P.Crit or P. Skill Crit

Vathios

Tyrr Titan,

Started 2 days ago, Am currently level 103 and wondering for strictly PvE farming only and some instances/dungeons (No PvP at all) is it better to focus on P.Atk and P.Crit or P.Skill Crit and P. Skill Damage?

Should i be focusing more on my skills or on my auto attacks when grinding / levelling?

Thanks

P crit is easier to build up but has diminishing returns as the damage calculation is additive, i.e.  15% + 15% + 30% + 25% = 85% increase crit damage

P skill crit is much harder to build up because tyrrs do not skill crit nearly as often as rogues, you'll need to support p skill crit build with both skill crit rate and skill crit damage items, which are much less accessible (cost + event only items). But at end game skill crit build is *much* more powerful than regular crit damage, because it scales multiplicative, i.e. 15%, 15%, 30%, 25% => 1.15 * 1.15 * 1.3 * 1.25 = 2.1490625 => 114.9% increase in skill crit damage

tldr; start with regular crit damage, you'll max it out (close to anyway) pretty easily with 2 rings, +12 atlas and SA. Then start building out your skill crit rate and damage, you'll reach a point where you notice your skills are doing more damage and you can transition to skill crit build.

Patk. is always good, as it affects all your damage output. As a titan you'll have the highest patk in the game, so any patk items will scale accordingly, and will be the dominant factor even for skills (4m patk vs ~100k skill power)

• 2 months later...

after the main tyr update where maestros became good, stats were changed.  if an item says it gives 10% patk / P Atk Crit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power then that means you will do 10% more dmg on target respective to the stat when it is applied.

feel free to test and prove this wrong if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

if an item says it gives 10% patk / P Atk Crit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power then that means you will do 10% more dmg on target respective to the stat when it is applied.

you have items that say: patk/pskill crit dmg <- that means normal and pskill critical %, then you can't apply both damages on the equation. 
(there is also things say: normal/pskill crit dmg, is the same as above they just didn't standardize all the items)

i'm not following you and i would want to understand why mutiplicative and not additive. 

3 hours ago, Emuriel said:

if an item says it gives 10% patk / P Atk Crit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power then that means you will do 10% more dmg on target respective to the stat when it is applied.

you have items that say: patk/pskill crit dmg <- that means normal and pskill critical %, then you can't apply both damages on the equation. 
(there is also things say: normal/pskill crit dmg, is the same as above they just didn't standardize all the items)

i'm not following you and i would want to understand why mutiplicative and not additive. 

for a non dagger class, the Patk would always apply and the p skill crit dmg would only apply when doing a crit with a skill.

lets say the following:

100 damage when swinging your weapon

200 damage when using a skill

300 damage when critting with a skill

Add 10% Patk and 10% P Skill Crit Damage:

110 damage when swinging your weapon

220 damage when using a skill

360ish dmg damage when critting with a skill

as for why they are additive vs multiplied, i dont know why.  i can tell you damage behaves this way when you test.