The right weapon element (attribute)?

Mapheus

Hi, guys.

My toon is an Yul Ghost Sentinel with Elf in the base race.

My weapon is an R110 and its element is Holy 450.

My question: is there a "right" element for each class / race or does it not matter?

Because I heard some people saying that the best choice for me is Wind or Water.

If that's really right, can I safely change my weapon's attribute and how?

Thank you all!

The right weapon attribute depends of the mobs/raids you kill the most...

If the mobs you usually kill have EARTH attribute attack, then yours must be the opposite WIND

If you kill FIRE then your weapon must be WATER

And as many instance mobs/raids are DARK the commonly selected attribute on weapons is HOLY

In my opinion the only toons that should select an attribute based on the class are FEOHS as they have specific element skills/stances

Storm Screamers have WIND/DARK skills so they should use WIND/DARK weapons

Mystic Muses have WATER/HOLY skills so they should use WATER/HOLY weapons

Archmages have four element stances but their powerful ones are FIRE oriented so FIRE weapons are recomended

Soultakers are more EARTH/DARK oriented

Soulhounds are more FIRE/DARK oriented

Sayha's Seers are WATER/WIND oriented

In your case, Ghost Sentinels have no attribute specific skills, so you can benefit of any attribute, and as mentioned before dark mobs are the ones you will encounter the most then your HOLY weapon is the best suited for you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Equadym said:

If the mobs you usually kill have EARTH attribute attack, then yours must be the opposite WIND

And as many instance mobs/raids are DARK the commonly selected attribute on weapons is HOLY

In my opinion the only toons that should select an attribute based on the class are FEOHS as they have specific element skills/stances

Archmages have four element stances but their powerful ones are FIRE oriented so FIRE weapons are recomended

In your case, Ghost Sentinels have no attribute specific skills, so you can benefit of any attribute, and as mentioned before dark mobs are the ones you will encounter the most then your HOLY weapon is the best suited for you.

Understood. So I will keep the Holy attribute!

Thank you very much for your help!!

On 5/26/2021 at 8:15 AM, Equadym said:

Mobs are not weak to a specific element anymore. You don't need opposite elements for more dmg. 

As for holy being a good option. Yes, it is because most people stack dark to protect against cursed weps. 

On 5/31/2021 at 2:38 PM, iHyperlite said:

Mobs are not weak to a specific element anymore. You don't need opposite elements for more dmg. 

As for holy being a good option. Yes, it is because most people stack dark to protect against cursed weps. 

Are you sure about it? So mobs have equal deffense on all att? I tryed to test but output dmg have to many modifiers to be 100% sure :) Lf for fix dmg skill to test it.

5 minutes ago, FoToMoTo said:

Are you sure about it? So mobs have equal deffense on all att? I tryed to test but output dmg have to many modifiers to be 100% sure :) Lf for fix dmg skill to test it.

ill ask conan, but from what i have seen its no dif.

Your race also effects your weapon element. (Not class)

Dark Elves get a bonus to wind element

Orcs get a bonus to Fire

L. Elves use to be water not sure if they still get it (not one of my alts is a light elf lol)

Most use Wind or Holy on their weapons since very few mobs in game have a resistant to either those elements  at the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, FoToMoTo said:

Difference between "right" attributes in the weapon is like 30-40 att... 

Other words, you need 30-40 att less for the "opposite monsters".

On 6/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, Slycutter said:

Your race also effects your weapon element. (Not class)

Dark Elves get a bonus to wind element

Orcs get a bonus to Fire

L. Elves use to be water not sure if they still get it (not one of my alts is a light elf lol)

Most use Wind or Holy on their weapons since very few mobs in game have a resistant to either those elements  at the moment.

where do u see this passive?

I also remember this but cannot find the passive skill stating it.