Forums

Othell Adventurer VS Othell Ghost Hunter

hello friends!

do you think that the +50% front damage that the adventurer has as passive skill is better for auto hunting than the ghost hunter's +10% critical damage boost?

if mobs are just 1-2 shot then i think that the ghost hunter is the only way..

16 hours ago, IvanDragunov said:

hello friends!

do you think that the +50% front damage that the adventurer has as passive skill is better for auto hunting than the ghost hunter's +10% critical damage boost?

if mobs are just 1-2 shot then i think that the ghost hunter is the only way..

I think an othell spoiler does from facing dmg better with self pom and plunder.

All othells will 1 shot pve mobs solo with the correct gear. In afk macro, even a ghost hunter will 1 shot from the front with Heartbreaker, chain blow and shadow reverse will 1 shot from the back (stabbing the front). 

I'm surprised you aren't considering wind rider. It's 2 special stabs always get the flank bonus and reset their cool downs. It dishes out dmg fast.

My biggest gripe on adventurer is the front facing bonus. You will still use shadow chase to move, and still utilize the back. In practice, the adventurer is the worst dagger imo. You don't need mp, and the front facing bonus is weak compared to the flank bonus of a wr, rear bonus of a gh and/or self pom and forward bonus of spoiler. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I am a 116 Adventurer and I solo xp 95% of the time and would like to add my experience since I spend a lot of time optimizing my hunting.

Approximately 50% of my solo mob kills are not after shadow chase due to its cooldown or if I am very close to the next mob. (Note, I am pretty much maxed out on cooldown reduction.) Those non-shadow chase stabs are not from the rear most of the time obviously because the mobs don't always spawn with their backs to me. (For that reason, I don't even use backstab in my macro when soloing. Reverse Mana resets the other stab cooldowns improving this. I don't think ghost hunters or spoilers get this stab reset ability.) With my current damage, the level 118 mobs at wastelands usually still die in one hit, front or back. However, it's close from the front. If I were a ghost hunter, the lesser front damage would ensure that I not 1-shot the mobs from the front.

So, if conditions are right, an adventurer will kill faster. This may apply to spoilers too but I don't think they have the stab cooldown reset from reverse mana that adventurers have. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Note, if I had Hyperlite's level of gear I would probably one shot these mobs from the front anyway and there is no higher level soloing zone. DV doesn't count, even Hyperlite can't hunt there efficiently. Therefore, ghost hunters are faster if you geared enough to 1-shot everything at the highest level. However, most people aren't so I think it's valid.

TLDR - If you one shot everything from the front or back, ghost hunters are definitely the fastest killers. If you don't one shot everything from the front as a ghost hunter, adventurers or spoilers may be faster because not all stabs are from behind when soloing. In a party, ghost hunters should be the best regardless since most stabs should be from behind.

please do not forget.  the ghost hunter has +35% front dmg boost.  Shadow hunter gives a raw +65% patk crit dmg boost before the -30% to the front.

Also, when you consider the different daggers, you have to consider how their special skilsl behave.  Shadow Reverse of the GH will always perform a max dmg back stab when the mob is attacking/targeting you.  A WR's side step is the same way.  You have to have the mob facing you or agro on you to have their skills work properly.

An adventurer, after considering how the special stabs work, always performs less as good as the GH and Spolier.

Also, the 30% pve dmg on spoiler really puts it above all other daggers in pve.  Couple that with the head/tails buff and its pretty crazy strong in the dmg it can put out in a front facing siutuation.  All of its boosts still apply in the absence of a vital spot attack, and substantially more than the 50% the adv gets. (pve dmg +30%, patk +30%, patk crit dmg +20%, p skill crit dmg +20% - all at once)

patk % = crit dmg % = skill crit dmg % = p skill power % = dmg % increase on target.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

please do not forget.  the ghost hunter has +35% front dmg boost.  Shadow hunter gives a raw +65% patk crit dmg boost before the -30% to the front.

Also, when you consider the different daggers, you have to consider how their special skilsl behave.  Shadow Reverse of the GH will always perform a max dmg back stab when the mob is attacking/targeting you.  A WR's side step is the same way.  You have to have the mob facing you or agro on you to have their skills work properly.

An adventurer, after considering how the special stabs work, always performs less as good as the GH and Spolier.

Also, the 30% pve dmg on spoiler really puts it above all other daggers in pve.  Couple that with the head/tails buff and its pretty crazy strong in the dmg it can put out in a front facing siutuation.  All of its boosts still apply in the absence of a vital spot attack, and substantially more than the 50% the adv gets. (pve dmg +30%, patk +30%, patk crit dmg +20%, p skill crit dmg +20% - all at once)

patk % = crit dmg % = skill crit dmg % = p skill power % = dmg % increase on target.

I just tested Shadow Hunter. The 65% patk crit damage boost only applies from the rear. 67k damage to a mob from the front with Shadow Hunter and 83k damage without.

When soloing, Shadow Reverse will be your first attack quite often because it is a short blink (assuming you use a kbm). Not great for soloing or parties. 

I agree that a spoiler will perform better than an adventurer since spoilers do more damage from all directions in PVE. However, I still disagree that a Ghost Hunter will always perform better than an adventurer. At least in my case. Per my calculations of the damage bonuses, an adventurer's damage will almost double a ghost hunter's from the front.

Another thing to consider for ghost hunters is that they have three jumps: shadow chase, grim reaper possession (20s+ cooldown with 5 second double damage), and shadow reverse (short blink but still effective). The other classes only have shadow chase. 

16 minutes ago, Joebob said:

I just tested Shadow Hunter. The 65% patk crit damage boost only applies from the rear. 67k damage to a mob from the front with Shadow Hunter and 83k damage without.

When soloing, Shadow Reverse will be your first attack quite often because it is a short blink (assuming you use a kbm). Not great for soloing or parties. 

I agree that a spoiler will perform better than an adventurer since spoilers do more damage from all directions in PVE. However, I still disagree that a Ghost Hunter will always perform better than an adventurer. At least in my case. Per my calculations of the damage bonuses, an adventurer's damage will almost double a ghost hunter's from the front.

Another thing to consider for ghost hunters is that they have three jumps: shadow chase, grim reaper possession (20s+ cooldown with 5 second double damage), and shadow reverse (short blink but still effective). The other classes only have shadow chase. 

i will test the front dmg of shadow hunter later tonight.  i went off tooltip alone.

also, to your point on the 3 jumps.  grim reaper is one of the main reasons i like the GH.  it eliminates range the best of the 3 daggers.