Forums

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Hime

2 hours ago, Alchohealer said:

My isp is fine as my connection too everyone complains around Europe how whole Europe got the same problem? Even not that much how is possible whole greece have a problem? We got like 5-6 different companies of internet why all of the losing connection? Dosnt make sense i get dc but i can play csgo online fine ips etc are working perfectly and yeah ofc when a bug happens they wait next maintenance to fix it they are lazy af never seen company like them worst than worst worry but they full of scum they gave jewels 30days free yeah okay and now they give us lag amd trying to kick us out dont worry i know where is the exit byee

Bro, sorry to be like this, but I get 0 DC's per week and use fiber internet too.

It is NOT affecting everyone, so stop generalizing and focus on your individual problem.

1 hour ago, Alchohealer said:

Rumors says that if you have optical fiber its really hard to lose connection but who can explain that? I never lose connection. Verification codes been 4 months so its bit impossible to be my company fault either my machine fault makes sense ncsoft fault thats why they gonna upgrade the routine of server next time read it more carefully or before you read the maintenance have a meal seems you are hungry and eating words hahahaha.... Funny right?..... As you can see they are upgrading so they know the problem so your ideas are totally..... Wrong have fun anyway i am out of this zoo like i said i am only here for some drama and shut some mouths 

there are 2 versions of "optcal fiber" in greece, one is the newset one "fiber to the wall" where the company will replace your old copper wiring with an actual optical fiber cable, they will also provide you with better equipment and then there is the "optical fiber up to the entrance of your house/building w.e", where copper wiring is included and that makes it really hard for data conversion. I am web developer not a network engineer so I might not be fully aware of this but you can compare the 2nd version to a highway road going from 4 lanes to 1, the 4 lanes are the optical fiber, where 1 is your old copper wiring. This creates a bottleneck for the data/game packets and creates the disconnects.

I am from greece and I can tell you that 99% of the times it is the ISP or some issue casued by the old infrastructure we have in greece.

p.s. I have not had a single disconnect so far.
p.s.2. I have 100mbps fiber to the wall.
p.s.3. I know most if you don't care, but these comments are funny AF...
p.s.4. stop asking for compensation for everything that happens ingame

Lastly, do not forget that all companies use VoIP nowadays which makes it even harder to detect anomalies that would affect you, for those that are not fully aware, the took the old regular telecommunication lines which were 1:1 line per house, and divided them to VoIP which was 1:5 1 line for 5 houses. This division is also something that can be a factor in your disconnects, the reason behing it is rather simple, lets say that each phone line can be divided into 5 VoIP numbers/connections, we are in Greece, in the name of profit they are split into 10  VoIP numbers/connections instead.

I know most of you want to believe that it is NCsofts problem and up to some point it could be, but for those who are located in Greece, we have no infrastructure to support fast internet connections. About 2 years ago the Phone companies got EU funding for fast internet, which means that you can get a proper intenrnet connection with good and stable speed, you can check with your zipcode and address in sfbb.gr (stands for superfast broadband).

Thank me or do not thank me, here are the facts!

Oh boy last week all the people was cheering cause they took GM buffs and some scrolls

Where are these people now? They still think that everything is ok? 

Where is "good job" "you guys rock" "ncsoft is the best"

Little rats with a piece of cheese cheering and give wrong feedback.

They dont see the big picture

Enchant rates are rediculus why? because some players (3 or 4) have  luc 140+ the enchant rate whent down for all

To put lvl 9 attribute to a weapon you need 3 bil adenas. Just tell me a 110 lvl player how can farm 3 bil adenas just to put attribute on his weapon

NPC ask for billions of adenas to buy somtheing or even to change a weapon now on red libra WHY? Because 10-20 people with hight gear can make 5 bil per day... what about middle class players that dont have $$ to spent and buy them? They have to be all their lifes 10 steps back and not even afford to buy a greater jewel 

You farming at ketra and getting 100 milion in 24hours non stop.

Greedy Chests the problem of the botters and the problem of all players.........  My opinionthey should put back the chest but not like that. Chestt shou be spawned after you kill mobs or as a drop of mobs . The ites that these chest have are helping the economy overall so all playes should have a chance on them and dont let people withh bots to take advandage

WHERE ARE THE ACTIVE GMs IN GAME? to check for bots and solve problems? GMs are not to give buffs are to solve problems and report daily to dev team problems and suggest fixes

PK system just sucks. Why you guys took off the drop items? PK must be hard to burn and if you get killed you should drop items like old days. YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO PK LOW PLAYERS WITH YOUR TOP ITEMS??? HAVE THE BALLS TO ACCEPT ITEMLOSS

Just some of my poor thoughts

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Miharrior said:

Im close to 116, and have pretty much all gems. But I really dont care if items gets expensive. All I want is to play decent. In Romania, Europe I had absolutely 0 lag and 0 dc last week. 

And because you manage to get all your gems at a fair price, we the  others have to pay a ton to be able to raise above 110... that's selfishness at its best.

NCSoft made the best move to introduce those Greedy chests showing real interest for the mid-low player's progress on the game, well done for that!

@Juji Please find a way to bring back those Chests we all really need them and punish those Greedy camera owners, if they want Chest they have to earn it!

16 minutes ago, Marley said:

And because you manage to get all your gems at a fair price, we the  others have to pay a ton to be able to raise above 110... that's selfishness at its best.

NCSoft made the best move to introduce those Greedy chests showing real interest for the mid-low player's progress on the game, well done for that!

@Juji Please find a way to bring back those Chests we all really need them and punish those Greedy camera owners, if they want Chest they have to earn it!

Lol why im selfish ? Because I dont care about greedy chests ? You think you benefit from that... but u dont. Greedy are manipulated by some ppl, and prices are already very big. 
i agree to drop that chest random on mobs, not with 999 cameras and stuff. 

hi guys
   I don't think your login and connection problems are the fault of NCsoft. I live in Norway, I don't have any problems with logging in and I only have lag occasionally but I blame my computer for it. It lags when windows sends something in the background or does an update, and I am not part of an honorable donor group, to make me feel privileged.

regards

15 minutes ago, Miharrior said:

Lol why im selfish ? Because I dont care about greedy chests ? You think you benefit from that... but u dont. Greedy are manipulated by some ppl, and prices are already very big. 
i agree to drop that chest random on mobs, not with 999 cameras and stuff. 

You already said you pretty much have all gems, and you don't care about others..Yes we all benefit from that! How? check the prices of jewels right now..for example obsidian lv5 was 4.5-5b's on Naia AH before they removed the chests..Now? Just 45b's . . . 🤯

Ok, it might need a different approach on how Chests spawn, but even like that they helped all of us..

It might be the best option to have a GM active in-game, all problems could be solved that way..

I can apply for the position! 😇 Voluntarily!

1 hour ago, Connex said:

there are 2 versions of "optcal fiber" in greece, one is the newset one "fiber to the wall" where the company will replace your old copper wiring with an actual optical fiber cable, they will also provide you with better equipment and then there is the "optical fiber up to the entrance of your house/building w.e", where copper wiring is included and that makes it really hard for data conversion. I am web developer not a network engineer so I might not be fully aware of this but you can compare the 2nd version to a highway road going from 4 lanes to 1, the 4 lanes are the optical fiber, where 1 is your old copper wiring. This creates a bottleneck for the data/game packets and creates the disconnects.

I am from greece and I can tell you that 99% of the times it is the ISP or some issue casued by the old infrastructure we have in greece.

Lastly, do not forget that all companies use VoIP nowadays which makes it even harder to detect anomalies that would affect you, for those that are not fully aware, the took the old regular telecommunication lines which were 1:1 line per house, and divided them to VoIP which was 1:5 1 line for 5 houses. This division is also something that can be a factor in your disconnects, the reason behing it is rather simple, lets say that each phone line can be divided into 5 VoIP numbers/connections, we are in Greece, in the name of profit they are split into 10  VoIP numbers/connections instead.

I know most of you want to believe that it is NCsofts problem and up to some point it could be, but for those who are located in Greece, we have no infrastructure to support fast internet connections. About 2 years ago the Phone companies got EU funding for fast internet, which means that you can get a proper intenrnet connection with good and stable speed, you can check with your zipcode and address in sfbb.gr (stands for superfast broadband).

I have the optical fiber to the wall and upgraded equipment. Every morning for the past few days around 10 am GMT +3 I get major lags and dcs. Checked the internet speed, it was fine. No dc on that other more popular game with orcs and high elves either. Yes, infrastructure and ISPs in Greece suck, but that ain't it in this case.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Catlord said:

I have the optical fiber to the wall and upgraded equipment. Every morning for the past few days around 10 am GMT +3 I get major lags and dcs. Checked the internet speed, it was fine. No dc on that other more popular game with orcs and high elves either. Yes, infrastructure and ISPs in Greece suck, but that ain't it in this case.

You are not connected directly to game server, even tho you have fiber.
Signal goes throu many countries and many companies, there are alot of things on the way that might screw up you connetion quality.

1 hour ago, INDRIAL said:

Oh boy last week all the people was cheering cause they took GM buffs and some scrolls

Where are these people now? They still think that everything is ok? 

Where is "good job" "you guys rock" "ncsoft is the best"

Little rats with a piece of cheese cheering and give wrong feedback.

They dont see the big picture

Enchant rates are rediculus why? because some players (3 or 4) have  luc 140+ the enchant rate whent down for all

To put lvl 9 attribute to a weapon you need 3 bil adenas. Just tell me a 110 lvl player how can farm 3 bil adenas just to put attribute on his weapon

NPC ask for billions of adenas to buy somtheing or even to change a weapon now on red libra WHY? Because 10-20 people with hight gear can make 5 bil per day... what about middle class players that dont have $$ to spent and buy them? They have to be all their lifes 10 steps back and not even afford to buy a greater jewel 

You farming at ketra and getting 100 milion in 24hours non stop.

Greedy Chests the problem of the botters and the problem of all players.........  My opinionthey should put back the chest but not like that. Chestt shou be spawned after you kill mobs or as a drop of mobs . The ites that these chest have are helping the economy overall so all playes should have a chance on them and dont let people withh bots to take advandage

WHERE ARE THE ACTIVE GMs IN GAME? to check for bots and solve problems? GMs are not to give buffs are to solve problems and report daily to dev team problems and suggest fixes

PK system just sucks. Why you guys took off the drop items? PK must be hard to burn and if you get killed you should drop items like old days. YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO PK LOW PLAYERS WITH YOUR TOP ITEMS??? HAVE THE BALLS TO ACCEPT ITEMLOSS

Just some of my poor thoughts

stop blaming bots for everything, why are you beating a dead horse over and  over, there were NEVER active GM's, this proves that you are a illegal server dead beat!

if you are lvl110 and cant make AT LEAST 400-500m /day then you are clearly doing this wrong, the free gear/buffs they give are mostly to be used as a guideline for your next upgrades. If you are trying to play lineage2 in 2021 and spend nothing, then do not expect to gain anything, with less than 50€/$ you can get a +10 set with an SA crystal that is worth over 45b and a ring that is roughly 70b. Not to mention all the consumables that come with the set.

please save us the wall of text mumbo jumbo tears and start playing the game or go baack to private severs!

Just saw this! 100m in ketra in 24 hours? I make 350m every 20hours in FoS, unless you have 1500+ element and full lv5/G. Jewels, (actually you need more than that) you cannot XP efficiently in ketra.

Now I am not gonna go into details on your gear or mine but you have crisis/storm/PI/souls you should be able to get like 150 from souls and storm , 80-100 boxes from crisis and anywhere between 5-10 scrolls from PI, that is roughly 400m-1bil every 4 hours plus the rest of the day XPing, that should be a minimum of 650-700m/day

If you do not run at least prestige then what on earth are you doig here?

21 minutes ago, Catlord said:

best way to see if you dc'ed or not, is to be on a teamspeak server, the moment your internet has any issues, you will get disconnected and will reconnect automatically, so if you check TS and see that you have been on only a few minutes, then it s your internet

2 minutes ago, Connex said:

best way to see if you dc'ed or not, is to be on a teamspeak server, the moment your internet has any issues, you will get disconnected and will reconnect automatically, so if you check TS and see that you have been on only a few minutes, then it s your internet

No disconnect from discord during the morning l2 lag/dc sessions. 

it's not about getting some1, it's about eliminating variables and trying to find either the root of the problem or the solution.

discord does not lag or disconnect during the lag/dc morning hours of l2

1 hour ago, Niph said:

You are not connected directly to game server, even tho you have fiber.
Signal goes throu many countries and many companies, there are alot of things on the way that might screw up you connetion quality.

Well, duh. Still, used to be able to stay on Wednesday to Wednesday. It's been going downhill since the melee lag made its appearance.

1 hour ago, Connex said:

Haven't tried this TS thing, but I did catch the lags as they were happening this morning and I didn't get dc to the game that shall not be named, nor did I have any issues accessing major websites or l2's website for that matter. I'll keep an eye out tomorrow if I'm around.

10 hours ago, Connex said:

Hey 

I got 1 question for you because what you say makes no sense and you can thank me later when i open your eyes we both same country right? you are not getting dc at the specific hour i get...Ok cool until here...When the "lag" starts and dc festival with unplayable stuff...Forgot to tell you i got the upgraded equipment ofc on wall...Well yeah i got 2 pc till now okay? 1 for lineage iss main and shop my second computer is made for csgo/call of duty alright?..So i test this morning when i get dc i  log on CSGO and play 1 deathmatch it run perfectly FINE.So my point is you got no clue what you saying.And its not my internet fault.If it was my internet fault i wouldnt be able to play CSGO ofc right?... In the case since i was able to play csgo and wasnt able to log in both computers in L2...Results coming that its ncsoft faults that is not sending ENOUGH fps or connection to the server to my device.I hope i covered your facts which made no sense :)

10 hours ago, SafeStash said:

Bro, sorry to be like this, but I get 0 DC's per week and use fiber internet too.

It is NOT affecting everyone, so stop generalizing and focus on your individual problem.

My problems my solutions did i mention your name in here? no so please be kind and focus on your game style instead of mine :)

On 5/4/2021 at 8:03 PM, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 4 a.m. PDT /  6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 1 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Routine server updates and modifications.
  • The User Agreement has been updated in-game.
  • The 17th Anniversary Night Market promotion will continue  for 2 weeks!
  • The 17th Anniversary event will continue for 2 weeks. 
  • Fixed an issue where Sayune jumping was causing Ertheia characters to get stuck in the terrain and environment.
  • Fixed an issue with the terrain in the Sea of Spores hunting zone.

The problem of sayune for ertehia is worse than before