[Completed] Unscheduled Live Maintenance: Thursday, April 15, 2021

Hime

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Here is a list of temporary solutions we have tried in the past to address the latency issue on top of other backend optimizations, network adjustments, and hardware upgrades:

• Disabled Auto Hunting 
  • Auto-hunting targeting speed changes
  • NPC spawn times increased in Timed Hunting Zones
  • Timed Hunting Zone UI disabled
  • NPC spawn times increased in following field zones:
    • Altar of Evil
    • Pavel Ruins
    • Archaic Laboratory
    • Garden of Genesis
    • Guillotine Fortress
    • Seed of Hellfire
    • Land of Chaos
    • Plunderous Plains
  • Ranking system logic changed
  • Ranking system disabled
  • Character creation disabled
  • Restricted server capacity
  • Auto-kick for dead AFK characters logged for 60 minutes
  • Instant HP Potion logic changed
  • Attack speed logic changed for Dual Weapons

Maybe, and hear me out on this one. Maybe you have to make sure servers cannot be overrun by bots and packet injections instead of using a live server environment as your testing ground by tweaking and adjusting settings that only hurt your player base and benefit all the adena sellers.

You know bots are the reason server is having issues.  https://imgur.com/a/C07ujsh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genosha said:

Maybe, and hear me out on this one. Maybe you have to make sure servers cannot be overrun by bots and packet injections instead of using a live server environment as your testing ground by tweaking and adjusting settings that only hurt your player base and benefit all the adena sellers.

You know bots are the reason server is having issues.  https://imgur.com/a/C07ujsh

Words are,still and will be just words...........they cant lose theyr lovely whales😉

35 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

The problem is in the excessive amount of monsters and request inside your server, if you decrease about 30% of mobs and do the same in the server's capacity, make sure that the problem will be solved, it is a lot of box farming at the same time.

And then have a long queue to enter?

• Hime changed the title to [Completed] Unscheduled Live Maintenance: Thursday, April 15, 2021
40 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

The problem is in the excessive amount of monsters and request inside your server, if you decrease about 30% of mobs and do the same in the server's capacity, make sure that the problem will be solved, it is a lot of box farming at the same time.

I believe in the past they did reduce the number of mobs in areas that aren't frequented by players.  They probably could probably go further and remove all mobs from areas that aren't specifically quest related, but I suspect that alone won't address the lag.

Can Juji  do anything but slam this guy? Not acceptable people.  for NC to do all these downtime's. Im Glad I didnt buy a Rune this month. Compensation Juji? Yeah when on Christmas.. ? You keep promising and never deliver. It is not fare to the folks that pay NCsoft their hard earned cash. Get with the program. Bring back the catas also. The bot problem seems 2 not go away... He gave you legitimate questions and you got mad and sunk him...  Player appreciation award well overdo and its not just for Angel Cat or GM Buffs. You need 2 be better.

14 minutes ago, Pureknight said:

Can Juji  do anything but slam this guy? Not acceptable people.  for NC to do all these downtime's. Im Glad I didnt buy a Rune this month. Compensation Juji? Yeah when on Christmas.. ? You keep promising and never deliver. It is not fare to the folks that pay NCsoft their hard earned cash. Get with the program. Bring back the catas also. The bot problem seems 2 not go away... He gave you legitimate questions and you got mad and sunk him...  Player appreciation award well overdo and its not just for Angel Cat or GM Buffs. You need 2 be better.

catas? do you still want updates on DvD's too?

@Jujiif you have checked all those things you say you did in the past then maybe you guys should check your gear. i mean lag comes when server becomes heavy which is always... and lag comes back to normal after restart when server goes back to light. is being years with the same problem and many days now without solution.

@Juji @Hime

On naia, the lag seems fixed for melee. I will verify my swamp numbers tomorrow am and pm and report back if it's still the case. 

So far, this is the absolute smoothest I've played this game yet. Hopefully it stays like this. 

Server was very laggy at start, but seems good now. 

8 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

@Juji @Hime

On naia, the lag seems fixed for melee. I will verify my swamp numbers tomorrow am and pm and report back if it's still the case. 

So far, this is the absolute smoothest I've played this game yet. Hopefully it stays like this. 

Server was very laggy at start, but seems good now. 

Hey Hyper, u know who is me! Rsrsrs, but i think we need 48hrs to confirm melee lag gone, on sat we melees can confirm that, keep safe! Best!

• Like 1

@Hime@Juji
So i want to know a real answer about compensation, i bought prestige pack + destiny pack, + alot of cake with ncoins, sometimes i use a cake, and lag get into the way, server dc, etc, i havent been able of using everything i bought.

Maybe the compensation can be as simple as extend for 15 days the xp boost settings, and maybe put the 100% party bonus again.

1 hour ago, Adding said:

@Hime@Juji
So i want to know a real answer about compensation, i bought prestige pack + destiny pack, + alot of cake with ncoins, sometimes i use a cake, and lag get into the way, server dc, etc, i havent been able of using everything i bought.

Maybe the compensation can be as simple as extend for 15 days the xp boost settings, and maybe put the 100% party bonus again.

dude, you dont even wanna know how much some people have spent on items that went to nothing for this event.  submit a petition and they will most likely restore whatever was lost.  you just need to be polite and reference the server downtime.

5 hours ago, Genosha said:

This!👏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juji said:

We are starting to receive reports of latency coming back again. I have sent new information to the Dev team to investigate. 

Ireland , 

Use Wtfast

looks good to me and no skill delays so far ,  none clients dced . Essentially playable  :)