Another Mentor/Mentes clarification.

Hellbender

Is it true or not that although you can have a mentor at any level there buffs are only effective at level 99.

Reason I ask, at level 95 I was approached by a mentor and I accepted thinking I wouldn't have to keep running back to town for buffs.

No good, after one hour when the NPC buffs expired even thought it showed Mentors buffs I was killed.

4 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Is it true or not that although you can have a mentor at any level there buffs are only effective at level 99.

Reason I ask, at level 95 I was approached by a mentor and I accepted thinking I wouldn't have to keep running back to town for buffs.

No good, after one hour when the NPC buffs expired even thought it showed Mentors buffs I was killed.

The mentor have to be online.. while it is.. you will have buffs until lvl105

18 hours ago, Hellbender said:

you got this all wrong!

Mentor buffs and npc buffs are the same.

The reason you died is most likely you got agro from nuker mobs and could not VR their damage, dying AFK and coming to the forums to ask why is not really a good solution, you literally need to pay attention to what is going on.

Some classes struggle at 95 in bloody swampland, that is the reason you died not your mentor.

1 hour ago, Connex said:

Some classes struggle at 95 in bloody swampland, that is the reason you died not your mentor.

Or their mentor logged out and they lost the mentor buffs. They used to not disappear when mentor logged out but now they actually do.

9 hours ago, Catlord said:

Or their mentor logged out and they lost the mentor buffs. They used to not disappear when mentor logged out but now they actually do.

Previously, the Melodies and Sonatas were 24/7 while you had a Mentor... the Mentor had to be on-line to auto-give harmony, now the Mentor must be on-line for any benefit.   You could lose just harmony, and not die(just sloooowwwddd) now buff-less most anyplace 100+ is impending doom.

17 hours ago, Catlord said:

he clearly said, he was dead and mentor buffs were still there... he also mentioned lv95 which is not that easy for certain classes.... do the math!