Iss Hierphant Weapon

Vathiss

Looking to buy a second weapon for my Iss for when i play solo or AFK solo overnight. What weapon is best to use for Solo PvE farming? Dual Swords, or have seen some people recommend a Retributor or another 2H?

I know to use Sword + Sigil when in CP or group exp, but asking this as wondering for solo levelling best damage/most efficient.

Also Light or Heavy Armor?

5 hours ago, Catlord said:

Light armor +8 minimum for the 10% skill cd enchantment bonus. Dual swords because of your passive dual weapon mastery. Dual blunts will also do but swords are preferable.

Cool, Currently have about 50B thanks to getting lucky with my Event 100 Chests opening.  Will be looking for some armor and a weapon, So hopefully find something decent within my budget to get me started.

I ended up buying the Blessed Exalted Heavy armor from the NC Store - Was told by someone in clan that Heavy is preferable for group play etc and isn't much of a loss for personal damage when soloing. Want to make sure i don't make the same mistake when buying proper high level armor, So you'd definitely recommend Light?

Currently running with a focus on P.Atk and P.Critical for solo and looking at Skill Cooldown for groups.

57 minutes ago, Vathiss said:

Cool, Currently have about 50B thanks to getting lucky with my Event 100 Chests opening.  Will be looking for some armor and a weapon, So hopefully find something decent within my budget to get me started.

I ended up buying the Blessed Exalted Heavy armor from the NC Store - Was told by someone in clan that Heavy is preferable for group play etc and isn't much of a loss for personal damage when soloing. Want to make sure i don't make the same mistake when buying proper high level armor, So you'd definitely recommend Light?

Currently running with a focus on P.Atk and P.Critical for solo and looking at Skill Cooldown for groups.

light armor is mainly for skill cooldown, so you can use BR more. Your defense isn't going to matter much in group play, you're not supposed to be tanking anything, you only need to survive any aoes and let healer (or yourself) heal up. At higher levels your damage really doesn't make much difference, and if you're a heirophant you *really* want to have light armour (plused up to +8 minimum) and other skill cooldown reduction skills and items to be able to cast PoM on at least 2 DDs, at that point it's not possible to have your macro debuff and reliably buff 2 different people PoM and you'll have to have the something like following macro, along with autocast PoM:

/target %party1
/target %party2

GL with soloing as an ISS, you'll hit a ceiling pretty soon and need at least a duo to xp effectively at all.

• Thanks 2

+10 blessed exhaulted light will probably be good enough for the rest of your game play, it's honestly a great set for a small fee, other then that, populus hit the nail on the head. 

51 minutes ago, Degus said:

+10 blessed exhaulted light will probably be good enough for the rest of your game play, it's honestly a great set for a small fee, other then that, populus hit the nail on the head. 

If i DID want to upgrade my armour from there, What would be the next upgrades from there? +8 R99 and +8 R110?

1 hour ago, Populus said:

light armor is mainly for skill cooldown, so you can use BR more. Your defense isn't going to matter much in group play, you're not supposed to be tanking anything, you only need to survive any aoes and let healer (or yourself) heal up. At higher levels your damage really doesn't make much difference, and if you're a heirophant you *really* want to have light armour (plused up to +8 minimum) and other skill cooldown reduction skills and items to be able to cast PoM on at least 2 DDs, at that point it's not possible to have your macro debuff and reliably buff 2 different people PoM and you'll have to have the something like following macro, along with autocast PoM:

/target %party1
/target %party2

GL with soloing as an ISS, you'll hit a ceiling pretty soon and need at least a duo to xp effectively at all.

Awesome, Thankyou.  Really appreciate your feedback and help, goes a long way!

I will have to make the change to Light Armor as i stupidly purchased the Blessed Exalted Heavy set, and i will have to look further into what Jewelry/Cloak and other accessories would be ideal, as currently am using the entire Blessed Exalted set which seems to be fine so far.

What is the ideal debuff macro for when grouping?

As far as soloing in my spare time, I'm not too fussed about speed or efficiency. It's more just something to do in my downtime, and worst comes to worst i do have a Titan i can use to duo with, but yeah i fully understand eventually as an Iss i will slow down dramatically.

1 hour ago, Vathiss said:

What is the ideal debuff macro for when grouping?

pom on auto use and depending on how many poms you can keep up you target the dds in the party accordingly.

/target %party1 (adjust accordingly to target a dd that is supposed to get pom)
/useskill healing melody
/target %party2 (same as the first command)
/assist or /targetnext
/useskill assault rush
/useskill assault crash
/useskill chaos symphony (remove this if the kill speed isn't fast enough and your mp gets drained)

Degus is right. Isses don't need a lot of stuff to stay alive and they don't do well bashing on mobs on their own. There are are some people playing supports that have geared themselves as dds and can do a bit of soloing but those classes are not dds and therefore they are at a disadvantage from the get go. What you need to focus on, especially as a pom iss is getting your skill cooldown as low as you can possibly get it to be. Put you ability points on knights tree and dualclass skills on skill cd and defenses, get a light blessed exalted +10 set, use the sayha talisman that comes with the pack along with a venir stage 12+ to get the cd bonus, use the exalted soul crystal for skill cd. If you do need to go out and solo I'd recommend you do that on a dualclass. I've played an iss/iss toon and if you try to farm with iss gear it just sucks. If you spend dd money to boost your dps you may as well go the extra step and spend it on a dd class where it will make more of a difference.

5 hours ago, Catlord said:

pom on auto use and depending on how many poms you can keep up you target the dds in the party accordingly.

/target %party1 (adjust accordingly to target a dd that is supposed to get pom)
/useskill healing melody
/target %party2 (same as the first command)
/assist or /targetnext
/useskill assault rush
/useskill assault crash
/useskill chaos symphony (remove this if the kill speed isn't fast enough and your mp gets drained)

Unfortunately, this macro will auto buff PoM to yourself (the heirophant), meaning you can only buff PoM to 1 more DD consistently

Just now, Catlord said:

Only if the group completely beats the mobs respawn. Otherwise the iss will be targeting either mobs or dds, not itself or nothing which would cause it to pom itself. It is also why the heal is on one of the dds and not on the iss itself as it would be on any other type of iss to cover for the possibility of the group's healer dcing.

When targeting mobs, autocast will cast on self.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Populus said:

When targeting mobs, autocast will cast on self.

My bad, removed the reply with the bad info. Been a month or three since I played pom iss actively. 

Ok so a working setup should be along these lines with auto pom off:

/target %party1
/useskill prophecy of might
/delay 0.10
/target %party2
/delay 0.10
/targetnext
/useskill assault crash
/useskill symphony of chaos
/target %self
/useskill healing melody

Just now, Catlord said:

My bad, removed the reply with the bad info. Been a month or three since I played pom iss actively. 

Ok so a working setup should be along these lines with auto pom off:

/target %party1
/delay 0.10
/target %party2
/delay 0.10
/targetnext
/useskill assault crash
/useskill symphony of chaos
/target %self
/useskill healing melody

sorry to be on your ass <_< this macro is unreliable because it could buff pom to the same DD twice in a row. That's why I said above that if you want to reliably buff 2 people POM, you cannot debuff as well.

1 minute ago, Populus said:

sorry to be on your ass <_< this macro is unreliable because it could buff pom to the same DD twice in a row. That's why I said above that if you want to reliably buff 2 people POM, you cannot debuff as well.

Nah those are valid corrections. Imo it's better to risk buffing the same dd twice provided both dds are equally strong than being cheap about 5 spirit ores being wasted every few minutes. Pom with our current macro tools is never gonna be 100% if you also want to debuff. In the end of the day people need to learn to make their own macros because what works for me might not work for you due to gears/levels/party set up etc. For example I had 3 poms, I could get away with wasting one on myself. Most people don't have 3 poms so the first macro I posted won't work for them, or it will have some downtime depending on their cd between dds.