Opinions on Clans.

Hellbender

I have tried many clans on both servers and I have found the following.

Either there is hardly anyone ever on, if they are on then nobody wants to do things together, EG: hunt, form parties, etc or they don't speak the same language.

I played DAOC for years and it was a much more social game.

What are your guys opinions or experiences and can you recommend a clan?

There are clans out there exactly like that.  Not many but here is a hint if a clan is below level 10.... they not going to last for long in L2 no more.  If a clan is 12 or higher means they know what they are doing basically.  My clan ebbs and flows we have times we have no room for new members and times when i feel like im talking to myself.  Constant leadership is what make a stable clan and there is very few leaders that stay with L2.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hellbender said:

Either there is hardly anyone ever on, if they are on then nobody wants to do things together, EG: hunt, form parties, etc or they don't speak the same language.

you have not told us your level, class and gear.

then I will be able to explain why this happens.

7 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Clans exist, especially pve clans with 40-50 ppl. However, your level and gear will be a major factor on if you find a good one or not. I'd say both servers have clans like this. 100% naia does I know for sure. 

Most clans probably require 110+ unless you are a support char, then maybe 107/108 would be OK. 

What is your class/level? 

What server r u on? 

On 6/10/2021 at 6:45 AM, Hellbender said:

I will answer your question in a way that it will sound harsh but it is the truth and how things are right now.

Ppl will accept you in a clan and they will even help you but you NEED to be able to show them that you are committed,  not to them but to the game, if you are an exalted warrior and 105, unwilling to spend any $$ for the game then no clan will help you.

The reason is simple, each player has paid a certain amount of money for gear, so if a new player joins and has nothing to offer or nothing to show in terms of gear then you will just be wasting everyones time.

Crisis/PI/Storm/IoS are done solo. Noone will share the drops with another player especially if they use prestige and destiny . Now the actual help you can get is doing the 105 dailies, Kamaloka, Gludio, Baylor and the Giran instance, even then, with no gear you will be dead all the time. You need to understand that time is money and L2 is now mostly an AFK game, so for as long as people pay a subscription they expect to get the most out of it.

If it takes loner for them to finish dailies, then it is counterproductive and a waste of time. In other words, by not having gear, you waste everyones time including yours. Now if you do have gear, you can easily find a clan, even if they have high level requirements i,e 110. Knowing that you are 1 xp event away from being close to their levels is acceptable. Talk to them, explain them what is your situation and I am pretty sure you will have no issues at all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Connex said:

I will answer your question in a way that it will sound harsh but it is the truth and how things are right now.

Ppl will accept you in a clan and they will even help you but you NEED to be able to show them that you are committed,  not to them but to the game, if you are an exalted warrior and 105, unwilling to spend any $$ for the game then no clan will help you.

The reason is simple, each player has paid a certain amount of money for gear, so if a new player joins and has nothing to offer or nothing to show in terms of gear then you will just be wasting everyones time.

Crisis/PI/Storm/IoS are done solo. Noone will share the drops with another player especially if they use prestige and destiny . Now the actual help you can get is doing the 105 dailies, Kamaloka, Gludio, Baylor and the Giran instance, even then, with no gear you will be dead all the time. You need to understand that time is money and L2 is now mostly an AFK game, so for as long as people pay a subscription they expect to get the most out of it.

If it takes loner for them to finish dailies, then it is counterproductive and a waste of time. In other words, by not having gear, you waste everyones time including yours. Now if you do have gear, you can easily find a clan, even if they have high level requirements i,e 110. Knowing that you are 1 xp event away from being close to their levels is acceptable. Talk to them, explain them what is your situation and I am pretty sure you will have no issues at all.

exactly.

Bro in 2words:

Put in your mind, this is not anymore a game,

Ncwest transformed this Client in a Lineage2 Mining Cryptovalue, now here you can only invest a lot of money (but a lot) and keep ur pc h24 to extract in afk the Cryptomoney (adenas).

If u dont inject hard money, useless even starts keep ur pc to mining here, search another cryptovalue.

I see what this guy problem with clans is... he is looking for instant gratification.  He applied to my clan last night, put in application and sent me a mail.  I pmed him last night no response told him to hit me back when he gets back.  This morning application pulled and joined another clan.  Good clans want what Connex said committed people not clan hoppers and for me that is what you seem to be, you do not make friendships and trust overnight not in a game like this.  However good luck to you.

Slycutter, dear sir/madam... first of all, although I am relatively new to this game I am quite knowledgeable to the world of MMO's having played only one other for about 8 years, unfortunately the game went the way if the Dodo.

I applied to your clan first and did send you mail along with the other two people you mentioned, I think my error may have been being on a waiting list so some other clan may have picked it up?

I am not an AFK player but like many people I work, sleep etc so missing a PM is probably common as there are so many people selling things those chat messages move quickly.

Finally, I am not looking for instant gratification and I do spend money on the game (not for cosmetic purposes). All I wanted from the beginning was a clan that does things together, most clans I have tried although having 66 members you only see a tiny percentage of people playing.

I am not a clan hopper, I just want one that is not dead.