Jump to content
Forums

[Completed] Unscheduled Live Maintenance: Thursday, April 15, 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Here is a list of temporary solutions we have tried in the past to address the latency issue on top of other backend optimizations, network adjustments, and hardware upgrades:

  • Disabled Auto Hunting 
  • Auto-hunting targeting speed changes
  • NPC spawn times increased in Timed Hunting Zones
  • Timed Hunting Zone UI disabled
  • NPC spawn times increased in following field zones:
    • Altar of Evil
    • Pavel Ruins
    • Archaic Laboratory
    • Garden of Genesis
    • Guillotine Fortress
    • Seed of Hellfire
    • Land of Chaos
    • Plunderous Plains
  • Ranking system logic changed
  • Ranking system disabled
  • Character creation disabled
  • Restricted server capacity
  • Auto-kick for dead AFK characters logged for 60 minutes
  • Instant HP Potion logic changed
  • Attack speed logic changed for Dual Weapons

Maybe, and hear me out on this one. Maybe you have to make sure servers cannot be overrun by bots and packet injections instead of using a live server environment as your testing ground by tweaking and adjusting settings that only hurt your player base and benefit all the adena sellers.

You know bots are the reason server is having issues.  https://imgur.com/a/C07ujsh

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Everyone, We are actively working on addressing the current latency issues experienced in game. As we work on these issues, we will need to bring the servers offline. So with that, we will

We're working through all the potential places the issues could be coming from.

@Hime Would you be able to indicate your troubleshooting steps and testing by chance? What are your theories as to the issues that are causing the performance decline? Will you be testing any of the s

1 minute ago, Genosha said:

Maybe, and hear me out on this one. Maybe you have to make sure servers cannot be overrun by bots and packet injections instead of using a live server environment as your testing ground by tweaking and adjusting settings that only hurt your player base and benefit all the adena sellers.

You know bots are the reason server is having issues.  https://imgur.com/a/C07ujsh

Words are,still and will be just words...........they cant lose theyr lovely whales😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

The problem is in the excessive amount of monsters and request inside your server, if you decrease about 30% of mobs and do the same in the server's capacity, make sure that the problem will be solved, it is a lot of box farming at the same time.

And then have a long queue to enter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hime changed the title to [Completed] Unscheduled Live Maintenance: Thursday, April 15, 2021
40 minutes ago, Laykeya said:

The problem is in the excessive amount of monsters and request inside your server, if you decrease about 30% of mobs and do the same in the server's capacity, make sure that the problem will be solved, it is a lot of box farming at the same time.

I believe in the past they did reduce the number of mobs in areas that aren't frequented by players.  They probably could probably go further and remove all mobs from areas that aren't specifically quest related, but I suspect that alone won't address the lag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juji said:

Here is a list of temporary solutions we have tried in the past to address the latency issue on top of other backend optimizations, network adjustments, and hardware upgrades:

  • Disabled Auto Hunting 
  • Auto-hunting targeting speed changes
  • NPC spawn times increased in Timed Hunting Zones
  • Timed Hunting Zone UI disabled
  • NPC spawn times increased in following field zones:
    • Altar of Evil
    • Pavel Ruins
    • Archaic Laboratory
    • Garden of Genesis
    • Guillotine Fortress
    • Seed of Hellfire
    • Land of Chaos
    • Plunderous Plains
  • Ranking system logic changed
  • Ranking system disabled
  • Character creation disabled
  • Restricted server capacity
  • Auto-kick for dead AFK characters logged for 60 minutes
  • Instant HP Potion logic changed
  • Attack speed logic changed for Dual Weapons

must be more than 2 thousand characters that are only to look for greedy boxes, why don't only respawn in spots where there are people doing xp, that would reduce the population of the server by 50%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Juji  do anything but slam this guy? Not acceptable people.  for NC to do all these downtime's. Im Glad I didnt buy a Rune this month. Compensation Juji? Yeah when on Christmas.. ? You keep promising and never deliver. It is not fare to the folks that pay NCsoft their hard earned cash. Get with the program. Bring back the catas also. The bot problem seems 2 not go away... He gave you legitimate questions and you got mad and sunk him...  Player appreciation award well overdo and its not just for Angel Cat or GM Buffs. You need 2 be better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pureknight said:

Can Juji  do anything but slam this guy? Not acceptable people.  for NC to do all these downtime's. Im Glad I didnt buy a Rune this month. Compensation Juji? Yeah when on Christmas.. ? You keep promising and never deliver. It is not fare to the folks that pay NCsoft their hard earned cash. Get with the program. Bring back the catas also. The bot problem seems 2 not go away... He gave you legitimate questions and you got mad and sunk him...  Player appreciation award well overdo and its not just for Angel Cat or GM Buffs. You need 2 be better.

catas? do you still want updates on DvD's too?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jujiif you have checked all those things you say you did in the past then maybe you guys should check your gear. i mean lag comes when server becomes heavy which is always... and lag comes back to normal after restart when server goes back to light. is being years with the same problem and many days now without solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Juji @Hime

On naia, the lag seems fixed for melee. I will verify my swamp numbers tomorrow am and pm and report back if it's still the case. 

 

So far, this is the absolute smoothest I've played this game yet. Hopefully it stays like this. 

 

Server was very laggy at start, but seems good now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

@Juji @Hime

On naia, the lag seems fixed for melee. I will verify my swamp numbers tomorrow am and pm and report back if it's still the case. 

 

So far, this is the absolute smoothest I've played this game yet. Hopefully it stays like this. 

 

Server was very laggy at start, but seems good now. 

Hey Hyper, u know who is me! Rsrsrs, but i think we need 48hrs to confirm melee lag gone, on sat we melees can confirm that, keep safe! Best!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrossEyedMary said:

Hey Hyper, u know who is me! Rsrsrs, but i think we need 48hrs to confirm melee lag gone, on sat we melees can confirm that, keep safe! Best!

i 100% agree.  i want to see the next few days too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hime and @JujiDoes Korea have these issues? Would it possible to implement whatever it is they are doing to fix some of these issues perhaps? Can they guide us to solve some of these issues that seem to plague the NA servers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hime@Juji
So i want to know a real answer about compensation, i bought prestige pack + destiny pack, + alot of cake with ncoins, sometimes i use a cake, and lag get into the way, server dc, etc, i havent been able of using everything i bought.

Maybe the compensation can be as simple as extend for 15 days the xp boost settings, and maybe put the 100% party bonus again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adding said:

@Hime@Juji
So i want to know a real answer about compensation, i bought prestige pack + destiny pack, + alot of cake with ncoins, sometimes i use a cake, and lag get into the way, server dc, etc, i havent been able of using everything i bought.

Maybe the compensation can be as simple as extend for 15 days the xp boost settings, and maybe put the 100% party bonus again.

dude, you dont even wanna know how much some people have spent on items that went to nothing for this event.  submit a petition and they will most likely restore whatever was lost.  you just need to be polite and reference the server downtime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PUNCHnPIE said:

there are no bots in this game anymore. automation is integrated into the game now.

Either you're trolling or don't know the definition.🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Genosha said:

Maybe, and hear me out on this one. Maybe you have to make sure servers cannot be overrun by bots and packet injections instead of using a live server environment as your testing ground by tweaking and adjusting settings that only hurt your player base and benefit all the adena sellers.

You know bots are the reason server is having issues.  https://imgur.com/a/C07ujsh

This!👏

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • L2 Team

We are starting to receive reports of latency coming back again. I have sent new information to the Dev team to investigate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Juji said:

These hunting zone changes were done back in 2019.

Guys maybe ask Korean dev how they setup function servers unless is different company under franchise they could help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juji said:

We are starting to receive reports of latency coming back again. I have sent new information to the Dev team to investigate. 

Ireland , 

Use Wtfast

looks good to me and no skill delays so far ,  none clients dced . Essentially playable  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hime unpinned this topic

×
×
  • Create New...