Since when did NC remove the ability to put appearance on weapons?

Someone today wanted to offer to buy my blunt with Basalt Battlehammer appearance.   I was trying to explain how he can do it himself and I checked NC Store and wa la!  only armor appearance exists.  

WTH!!

When did the option to put appearance on weapons got removed?  I haven't done one in years so it could have been years ago it got removed for all I know.

1 minute ago, GhostintheShell said:

@Jujiwhat is the thought process behind removing the age long running feature of putting appearance on weapons?  I know the ones that has already been done still exists but what's the reason?  I cannot think of a single reason why this is removed.

It didn't make sense to me either.  I could understand if they removed all weapon modifications, but like you said, there are still plenty of weapons out there that still have their mods. Something doesn't add up.

• Like 1

Juji

• Producer
  • Juji
  • L2 Team
  • NC-Logo-Primary-600.png.61aa252621e534e9
  • 1,203 posts

I mentioned this several times on the forum and we have gone to the Dev team requesting to add them back in any capacity, but cannot for the same technical issues.

My last response regarding the appearance stones was on July 29th:

"We cannot sell or distribute these weapon appearance items anymore on Live because of technical issues the main Dev team encountered with the appearance stones, enchant effects, and augmentations that cannot be easily resolved."
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/19172-token-based-restoration-weapon-modify-red-libra/?do=findComment&comment=129991

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It had something tondo with the collection book if I remember correctly. My guess is a weapon that meets the collection book requirement of enchant can't be added if it's appearance is modified.

No clue if true, but it's the only thing that even remotely makes sense. 

22 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

It had something tondo with the collection book if I remember correctly. My guess is a weapon that meets the collection book requirement of enchant can't be added if it's appearance is modified.

No clue if true, but it's the only thing that even remotely makes sense. 

except that ya could easily remove the app,  I think it got too hard to start adding flames and whatnot to the older weapons that no 1 uses so they took the easy way out and made it so they don't have to.  that's my guess