Unscheduled Live Maintenance: Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Juji

8 hours ago, AndyT said:

You might not need them, my guys DO. so get better InterNet and Go with the GM Buffs ;)

GM BUFFS..  BTW I have zero Lag!

No they don't, your simple mind has been brain washed into thinking they worth porting out of your xp spot to get, you want more people to log in to give useless characters a buff to level their mentees faster? 

by your own admittance, you have 0 lag therefor deserve that much compensation.

• Like 1

I'm fed up with your server restarts in the middle of the night!

Burning my destiny and prestige pack along with time with these server exp settings...

The very least you can do is give us a heads-up so maybe I consider setting up an alarm.

Spend some real money on your hardware. Are we not paying enough to cover that?!

still have  animation delay with melee

you guys need to go back to school and relearn  what you guys forget  

for an official server  you guys do terrible job

dont you get it till you fix the stuff ppl will complain 24/7

Good morning people.
First of all I apologize for my bad English, I am using Google Translate so some phrases may not make much sense but let's try.
I see that the NcSoft team is trying to make several updates with the developer to solve this latency problem but without success until then, so I will give an explanation in my point of view and mainly, as a student of digital games and my experience in the branch of games.

Team transparency:
I see that a lot of you charge in detail what happens on the server for Juji and Hime, NcSoft is not the developer of the game, these two people are like administrators, and they cannot say what they want and how they want, they are restricted to doing this and mainly, they have to tolerate all of your rage.

Lack of user education:
I am Brazilian and in Brazil if you spoke to the staff like you do here, without a doubt, your accounts would be banned from the game, the lack of respect here is huge, charging the staff is very different from being sarcastic, mocking or even humiliate the administrators, if you are not satisfied with the services, feel free to withdraw from the game.

Why there is lag on the server:
Lineage is an old game, the data structure and the network structure is the same since the beginning, it was done in a simplistic way, which is why the servers have such a low player limit (5500 or so)
But who is it all to blame, have you ever wondered? If not, I will help you
75% players' fault 25% developer fault.
But why is it the players' fault? Why are you the ones who use the program to open more than 3 boxes, are you the ones who buy peripheral gamers to use Macro, do you know what macro is?
Each click on the floor, opening a menu or even walking with your character, this will generate requests on the server. Now you can imagine thousands of players using a macro spam system with a 10ms delay to spamar skills non-stop.
It is a lot of requests to the server and it can't handle processing all of that.
Many of you may think, if you can't take the blame, it's ncsoft's fault, but no, it's our fault, they opened youtube, from the weakest player to the strongest one, and I don't know if you know, anything macro inside game is forbidden
And this freshness now of opening several lineage windows, there are people who are 20 lineage on the same computer, seriously this update of the boxes had a good intention to help the server the newbies, but ... what brought was the strong players
logged in with 30 boxes to get the jewels and make greater, it was monopolized, I don’t even care about it, but I do care about the impact it has on the server structure

What staff can do to improve:
There are 3 points dividing the chronos and naia into 2
For a game guard that makes it impossible to open multiple boxes to fix these boxes and stores ...
Mass Ban for any player that connects to the server with more than 3 chars per mac

There are many other points, every chronos player complains about something, be it pay to win, be it lag, be it bots, be anything, but everyone there, use something to collaborate with the toxic side of the server, just try to circumvent the server to log in box, whether to use macro, or steal anything from others ingame
This is incredible
This is my personal opinion of what I see, I hope the game improves, but the worst defect of it is the community.

• Like 1

I believe the issues are related to two things. 

1. The ranking system seems to be causing an issue. I expect if it is disabled there would be a drastic performance increase. I think it would be a good test to determine if this is actually causing an issue. Then if confirmed keep it disabled until it can be rectified to bring it back.

2. The greedy chests - not themselves of course but the amount of camera accounts watching, waiting and alerts main accounts of their spawning. I expect if they were removed and those camera accounts removed we could see performance. 

I believe the lag is really caused by a number of entities in a given area throughout the map. Consider reducing the number of possible entities in a given area to see if that could help reduce the lag and improve server performance. 

The players are looking for solutions to bring back stable server performance. This issue has been on the server for quite a long time and only getting worse each day. And even with hunting events for crazy greedy chests only seems to made things much worse. How can the players be expected to pay for Density, Prestige and participate in paying events when the server is in this state? 

I think many would agree we would all rather have a stable decent performing server to play on. Please help and consider the items above for testing and improvement. 

Thanks,

Clobberstomp

• Like 1

You are telling us that you will give us compensation after all this problems with servers are solved but if Im correct these server problems (smaller or bigger) are here for months or years. But we have now XP event, some people bought Prestige and Destiny packs just for this XP event so how you will compensate this? These packs expire soon. If you give us some compensation after month (yeah VERY optimistic version of fixing all this mess) or so and you give us some consumables or whatever than there is nothing good for us if we lose XP event, Prestige, Destiny and other time restricted items. We want compensation for our $$ items we bought and which expire soon!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

Lack of user education:
I am Brazilian and in Brazil if you spoke to the staff like you do here, without a doubt, your accounts would be banned from the game, the lack of respect here is huge, charging the staff is very different from being sarcastic, mocking or even humiliate the administrators, if you are not satisfied with the services, feel free to withdraw from the game.

some good points buddy, but you seem to take a snapshot of what is going on, you discount the years of miscommunication and failure to provide adequate services while taking into account the time and real money people have spend here over 16 years. You think people started this behaviour last days? or w/o a reason? If by some miracle they decide to ban people the game would be empty in a week many many years ago.  You have any idea how many people abuse systems here and as long as the checks keep flowing nothing happens to them? hlf the economy was based in bots in the old days, all the economy is based on whales now. Who are you gonna ban? 

you are right on the last thing though which i do not understand either 

43 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

if you are not satisfied with the services, feel free to withdraw from the game.

i came back after many years off and i do not feel emotionally attached to this game anymore, i do not feel cheater (much), i feel hell of annoyed. Can you say that for some1 who's playing 15 years and has spend over 50k here?

46 minutes ago, ffs said:

some good points buddy, but you seem to take a snapshot of what is going on, you discount the years of miscommunication and failure to provide adequate services while taking into account the time and real money people have spend here over 16 years. You think people started this behaviour last days? or w/o a reason? If by some miracle they decide to ban people the game would be empty in a week many many years ago.  You have any idea how many people abuse systems here and as long as the checks keep flowing nothing happens to them? hlf the economy was based in bots in the old days, all the economy is based on whales now. Who are you gonna ban? 

you are right on the last thing though which i do not understand either 

i came back after many years off and i do not feel emotionally attached to this game anymore, i do not feel cheater (much), i feel hell of annoyed. Can you say that for some1 who's playing 15 years and has spend over 50k here?

Games have the purpose of generating fun, if you do not have fun in the game you are playing, if the lack of communication and the way it is managed do not please you, you can rather question or even criticize in a polite way, as I said it myself, but the lack of education that 90% of the people here is too much ... another thing, I didn't call you a cheater but 90% of the server is a cheater, they use bots, they use macros, they use software to open more windows besides limit.

But to conclude, if a player is not happy with something related to the game, he can put his point of view, but if the staff is not willing to "collaborate" something they are not obliged to, you are a dissatisfied player. a new game for fun.

And sorry but you are dissatisfied for 15 years and still playing? please ! Evaluate your life because it is not normal, it is not healthy ...

Remembering that I am not saying that you are wrong, I just think that the way people here complain and are dissatisfied is wrong, and the majority that complain, are the most toxic and the ones that most contribute to illegal things for the server to get worse .

16 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

Games have the purpose of generating fun, if you do not have fun in the game you are playing, if the lack of communication and the way it is managed do not please you, you can rather question or even criticize in a polite way, as I said it myself, but the lack of education that 90% of the people here is too much ... another thing, I didn't call you a cheater but 90% of the server is a cheater, they use bots, they use macros, they use software to open more windows besides limit.

But to conclude, if a player is not happy with something related to the game, he can put his point of view, but if the staff is not willing to "collaborate" something they are not obliged to, you are a dissatisfied player. a new game for fun.

And sorry but you are dissatisfied for 15 years and still playing? please ! Evaluate your life because it is not normal, it is not healthy ...

Remembering that I am not saying that you are wrong, I just think that the way people here complain and are dissatisfied is wrong, and the majority that complain, are the most toxic and the ones that most contribute to illegal things for the server to get worse .

you know when people were respectful here? back in the subscription era. Why don't you check how many of us would gladly slip back to that model? coz you know what happened back then? server was stable, events were fun and meaningful, support team got sh*t done, and gms communicated with us. on the other hand people were fewer, servers were more, and i guaranty revenue was less coz l2store got people to spend a fortune willingly. No one  forced them technically (if you exclude the systematic removal of game farming mechanics).

You think it's easy for someone to cut off a 15 year old habbit that gave him joy back in the day? not everyone can do it. It took me some time to cot it off years ago. or how about the people who spend 10-20-50k in the game? who are you to tell them to quit? they spend enough here *willingly* to buy a car or a house in certain countries. 

What people demand is a working service, having no lag is not crazy thing, especially when you PAY for it. And people did not just start being rude, they ended up being rude and condescending after months of being ignored. Even worse of being lied to. "we are looking into it" "we wait news form Korea" and somehow after every fix things got worse. 

On the players sharing the blame, sure, i can agree with that, but 75%? nop, no way. POLICE YOUR PRODUCT. SECURE YOUR PRODUCT. ENFORCE YOUR RULES FAIRLY. KEEP YOUR CLIENTS, YOUR SOURCE  OF REVENUE HAPPY. It is NC responsibility to keep the rules they make. Why you think they do not ban people? coz they are not annoyed? or are they this kind? They ban some1 from a big clan in Chronos for exploiting a bug in a siege they did not fix for months. Than clan who played thousands each month and in retaliation they all migrated to Core. You got any idea of the revenue lost? 

Dear NCsoft,

I am really hoping that you are addressing the lag issues that are affecting also those who do not experience the melee lag, for example. My clan leader is thinking about quitting as he cannot play literally, as his skills do not work anymore (Tyrr Titan).

I have  Yul (SeanP) that has never been in such lag as today, so this is getting quite frustrating for pretty much all people playing on this server. Business wise, you have to act promptly otherwise you are going to bare some losses for sure. You must have software engineers capable of beating those lag related issues please!!!

What is an XP event for?

To HARM the melee?
HARM with a maintenance of more than 12 hours?
And now an absurd delay continues to harm all melee.
Are you tired of making up so much excuse?
And now in addition to the delay, we are facing random disconnections.
When will it end?
When are you going to find someone who will really stop making excuses and solve the problem?

ok now now.. it's all a joke or someone kidding us.. 

restart server gmt+1 at 1 am for fix what??

publish events without info ( yeah becouse ncsoft decide remove trade +3 artifact from npc)

change policy unilateral ...

ok 

but.. ncsoft know what does transparency means??

or ncsoft think we must MUST open our portfolio only for loose our money for nothing...

ok they changed server.. ok but NOTHING WORK .. so i don't know what they change..

Only one they changed is mode of event .. ONLY SCAMMER EVENT without info without explanations... this is not correct becouse it is a fraudolent mode ...

for the rest i close my prestige pack becouse is a no sense play

cheers..