Forums

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Hime

Normal People: we want a fixed solution to keep Greedy Chest and not abusables by Bot Users.

People who dont understand nothing makes a post like that:

12 minutes ago, socketka said:

People: we want way of farm top items in game

ncsoft: make greedy chests

People: QQ only top bots farm QQ

ncsoft: remove greedy chests

People: you removed greedy chests now prices are high QQ

No hope.

• Thanks 2

@Juji @Hime

Care to explain why to remove the greedy treasure chests? For sure it's not about the lag, we have been dealing with lag for 2 years and greedy was introduced somewhere in December2020/January2021 or something.

So I believe we deserve some kind of explanation.

My opinion regarding the greedy chests: Delevel the cheaters -10 levels instead of banning them, this way you'll hurt them but not to the point that they will stop playing/spending money in the game.

If they keep doing that, keep hurting them (2nd time delevel -20, and so on) to the point they will stop. Not everything is resolved with instant ban 😀😀

5 minutes ago, McFlurry said:

Normal People: we want a fixed solution to keep Greedy Chest and not abusables by Bot Users.

No hope.

i realy don;t get what you complain about, you are both right. @socketkais pretty accurate in describing what is happening. 

The good thing about greedy boxes is they injected new  items in the servers every few hours, that's fair enough. BUT, noone complains that no new +++ sets or pve weapons were produced anymore by any1, you tell me why. Also there is no other way to get gems ingame. 

Now, although new items were injected who is gonna argue that the literal army of cameras all around the map adding "population" to the servers did not contribute to lag and que? Also how does not suspect that 2-5 people control all or most of the box kills in each server thus controlling the prices? how much did prices drop? and was it through competition or just saturation and people not buying the gems at certain prices?

Lastly 

• We have temporarily removed the Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs from all hunting zones until further notice

But i guess you all want the solution you imagine right now don't you?

16 minutes ago, McFlurry said:

No hope.

everything is abusable, you must be new in l2.

2 minutes ago, ffs said:

Also there is no other way to get gems ingame. 

they drop from raid bosses with low chance. but people dont know this so see above post, QQ more

I have not heard any of my clan member complain about melee lag in the past 2 weeks. So the removal of Greedy Chests is really not a fix to the problem.

I think the problem is still that people using bot programs are not being punished (hard) enough. GM and support staff can track every single trade and adena movement. So they know that bot ddsdufuds0f8sd sends 100m to player Z. Sort the bots out, frees up server, creates less lag.

Also as I have mentioned before, the Greedy Chest cameras are less of a problem than all the (dead) pets on every single hunting ground used for crazy dodgy macros. Archers having alts placed everywhere with dead pets they target and dash to to control two groups on Isle of Souls or whole fields on Storm Isle. Dead pets being used by players with buff alts to run far enough out of range to not share exp with. (Dead) Pets are  probably causing the same amount of lag as sitting on the ground, not buffing, not looting, not gaining exp, cameras. If idle characters would cause lag, than Juji should create a script that will auto log off anyone with /buy /vendor shop in Aden/Giran.

The Greedy Chests have to come back as soon as possible. Not because I am one of the people farming them, but the Greedy Chests supply the market with lv5 jewels. We now all see the effect of having greater level Jewels thanks tot he 17th Anniversary. But for 95-97% of the server having even just 1 level 5 jewel is out of any range. Why? Because they're promotion restriction. They are behind a paywall and they have crazy low enchant rates. While in other regions brooch jewels are always permanent available (EU has them in L2Store, KR has had them on Mammom/NPC). We all know that the Blessed Exalted Armor pack (awesome value for money!) introduction is an attempt to balance the playing field out. But armor/weapon/SA and some jewels doesn't really do the damage increase. The damage comes from brooch jewels and artifacts. And while artifacts are also a pain to enchant, their success rates are way higher and at least always obtainable (Artifact Crystals from Venusta and Field of Crisis boxes). @JujiPlease reintroduce the Greedy Chests asap. But make them spawn in mob packs so everybody has a shot, or make them random drop (not 1/1000million) like Aden Treasure Chests. But do not remove them! Also discuss with your Korean boss if it's possible to add Brooch Jewels permanent to in game shop so prices drop and availability go up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ffs said:

i realy don;t get what you complain about, you are both right. @socketkais pretty accurate in describing what is happening. 

The good thing about greedy boxes is they injected new  items in the servers every few hours, that's fair enough. BUT, noone complains that no new +++ sets or pve weapons were produced anymore by any1, you tell me why. Also there is no other way to get gems ingame. 

Now, although new items were injected who is gonna argue that the literal army of cameras all around the map adding "population" to the servers did not contribute to lag and que? Also how does not suspect that 2-5 people control all or most of the box kills in each server thus controlling the prices? how much did prices drop? and was it through competition or just saturation and people not buying the gems at certain prices?

Lastly 

• We have temporarily removed the Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs from all hunting zones until further notice

But i guess you all want the solution you imagine right now don't you?

bro, do u understand what means Ncwest's "temporarily" till they fix the situation?

do u have experience  to know this "temporarily" here?

i dont want even lag and queue im saying only that all staff can do here is remove remove and remove instead to find a solution, and server is still in Paulina than other regions comparison.

Hello Juji,

I see you try to fix this problem with greedy chests. But removing the system is not a fix, this is deleting a content. Try revamp this, as many ppl already said - chest appear only when mob is killed. Also check other regions . How they fixed this, why there is no problem there...? I can tell you why, they just flood the server with these jewels, so everyone can buy it... 
For example ruby 5 in CORE was like 25b !!! 
Also give us opportunity to buy what jewel we want from Night Market shop. As all other regions did, not this random crap!

Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lego said:

The chance will be somewhere @ 0.0000009% to get a ruby/ red cat eye  5 i guess :D

Do not gamble? Use the ncoin to buy actual items that will boost your character, farm adena and buy w,e you need? maybe? but no, you have to cry about everything, just cuz things are not going your way! The vast majority of games have this system, go play tetris instead!

10 hours ago, Hime said:

• We have temporarily removed the Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs from all hunting zones until further notice.

This is rly great news! We all know that many bots and players with top equipment were farming it so mby now we will have different system and everyone will get chance to get some nice jewels + for that!

You all fail to see the actual issue! its like you cant even think straight or something. Greedy chests are actual game content, bad idea to remove. The loaded servers was partially related to the XP event, the real issue was the Stone of destiny, leveling a character and being able to make it any class! that was the issue.

The last time this happened was in 2011 when L2 went F2P in GoD, this just saved 4k ncoin/per character to a lot of people even Chaos Essences, you can now make Dwarf nuker or Iss or Tank. On top of that they added the Blessed exalted sets which players can now add to these alt accounts and have them farm! 

The only bad thing here, is the timing!

We need to face up to the fundamental problem here.

NCSOFT have the admin tools to track/check who is using BOT program.

But does NCSOFT have the manpower and resources to check everyone.

Does NCSOFT want to employ a few more Gamemaster to do this?

Seriously I dun think so, NCSOFT not going to spend more operation cost on this game.

And forget about the Anti-Bot program integrated into this game.. Does it work? NO.........

You see so many players logging in the BOTS running together and in a sync ways.

4 minutes ago, Uriel said:

This is rly great news! We all know that many bots and players with top equipment were farming it so mby now we will have different system and everyone will get chance to get some nice jewels + for that!

Are you looking for a "happily ever after" in L2? Why on earth would a player with no gear, have the same chances to get something good with a player that has top gear? This right there will literally overload the servers with undergeared toons that farm in everyspot just for a chance to get something good!

3 hours ago, XJY said:

We need to face up to the fundamental problem here.

NCSOFT have the admin tools to track/check who is using BOT program.

But does NCSOFT have the manpower and resources to check everyone.

Does NCSOFT want to employ a few more Gamemaster to do this?

Seriously I dun think so, NCSOFT not going to spend more operation cost on this game.

And forget about the Anti-Bot program integrated into this game.. Does it work? NO.........

You see so many players logging in the BOTS running together and in a sync ways.

This is actually a legitimate question! 

8 hours ago, Healingbewbs said:

Never really needed them. In fact the event top grades themselves don't really too much so I guess the devs saved me a pile by abandoning the class lol.

(But I guess the reality is I've probably reached or am reaching the upper limits of what Summoners can do solo. Change is looming 😐).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3zltGZHis

@DihaniaThanks for the Exalted buff 😄.

I have never in my life seen so much gear wasted! Kudos for your gear but use the red libra to your advantage.

10 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

I see most of you saying this is great and all... They just removed one more farmable content. You are being screwed. They are not going to revamp the system, this is a measure to "control" the issue that they had this week for chronos. (queue list) Funny part of it it would be solved tomorrow with the end of the XP event.

Enjoy the increase in prices for lv5 jewels! I already got mine. Good luck with all of you that didn't.

Farmable content for 5-10 ppl lol.

3 hours ago, ShakeItBaby said:

Problem is that admins Listen to minority of playerbase who obviously just login, use auto-hunt and go afk 13hours and expect to get a greedy chest.
Ofc if NC Ban these box-cameras and allow 3client limit FOR ALL PLAYERS... Hunting will have to be active, or those with 2-3 CPU will have advantage but still can't cover 15maps like they do now.
Soo what about people who tried active to kill chests now ? How is removing chests any good when people got over 100jewels in warehouse and going to dominate AH ?
You pathetic kids don't even know the basics of game and cry about smthing you "never see"
Ofc you never see it because its available after every restart FOR ALL PLAYERS, so unless if you are a MONGOLOID you would already see at least once during the past 5months.
Now even this chance after server restart is gone,because of 10-15 crybabies who play L2 in afk mode and expect to get items by it.
Then goes to forums and say "Ohhhhh very nice change you remove Greedy yayyy"
If you had 0.0000001% chance to get equipped with something now you have 0.000000% IMBECILE

No its not the minority, the minority are the people that actually farm them with exploits and skirting the rules.

I have been lucky enough to see 6 of them spawn, killed 2, 1 got a greater rune, 1 got a shilien crystal box.   Other 4 I was pked by someone who ported out of no where (and it was way out of way no near a port each time). 

People who farmed the stuff were not helping the server they were hoarding everything they collected.  Jewels are still expensive for 90% of the server to afford.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

The removable of the chest won't have the effect you think it will have in Lags. (you will probably will have a more stable server tomorrow BECAUSE the XP event is over so no more people XPing insanely like before)

Jewels on L2Store? Yes, you will have them tomorrow... a random pack for "cheapzys"!

Good you happy.

The end of xp event will finish the queue. What about all the dc i have been having after introduction of the chests?? Probably will be solved. Ill let you know in a day or two. Regarding jewels on l2 store,go to core and take a look at the "einhased coins" its there for over a month now. We will be getting this update anytime now. So simple math for you bro: ruby 5= 28k einhased wich cost about 80€. 80€ is 6400ncoin, 1ncoin selling arround 4m= 25.6b. 

So a ruby 5 for 25b-/+ on store you still think prices will go up?? 🤦‍♂️

And for the market/jewel controlers once this update comes out all the stoked lvl 5 jewels value will just crash down. 

I dont have any lvl 5jewel so for now i dont care if its cheap or expensive. I just want to enjoy the game and not have random dcs all day several times a day. 

51 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Other 4 I was pked by someone who ported out of no where (and it was way out of way no near a port each time). 

the toon jumped on his camera and killed you! nothing fancy here!

I'll believe the 25b for level 5 ruby when i see it.  look at our promo now, they selling longing for like 13b, why would  i believe they will not change our prices?   $600 for a brooch upgrade is insane

10 minutes ago, Connex said:

the toon jumped on his camera and killed you! nothing fancy here!

man you really seem buthurt about a temporary change. What happened? did that cut off your bot farm or smthng?