Parties/Groups

Hellbender

Details...

1.-For any kind of drop (adena, quest, items in general that use any slot of your inventory) you have to be in near range with party

2.-Exlated quest items are... well... items so read point 1.-

3.- EXP

a) One thing is EXP given by killing mobs

b) Party bonus EXP is a diferent thing

Let's say a mob gives 100 EXP if you kill such mob alone

If you are in a party when killing the mob, and the other members of the party are near range, the mob will give 100 + a party bonus exp (for example +20) = 120 EXP divided by equal between all party members NEAR RANGE, so if your party is made by you and 1 more ppl, those 120 are divided by 2, so 60 each one

BUT

If the other person is not in range (is in the city for example), then you, the killer of the poor mob, will gain the 100  (mob exp) + 20 (party bonus exp) = 120 EXP only for you, as the person left in the city will gain 0 (zero) EXP

AND

If you are murdering that poor mob in one place, and at the same time you are in party with other person who is killing another different mob in a galaxy far far away... just for being in party and faaaaaaaaaar away, you will get the 100 EXP of your mob + 20 bonus exp for being in party, and your party member will get 100 EXP of his/her mob + 20 for being in party, in these case both of you will get 120 EXP for killing poor mobs  in separate locations...

SO

You gain 100 EXP for killing a mob in solo , 60 EXP for killing in party with people in range and 120 for killing in party out of range (this is the so called distant party)

Regards

• Thanks 1

That might have changed though with the update this week.  As they added a line to update:

• Fixed an issue where the effects of the Drop Rate Rune and Prestige Rune would still apply to party members who were outside the normal range (more than 1000 in distance) from the NPC location.

Not sure how that effect us as party bonus is usually an event thing.  I think it has only to do with drops but not 100% sure.

10 hours ago, Slycutter said:

That might have changed though with the update this week.  As they added a line to update:

• Fixed an issue where the effects of the Drop Rate Rune and Prestige Rune would still apply to party members who were outside the normal range (more than 1000 in distance) from the NPC location.

Not sure how that effect us as party bonus is usually an event thing.  I think it has only to do with drops but not 100% sure.

Prestige and drop runes works in a manner that all party members must have them to reap the benefits.

On the xp event, I stick a lvl 110 char with prestige in town, then I go to farm toi in the duo, but truly as a solo. I get the bonus xp of the server setting applied in solo while also getting full benefits of prestige and drop runes.

Im guessing the change affects our ability to do this.