Jump to content
Forums

Best Place for 105-106 People with Basic Gear?


Recommended Posts

By basic, I mean all exalted armor, cloak and weapons, Paulina jewelry , only an Atlas earring (not enchanted), and items you get strictly from in-game quests. No artifacts, Zodiac agathions or anything that you get from promotions/events.  No enchanted skills. Really basic in every sense.

Where can this person reasonably hunt solo?

Where can this person hunt in groups with any person with same level of equipment? Can they do any of the daily party instances, including the new one? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pardon the reference here but not sure how to say it.

105 is the coming to God moment in L2.  If your not willing spend any IRL money at the time just log out because the game is pretty much over for you there.  There is no way to continue much past 105 unless you start investing some money into game (im not talking thousands but I would budget for on average $100 a month for your main)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I figured. I was hoping to give my new clannies some words of encouragement, but it looks like they're better off quitting.  They can't afford $1,200 annually for a game. Or they'd rather spend that on something else. 😞💩☠️

Link to post
Share on other sites

you cant, I have done some extensive testing, the only feasible class to play with 0$ is eviscerator with a SwS hehind you, PoM is also nice BUT at some point in your levels, it will lose follow and you will die.

Now forget that you will be xping at areas around your level, not possible. you are looking at areas like desert quary or hellbound. Basically 4-6 levels below your level. this means that even at 107 you will still be there.

To be able to get some XP done, here is what you will need.
+10 Blessed exatled set $50
R99 PvE belt (+6% pve dmg) - 2.5b (chef monkey is better, but at 5-6bil)
+6 or 7 agathion for your class, melee p crit dmg or archer skill crit dmg 3-5b
lv1 artifact book (filled with +0 artifacts) for the -5% dmg received ~3b

that is the absolute minimum to solo, now if you can get help, Imperial Tomb quest gives you 3.8% per day at 105 but you will need some1 to leech from.

for the rest, "insert coin to continue" - ("very few will get this")
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Connex said:

To be able to get some XP done, here is what you will need.
+10 Blessed exatled set $50
R99 PvE belt (+6% pve dmg) - 2.5b (chef monkey is better, but at 5-6bil)

This game is not "Play for Free" and never was!!

Play this game like in the old days.. with subscription (https://www.lineage2.com/shop/prestige).

  1. That Blessed Exalted set is great... worth the money imho.
  2. Isn't the Olympiad Belt (PvE Attack) better??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dawe said:

This game is not "Play for Free" and never was!!

Play this game like in the old days.. with subscription (https://www.lineage2.com/shop/prestige).

  1. That Blessed Exalted set is great... worth the money imho.
  2. Isn't the Olympiad Belt (PvE Attack) better??

 

the belt from Oly is the R99 pve belt, but its around 2 -2.3b for just 6% pve attack but chef money is + 7% damage, -5% dmg received and element resists, not much but its a must now that they increased the difficulty even more .

honestly this guy (from what I can understand) is trying to actually play for absolutely free so that is why i did not mention it

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh and you NEED to get your dualclass 105 as well... the skills are too good not to get, then you will need to level up 12 toons as mentees, 1-105 to make the atlas +12 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dawe said:

This game is not "Play for Free" and never was!!

Play this game like in the old days.. with subscription (https://www.lineage2.com/shop/prestige).

  1. That Blessed Exalted set is great... worth the money imho.
  2. Isn't the Olympiad Belt (PvE Attack) better??

 

I have higher level gear, but my new clan mates don't.

But I also have Prestige, full Blessed Exalted package, etc. Tested out some stuff to see what works, what doesn't.  My clanmates are screwed. I died in that low level gear in the new instance very quickly. And that's with skill enchants, forgotten power level enchanted highly, etc. If I died quickly, there's no way new clan mates make it in normal exalted stuff without any other boosts other than pots.

I had to use my usual setup, which is low-top end (or high mid-tier if you prefer). I feel bad for them, because it can be a fun game, but if you're just now starting to play it, you are going to pay much, much, much  more than I did for the same equipment, because enchant rates are tougher and other essential stuff like la vie jewels and cloaks are hard to come by cheaply. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

I have higher level gear, but my new clan mates don't.

But I also have Prestige, full Blessed Exalted package, etc. Tested out some stuff to see what works, what doesn't.  My clanmates are screwed. I died in that low level gear in the new instance very quickly. And that's with skill enchants, forgotten power level enchanted highly, etc. If I died quickly, there's no way new clan mates make it in normal exalted stuff without any other boosts other than pots.

I had to use my usual setup, which is low-top end (or high mid-tier if you prefer). I feel bad for them, because it can be a fun game, but if you're just now starting to play it, you are going to pay much, much, much  more than I did for the same equipment, because enchant rates are tougher and other essential stuff like la vie jewels and cloaks are hard to come by cheaply. 

105 instances are not for 105 players.. unfortunately.
If you can get carried to leech then you can do it, otherwise the content is +5 levels on whatever you see.

crisis is 100+ cant kill until 106 
PI is 105 cant kill until 107
Storm is 105 cant kill until 107
IoS is 107, yeah bleep that noise
these are just to kill before the update, now if you want to get 100 boxes in crisis or at least 6-7 scrolls in PI, then you need 109 and good gear.

As far as the other instances,
IT is only for you to leech the 150 mobs and get 3.8% at 105 and for every next level it goes down by 50%, 106 is 1.7% , 107 is 0.8% etc.....
The Aden instances you can forget, you need gear, like a lot of gear and you just will not get invited at lower level, mainly due to the gear but also because you will slow everyone down. I was lucky enough to get help from my clan, there were people at 110 with very good gear on top of the XP event and got to that level myself. But i had over 400b worth of gear as well.

105 players can only do EV (in a party), Coal mines and maybe leech in IT group till 106, then EV and IT until 107. At that point you can join a Tanor party or a small beleth party. Hellbound will get you to 110 with mediocre gear but poeple will gear are there too...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 10:48 AM, Get2ThePoint said:

By basic, I mean all exalted armor, cloak and weapons, Paulina jewelry , only an Atlas earring (not enchanted), and items you get strictly from in-game quests. No artifacts, Zodiac agathions or anything that you get from promotions/events.  No enchanted skills. Really basic in every sense.

Where can this person reasonably hunt solo?

Where can this person hunt in groups with any person with same level of equipment? Can they do any of the daily party instances, including the new one? 

 

Hi, you need to go to Blazzing Swamp if you are Long Distance DD or War Torn if you are a Melee DD until level 106. You must be almost three in party, i suggest you 1 Tank, 1 ISS and 1 DD. You can do that alone with one computer. In the meantime, yoy must do Kartia Labyrinth according to your level in Aden NPC Karina, do Level 100 first until you have the second exalted quest completed with enchanted weapon, next, go to level 105 until you are 109.

In the meantime, go to COALMINES, is really important that Timed Zone to Grow up fast.

When you Hit Lv. 106 go to Beleth Magic Circle in Hellbound to continue until 107, next go Phantasmal Ridge in the same region or Enchante Valley to. You can go there until 108. In the meantime, try to do with a 7 party of those levels Timed Zone Imperial Tomb,  that zone is the most similar to Coalmines, you can grow up fast there until Lv.109, good adena too.

With my suggestion of the first Party of 3 with Tank, ISS and a DD, you need to try to find, almost another player in the same situation to help you.

You need for example: 1 Tank to protect party, 1 ISS to Enchant Party, and then: DD, DD, DD, DD. I Suggest to you 1: Feoh for Area Damage, 2: Yull for Area Damage and Half Kill with x2 Pinpoint Shot in macro, 3: Eviscerator to lethal strikes with RED PUNCH 4: TYRR for Area Damage/Single or Othell for Only Single but HALF-KILL absolutely necesary to kill in Imperial Tomb.

For Last, if you have another player to help you, use the last slot of party 7 to have another DD, for example the lasts i suggest you before, use TYRR and OTHEL both. Or you can use the last slot for a HEALER if your tank cannot resist.

TO YOU AND EVERYBODY WANT TO PLAY L2 WITH CERO REALMONEY, IT IS POSSIBLE, MY PARTY IS TOTALLY EXALTED WITH BASIC GEAR, WE ARE 4 LV.109, 2 LV. 8 AND 1 LV.107 ALMOST LV.108, BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW ANOTHER THING, SOMETIMES NCSOFT GIVE FREE EVENTS WHEN YOU CAN OBTAIN ITEMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO IMPROVE YOU OR SELL FOR ADENA. WITH THESE, YOU CAN HAVE BETTER GEAR SLOWLY BUT CONSTANT.

4 YEARS SINCE I PLAY, IF YOU LIKE L2, YOU CAN DO THAT TOO.

good luck and if you need something else tell it.

Reggards from Exalted

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kale said:

 

TO YOU AND EVERYBODY WANT TO PLAY L2 WITH CERO REALMONEY, IT IS POSSIBLE, MY PARTY IS TOTALLY EXALTED WITH BASIC GEAR, WE ARE 4 LV.109, 2 LV. 8 AND 1 LV.107 ALMOST LV.108, BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW ANOTHER THING, SOMETIMES NCSOFT GIVE FREE EVENTS WHEN YOU CAN OBTAIN ITEMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO IMPROVE YOU OR SELL FOR ADENA. WITH THESE, YOU CAN HAVE BETTER GEAR SLOWLY BUT CONSTANT.

this is where you are wrong, right now, with 2x boosts that the mobs got, it is impossible to do that even slowly... it does not matter if you have the best and most stacked party, the january update and the one last week made sure that with regular exalted you cant do shit.

And yes, if you have a group and play every day, you can manage your drops, sell all the PI/crisis and get gear slowly, that was totaly doable, 6 months ago!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Connex said:

this is where you are wrong, right now, with 2x boosts that the mobs got, it is impossible to do that even slowly... it does not matter if you have the best and most stacked party, the january update and the one last week made sure that with regular exalted you cant do shit.

And yes, if you have a group and play every day, you can manage your drops, sell all the PI/crisis and get gear slowly, that was totaly doable, 6 months ago!

Yeap, i agree with you, NCSoft made a mistake with empower the mobs, that discourages to play, maybe they fix that, i hope so, but in the meantime we need to adapt to these changes, if is necesary, go to a lower level zones, for example: if anyone got troubles to survive in Beleth Magic Circle with a party of Three Lv.106, go to War Torn / Blazzing Swamp until hit Lv.107. If Castilla Labyrinth 105 in Lv.106 is impossible, go Castilla Labyrinth Lv.100 until hit lv.107 and so on with the areas that I said before.

Another Example: In Coalmines the better way to level up is with a Tank or Tank + Healer calling the most number of mobs you can, and then, killing all them with the DDs. But if the Tank cannot resist, stay in a corner callin less mobs. 

I Think allways it's possible, i never say to a Beginer Player that he/she CAN´T do it, because this is not true. Allways can if anyone find the way.

But again, i agree with you, NCSOFT need to improve their decisions to make ALL PEOPLE in ALL LEVELS feel always PROGRESION, THAT'S WHAT THIS GAME IS ABOUT. ty for your coments Connex

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing this no money investment in this game right now . I do have the option to play with 4 accounts at the same time and this is the way i found best for me: Eva.s templar(i prefer orcs ), swordwsinger, hierophant and dreadnought ((dark elf)dread has good damage with low gear and also cool stuns which help a lot on higher mobs zones)) .  On main i went 1 tank 1 buffer and 2 dd till 105  in blazing  and after on dual i made the party from above . As investments : the one i made tank all the 16 Rune Stones from clan quests i invested at tank : Aura , swordsinger: assault dance and fantasia harmony, hierophant: fantasia melody and POM, dread: Winged spear and effective polearm mastery. With the party mention above i stood till lvl 101 in bloody swamp and right after in beleth till 108 and now i am tanor with no problems at leaving all the time afk. I can also do any timed instance , eva is the best at taking dmg with nice self heals and -15% mana compsumption , sws for more party mana , pp for best combo buff on dread ( love his stuns and nice dmg with crap items). When it comes to adena : oly oly oly :D . Hope someone will find this usefull 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 11:08 PM, Quinshou said:

I am doing this no money investment in this game right now . I do have the option to play with 4 accounts at the same time and this is the way i found best for me: Eva.s templar(i prefer orcs ), swordwsinger, hierophant and dreadnought ((dark elf)dread has good damage with low gear and also cool stuns which help a lot on higher mobs zones)) .  On main i went 1 tank 1 buffer and 2 dd till 105  in blazing  and after on dual i made the party from above . As investments : the one i made tank all the 16 Rune Stones from clan quests i invested at tank : Aura , swordsinger: assault dance and fantasia harmony, hierophant: fantasia melody and POM, dread: Winged spear and effective polearm mastery. With the party mention above i stood till lvl 101 in bloody swamp and right after in beleth till 108 and now i am tanor with no problems at leaving all the time afk. I can also do any timed instance , eva is the best at taking dmg with nice self heals and -15% mana compsumption , sws for more party mana , pp for best combo buff on dread ( love his stuns and nice dmg with crap items). When it comes to adena : oly oly oly :D . Hope someone will find this usefull 

Other words, you have to login almost full party to be able to kill mobs match your level...

Yes it is possible, but I see no reason do the same..

Maybe, in next 2 years, your party will reach 110.. Maybe, in next 2 years, devs will reorganize Tanor for 110 levels... And, probably, you will stay there for the next N years... 🥳 

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements
Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I think your clanmates are doomed to fail, even if they start low and try to enjoy little things in the game like I used to they will not be able to keep up with mobs getting stronger with each update. Their slow progress will be ruined by the developers who instead of adding new content keep messing up what we have.

For example, two updates ago I farmed afk with 2 boxes at FoM (109 location), last update pushed me back to 107 locations and the most recent one I was forced to go back to Silent Valley (105 location!). This is ridiculous and no longer fun. Not only I do not benefit from they little things I obtain, but I am struggling with things which used to be easy (for example castilla 110).
And mind you my gear is not pure exalted, I got low tier stuff which I have acquired over the years such as abundance lvl1, insanity, venir 20, monkey's belt and some other items... even one mid-tier thing which is blessed valakas with -3% skill cd. But I do not progress fast enough to keep up and I'm out.
  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites

Helv I have bee in FoM since 106 in October.

I kept up with the joneses per say but all that has done instead of backsliding im on a treadmill still in FoM as I usually start to move up and then a update hits and back to FoM i go.  Ironically I been there for many levels I am really getting sick of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Helv said:

Overall I think your clanmates are doomed to fail, even if they start low and try to enjoy little things in the game like I used to they will not be able to keep up with mobs getting stronger with each update. Their slow progress will be ruined by the developers who instead of adding new content keep messing up what we have.

For example, two updates ago I farmed afk with 2 boxes at FoM (109 location), last update pushed me back to 107 locations and the most recent one I was forced to go back to Silent Valley (105 location!). This is ridiculous and no longer fun. Not only I do not benefit from they little things I obtain, but I am struggling with things which used to be easy (for example castilla 110).
And mind you my gear is not pure exalted, I got low tier stuff which I have acquired over the years such as abundance lvl1, insanity, venir 20, monkey's belt and some other items... even one mid-tier thing which is blessed valakas with -3% skill cd. But I do not progress fast enough to keep up and I'm out.
  •  

pardon me but what class are you running that u can't "do" (struggle) castilla 110 with that gear? just the blessed valakas should be enough to afford a decent gear for you to not be struggling anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...