Fix clan war system

wari

On 5/24/2021 at 11:04 PM, SpazzyYazzy said:

imagine have 10 of the same clan members whine in a forum post about clan war makes sense

I think you all aren't getting what the post is about. This is not a "OMG, they're always PvP'ing my PvE clan".  Nope, this post is about, "hmm, they wont PvP us, they just want to kill AFK lowbies and disrupt the normal flow of the game".  

The reason why "BIG" pvpers go to 14 players is so they can lvl in peace, and PvP when they choose to. Are they scared to PvP? Hell no, but they realize that they can't lvl if someone constantly has a War on them and can kill them when they are out AFK macro'ing. Yes, Yes, you should always be behind the keyboard and the game didn't make the macro's so you could "legally" bot. But, who here will stay behind the keyboard for 3 hours of IoS's going around and around(if you're melee) for 3 whole hours?

This post is about the "War System" that makes it easy for those that can't really PvP, but they can start a war and kill afk'ers when we are tucked snuggly in our beds. "Imagine the one person that doesn't stand a chance against anyone actually PvP'ing live characters".  If you blow to hard in the dirction of SpazzyYazzy he/she falls over dead. But hey you can PvP incredibly when those characters are afk can't you :).  So please don't think we don't understand that this is a PvP game and that sometimes you'll have to fight for the right to party (just showed my age). Understand that those that use this as a "game exploit" aren't really trying to PvP, thats not the purpose, they just want you to realize that they can legally harass you until you do what they want. And yes they do want something, we've just not willing to pay it. A few clannies have dropped tag because of this, but i'm one of the die-hards. Its a game, you can kill me a bazillion times(AFK), but guess what? I'll get up a bazillion and 1 times :).

In this game there are many "PvE" clans who do realize that they will be called upon to "PvP" occasionally, but we are not here for that specifically. If it happens to find us we are willing to try our best to kill so as not to be killed. The Gear that some people have is so incredible that alot of "PvE" clans/players choose to stay away from that part of the game. Mainly because it cost to much to compete. That being said if we must fight then we will. But, we don't want to be "forced" to fight and that is what this broken war system does.  This what we have is not a war, its a means to keep some from lvl'ing. We'll try to "fix" the macro's and keep the war from starting again and see how things progress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand why if here ncwest bought the rights to run the game why cant push developers and COMMISION the job for us and for the different service running.

It's like we are Doomed to suffer eternally their different mind/gamestyle/service and is completely useless here to talk and talk about our region issues.

@Juji  @Hime @LIME

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:04 AM, SpazzyYazzy said:

imagine have 10 of the same clan members whine in a forum post about clan war makes sense

Imagine having 10 players whining in pm every day - all saying It wasn't me - (Cue's in Shaggy's - It Wasn't Me) They all do it - you know the one's with the edited screen shots?

I know I don't have all angels in my clan but at least I own what goes on. And to think we were alt clan allies. 

On 5/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, Mitzza said:

Is very hard to control a 68 people clan , there will always be that clan member that do not listen or does not understaned, or just joind clan to start war.

If you leave the car window open and the phone on the seat , the phone will be stolen, who will you blame? Everyone, the one who stole the phone , the car, the phone, the town, daylight saiving. Some one will always leave a phone in the car, the wife the kides, so closing the car windous will be a good thing to do, in the game the car has no windows so you have to take care of the members of clan.

You blame yourself for leaving the window open, that's only logical.

8 hours ago, wari said:

What it comes down to is, I am not recruiting anymore tyrrs 

no hatin on them Tyr's!! also if having to many clan members is an issue I got a nice comfy lvl11 clan to trade for your 13 to downsize in style ;)

11 hours ago, GNsoon said:

I dont understand why if here ncwest bought the rights to run the game why cant push developers and COMMISION the job for us and for the different service running.

It's like we are Doomed to suffer eternally their different mind/gamestyle/service and is completely useless here to talk and talk about our region issues.

@Juji  @Hime @LIME

NCWest is full subsidiary of NC Korea so they're on payroll and have to execute what the Korean Export team tell them , imho u mix them up with the EU/RU servers which are franchise style run and have a lil bit more freedom in what they can do but even there they have to follow the rules as stipulated in the license agreement

the key thing ur missing is that there are mainly 2 versions of the game, the one Korea runs and what they export. this is why EU/RU/NCWest/NC Japan etc. all get the same weekly patches and updates from their Export team with only local language differences

on the actual issue with aoe damage splash making chars flag well that's clearly working as intended as the just released Death Knight class in Korea has it too so just prepare yourself mentally for the onslaught when we get that update in 6~8 Months as there will be a repeat of the erthia reroll wave but then cute lil undead DeathKnights

c'est la vie

18 hours ago, Bethra said:

Imagine having 10 players whining in pm every day - all saying It wasn't me - (Cue's in Shaggy's - It Wasn't Me) They all do it - you know the one's with the edited screen shots?

I know I don't have all angels in my clan but at least I own what goes on. And to think we were alt clan allies. 

Talking as they say is cheap. For any to have words is an OK part of this game. That really just means the game is working as intended. If someoe has a problem with someone else and they talk sht to each other thats pretty much normal. This is about the "almost" abuse of a war system by..well only your clannies. We actually don't try to find people with whats considered by some a "bad" macro. Nope, we don't and never have. Now we do fight on a siege field and once a war gets started, fight on the open field. What transpires is , we do our thing on the siege field as many clans do. Some may have words, tell a toon "look at you, you aren't doing any dmg at all" . That i think is just a part of the "sht talking heat of the moment".  The after action report is what comes next and what all the bruhaha is about. For some reason, because we chose to fight on the siege field we should be "bad macro" warred...But, for some reason its only us. Thats were all the "harassment" thing comes into play. If your "none angels" did that to many clans like some of the big clans use to do, then cool. We just say "oh they war everybody". But you don't. So at some point you're going to have to realize that those "10 pm's" are probably the ones telling you the truth. Have we ever "Macro" warred you? Have we ever "harassed" random toons as they did their "overnight thing"? At some point you're really going to have to realize that you're being "bamboozled, Hoodwinked, taken for a ride". As a PvE clan that kinda likes to do sieges i'm guessing this "macro" thing will continue to happen. It is "Your" clan and you can "manage" it as you so choose.. If random wars with PvE clans that really don't want a war is how things shall be...What will be, will be.

Imo is one thing getting into war cause both sides wanna do it and resolve what is there to resolve or have fun ...and is another thing to intentionally start up a war by going around and trying to find that " bad macro" that will trigger it..

In this way someone makes a clan with all his mentees and start wars with several clans ..and guess that ONLY one person is nowhere to be found and meanwhile has ruined the game of ppl paying for runes or even not paying for runes but is trying to do some overnight xp

and dont start with u are not supposed to leave your toon unattended and those things can happen cause 99% of the ppl in the game do afk macro

well it's an open world pvp game and actions can have consequences, like don't go crying about pvp / ganks etc. if you participate in sieges or any other competitive ingame activity as your competitors can easily take the fight back at moments you don't want / expect / find convenient which is how the game has always been intended btw

the macro system is here to assist game play, not to run it 24/7 afk

if you're not afk you will not have problems with accidentally opening a war

also as part of the intended game mechanics if ppl do harass u ingame ur supposed to get stronger or build diplomatic relationships be that for settling peace or find stronger allies etc. and solve your own problems that way - this system works like this in Korea and Dev team has zero intentions to change it as it works fine for them, no amounts of posting here will change that

only caveat I do want to mention is dealing with topxic ppl and/or those that use RL type harassment cause yeah report such players and get rid off them as no one needs such period.

oh and in case some may think that's easy for me to say note this: I actually got pked daily by some upset player(s) only for the fact I outleveled them and was higher in the ranking system lol but that stuff is also part of the game, u win some u loose some. another example is my long history of being part of end game pvp clans with real active wars before ppl went the chicken afk macro 24/7 in 14man clans and I used to have to pvp to be able to xp or be smart and know all the places I could easily xp while dodging (myteleports made this so much easier lol) :P

18 hours ago, Draecke said:

well it's an open world pvp game and actions can have consequences, like don't go crying about pvp / ganks etc. if you participate in sieges or any other competitive ingame activity as your competitors can easily take the fight back at moments you don't want / expect / find convenient which is how the game has always been intended btw

also as part of the intended game mechanics if ppl do harass u ingame ur supposed to get stronger or build diplomatic relationships be that for settling peace or find stronger allies etc. and solve your own problems that way - this system works like this in Korea and Dev team has zero intentions to change it as it works fine for them, no amounts of posting here will change that

only caveat I do want to mention is dealing with topxic ppl and/or those that use RL type harassment cause yeah report such players and get rid off them as no one needs such period.

oh and in case some may think that's easy for me to say note this: I actually got pked daily by some upset player(s) only for the fact I outleveled them and was higher in the ranking system lol but that stuff is also part of the game, u win some u loose some. another example is my long history of being part of end game pvp clans with real active wars before ppl went the chicken afk macro 24/7 in 14man clans and I used to have to pvp to be able to xp or be smart and know all the places I could easily xp while dodging (myteleports made this so much easier lol) :P

There are a couple points I would argue illustrate flaws and/or contradictions in your assertions.

1)  Yes, this is an open world PvP game BUT there are NO consequences when a clan "abuses" the flawed war system to force it on an unwanted target.  This is clearly why most end-gamers have switched to 14 member clans (yourself included).  

2)  The days of forming informal alliances or "diplomatic relationships" are over.  CPs, p2w, unlimited boxes, a small player base, and content which DOES NOT require large numbers of live players killed that.

3)  Theoretically no one should be AFK but we live in the real world and literally everyone uses the AFK macro system in some form.  Any arguments which use that as an excuse to "blame" a player/clan are specious at best....

4)  If you you want to level a clan in this game you have to have two things; larges numbers and AFK macros.  It is impossible otherwise.  Should a clan which actually wants to level up not be able too because of a war system which was meant for what the game was 15 years ago?  Of course not.  

Having said all of this; you are right, the system will not be changed anytime soon. 

I'm not in a clan below 14 for that reason though, I'm just not that sociable to invite it to full capacity - it's really just for me as extra boost and offer to share that with friends,  the fact I hunt with target to taunt says enough imho :P

I do get what ur trying to say with ur point 1 though as it shouldn't be that easy to trigger a war

point 2 I disagree cause I know for a fact such things are still being done even today or u think it was coincidence fistingtime joined renevant ? just an example of which there are many more, deals made out of shared convenience / profit happens all the time

agree to disagree on point 3 as the moment u go afk in an open world pvp game anything goes & can happen which is something u accepted the moment u left save zone

point 4 should be phrased differently as imho it just proves the current clan system is flawed / broken and needs fixing in general, mind u this is a though sell cause Koreans do not have the issues or better said they do not consider them issues that needs fixing so it's up to NCWest Producer like @Juji  & @LIME to be flagged as a concern/ item considered for improvement

On 5/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, Draecke said:

You nab like always... L2 PVP game? Common... L2 =99.7% PVE game! here just 10-50(max) people can participate in PVP - from 5000 online. And all this PVP people - nolifers 100% - they even not have job in real life 5-15y. Ok im from Europe (like most who play in Naia). When we have Oly... 22.00... People go to sleep in this time. When we have castle siege? Sunday late in the evening... People going to sleep in this time. When we have Zariche/Aka? 00.00-01.00 in night... People already sleeping 3-4h at this time - because for most need wakeup in morning 6-7 and go in job! Who do all what i said? 10-20 nolifers...  who kiling world RB? The same -NOLIFERS! No one who have brain not start siting half night to kill RB...

If we have Producer whish working (not just getting salary) - here is simple solution for this problem. Declare war = 30.000-50.000 clan points - and problem solved. And yes - war must to have price - now every nab decelerating war for free just to kill afk people.

28 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

.... When we have Oly... 22.00... People go to sleep in this time. When we have castle siege? Sunday late in the evening... People going to sleep in this time. When we have Zariche/Aka? 00.00-01.00 in night... People already sleeping 3-4h at this time - because for most need wakeup in morning 6-7 and go in job! Who do all what i said? 10-20 nolifers...  who kiling world RB? The same -NOLIFERS! No one who have brain not start siting half night to kill RB...

Dude, we already finish primary school :) we can go sleep a bit later then you :P

57 minutes ago, FoToMoTo said:

Dude, we already finish primary school :) we can go sleep a bit later then you :P

You also nolifer? I dont know no 1 person (except people in game) - who working, have family, pay for game - and can be in game after 21.00-22.00. Even if call by pfone with some reason after this time - people not talking - or become angry who so late calling. So need bla bla here. Or in Poland people not sleeping, not need in go in job? 

15 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

You also nolifer? I dont know no 1 person (except people in game) - who working, have family, pay for game - and can be in game after 21.00-22.00. Even if call by pfone with some reason after this time - people not talking - or become angry who so late calling. So need bla bla here. Or in Poland people not sleeping, not need in go in job? 

Yes i spent lot of time with l2 but its my choice, i work, i have family, i pay for game, i play after 22.00 :) other ppl watch movies, go to bar, or make dirty dancing half night.

All this not mean we are all nolifers :)

25 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

FoToMoTo - abaut what you talking?  Yes - you nolifer.

No-lifer - One who has no social life; a friendless introvert. Dont compare everyone to your personal opinion, i have social life and many friends, i play 24/7 but  this not mean i am nonstop at front of the monitor. But ok i understand you are the person who have ready made answer for everything :) (no offense)

20 minutes ago, SuriLegend said:

the current pvp system is a joke,  ncsoft  should listen more to the players.is  why we are the least crowded server compared to the other official servers?

you are right, I don't really know where to begin fixing it, they created insanely strong items that are unachievable by the majority of players, you need to gamble to get the item ya want, then usually need to gamble to upgrade it at insane prices.  People are hurting for multi slot seed bracelets yet they introduce a system where top players are now destroying them, and other items lower players can't even get their hands on.      People used to max out their levels and gear and pvp all day, but now, who want's to get hit for 6 mill damage by a non target aoe that completely ignored disp?   yay, fun.  Clowns crying "come pvp" when they can be invincible for a minute while most can't get their hands on those items, fun!

+1 this post

@Juji @LIME @Hime

Those stupids novavitas griefing my clan war  experience and its againts thhe EULA.... 

They feel untouchable.. if u pk them they tell u "its againts the EULA, reported"

akjshdkasjhdkjasdkjashd morons

BTW now without trolling... The war system method is outbased...  need to be rework, same as other stuff in game.
Or just can bring back the no pk penalty and i will take care those carebears hiding on  14 man clan... 

Dragons MUST be PvP zone, if u want drops, u shoud fight for them.. Whats the funny thing for developers to create a click war?? why dont make a fcking pvp zone so i just can go with my crew and pew pew pew them all???

what's re portable about pk?   and why you forcing clans into war?  thats not what needs to be changed,  dragons pvp zone, yes, dailies outside town, yes, just get rid of the war system all together, go fight who ya want, war is just to see your name in blue from afk players, otherwise, why does war even matter?   pk system needs help, bring back dropped items, but it's gotta be enforced. forcing some1 to pk you to exploit drops should clearly be a banable offense, creative yes, but come on!  Some players are done if they drop a weapon.