because this game is not fun anymore, it is UNPLAYABLE!

If i was a plumber and i wouldn't fix a leak within 1,5 years i bet i would have been fired ages ago and never got a job again. I know nothing about running a game but i do know a thing or 2 about doing my job (close to perfection i might add)

Start doing your jobs plz!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the peeps that are giving a financial analysis of why they are not fixing this game.. All of which are basically false. Here's my reasoning. NCsoft is a mult-million dollar company and like all companies your rep equals cash. I don't know of many people playing this game that will recommend any NCSoft game after this experience, which is bad for their bottom line. In fact i know of many that wont even consider another NCSoft game because of the way this one is being handled. So, the worse it gets, the more they will loose in the long run. Maybe they make alot in Korea, i feel they will not be making alot more in the US.  I for one have no intention of ever putting my time and money in another NCSoft game, and i surely will never recommend one. So, financially speaking, if you don't take care of even your worse money making game, it will eventually affect your best game. In easier terms, if you're handing me a hundred dollars from your right hand, but your left hand is currently cratching around your A-hole...you can keep that hundred dollars. And i'll let people know were that other hand has been. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ganealf said:

I see the peeps that are giving a financial analysis of why they are not fixing this game.. All of which are basically false. Here's my reasoning. NCsoft is a mult-million dollar company and like all companies your rep equals cash. I don't know of many people playing this game that will recommend any NCSoft game after this experience, which is bad for their bottom line. In fact i know of many that wont even consider another NCSoft game because of the way this one is being handled. So, the worse it gets, the more they will loose in the long run. Maybe they make alot in Korea, i feel they will not be making alot more in the US.  I for one have no intention of ever putting my time and money in another NCSoft game, and i surely will never recommend one. So, financially speaking, if you don't take care of even your worse money making game, it will eventually affect your best game. In easier terms, if you're handing me a hundred dollars from your right hand, but your left hand is currently cratching around your A-hole...you can keep that hundred dollars. And i'll let people know were that other hand has been. 

Karen?

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...