Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection

Hime

Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Herald of Light update overall?

• I’m enjoying it.
    • I feel neutral about it.
    • I am not enjoying it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2021 at 05:00 AM

• L2 Team

Hello All,

On Wednesday, we launched the Herald of Light content update. If you have had the chance to log in, please let us know what you think of the update overall with our poll.

Also, we have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the contents of the update specifically. Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

I said no for a few reasons

1.  Neutral zone - area redone should been part of the last update in February when people that range was struggling

2.  If you remove the neutral zone area this is really not an update but more a large weekly patch - making mobs harder AGAIN not learning your lesson from August Update 2020 or Feb 2021 update.

3.  Every other territory has gotten the coin shop but us and you continue with the whack a mole boxes and honestly most of us getting tired of it.  It does not inject the needed items into the economy.

4.  Major items needed:  Brooch jewels at min level 5 or greater, gem powder cheap to upgrade our unupgradable brooches, blood and dark armor stones so people can make r 110 armor sets, enchant rates on armor below +10 return to prior of Feb 2021 update, cloaks that actually enchant safely to +10 even if it cost more because at his point the pricing on those cloaks is insane, elycum dropping from mobs even if its a rare drop in place like PI or out of Field of Crysis, at least give us a way to work towards it.

5.  Stop making things harder if the people are struggling already.  We are not all asking for god jewels or dragon weapons just basics all the other regions already have.

6.  In the next update GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS.  Please add quests, mythos, explanation on these areas some fantasy this is still a RPG game right?  Simple fix reactivate the different factions at least they gave you something to do and work for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

very low confidence in you when I take into account how serious you got the last 20+ page feedback thread, but here goes i short:

pros:

new zone is great concerning xp, group making and adenas for people under 110. the bad thing is it is better than higher lvl areas, attracking super high lvled people or ppl with dragon weapons etc taking the spots form people with no other area to lvl up. This does not mean "oh nerf this area" means boost the higher areas. 

the increased adenas in IoP is a possitive change

patch notes were out early for once

cons

insane boost to mobs. they do too much dmg. 105-109 people are struggling. 

i repeat myself and sound like a broken record. Ingame progression is 0. Yeah, we all understand the lootboxes keep the lights up for ffs there is no actual reason to play. 0 actual content. Events, quests and loot are nowhere to be seen. 2 new areas and 10 pages on blesses rings are not content.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

How could anyone enjoy seeing his char getting weaker in half a day? 

Like i said, in any game, just like any other activity, you would expect to get better as you invest in it. We spend time and money to progress, and then un ”update” comes that downgrades our chars back a few months and negates all the money spent on it. What can keep us motivated to continue playing if this update comes and we realize we just lost a few months and some money with absolutely no gain? We could pick up and try to move forward, but forward to what, more ”updates” like this one that pushes our chars back to close to when we started playing, after years of play and the money we spent?

Leaving aside the fact that no changes to field mobs were announced, what made you think this server needed a slow down? The levels of the players that are far below than all the other regions? The items that have seen little to no progress in the last few months? The constant lowering level of activity and new players?

About the new region, all good, except the fact that the way it was introduced excludes exactly the players it was designed for. People have written enough on this subject, it's 1-2 topics below.

Taking interest into the matter is a nice step forward, but i think a badly needed one, because, not necessarily this change on its own, but the direction it's showing makes a lot of people really reconsider investing anything into this game, either time or money. We are left with a feeling of uncertainty, not knowing if our work will be erased in 1 month or 2, but definitely expecting it to be erased. Doesn't seem to be worth it anymore...

• Like 1

Hello,

Will show few problem about this new content.

1. Neutral zone location. Its good location for party exp on lower lvls then people who can participate Ketra/Varka.

Problem: high lvl gear people can farm easier there adena, for example me 200m per 1h alone on dual class.
How to fix: nerf adena and people who really need exp will stay there (not solo location like Tanor/Silence, etc).

2. Krofin 110 – I did this instance without big problem because have not bad setup, but hear about many partys fail on this instances and its waste time (event not give scrolls, long time etc.. if we compare with rest same 110 instances).

How to fix? Even if remove shield - ppl will not go same instance. Try add reward from event to this instance for some reason  to go.

3. Fallen Angel Ring upgrade.  For +10 Ring need to have 6000 Fallen Angel Ring’s Box. It’s very high amount.
From +6 each up must be +100, +7 – 200, +8 – 300, +9 – 400, + 10 – 500.

4. Dragon Shirt Augment Stone? Nice update but there no way how to get it, event from l2 store give low chance for this. From current 1 LS can have from 4k NCoins +-.

Our game miss way how to use adena to people who have it on high amount. We have bad economic and huge inflation.

Thanks.

• Like 1

New Neutral Zone: Good for low players. The bad about it: high level players abuse the high adena drop there.

Bad:

Isle of Souls: Adena increased a lot making pointless going 112 spot except top ranking of server.

Time Hunting Zones difficulty: I don't understand why make things harder I have good gear and 110 Level and two hit all mobs at most but it takes less than 3 seconds to die if I stop the macro... I can tell how bad it is for a average player to hunt in there.

Lack of content and item flow: No new content is boring and too much lack of items missing in game.

my attack attribute on weapon is fluctuating 130 points.  toi harder as is fafurion.  meanwhile i have added +10% pskill crt dmg.  enchanting rate is totally unacceptable with 90% fails.  and spent 250 dollars for 2 dragon shirt augment stones.  wtf kinda game you think you making?

I have just recently came back to Naia with a goal to invest a bit into ncoin, just to make my toon able to participate in dailies with clan mates. 

Unfortunately,  I just now realize it will be just impossible to catch up without putting literally thousands of dollars into game, where after one patch all that progress will be lost.

New zone is cool, but I need to rely on others to deal enough damage for it be profitable. All other content is now out of my league, again...

I will just wait a bit and see if there will be any will from GMs to address this. Otherwise I will throw my money elsewhere. 

@Hime @Juji @LIME

The update was great.  1) Put more areas with adena drops.  110+ areas plus an 108 area. This encourages new and old players to buy a prestige pack.  2) All players need to upgrade their defenses.  it's no use having damage just to farm adena.  players need defense.  the mobs have been updated.  3) put enshaind shop, to lower consumable items values.  buying directly from adena example 5000 coins for 10 dollar.  For example on live servers from other regions OPAL 5 costs 3200 coins.  And on most servers it is traded at 1kk 1 coin.  Sells books, Argument Stones, Forgotten lv1, consumables like rose, beer cocktail and others, dark and bloody stones.  Scroll of Cloaks.  4) Place events by ncoin with items coming out frequently.  5) Adena drop in other areas encourages the purchase of the prestige pack.  6) The players in this community only complain they put the Greedy they asked to take it off.  put adena for mid grade players.  they complain to withdraw.  The truth is strong players or old players don't want to see anything being updated or helping new players.  They want to monopolize the items and the adena so they can sell the adena.

A few notes:

- Neutral zone: It's something that should be added on the previous update and, although it's very welcome (107-110 lvls are an issue atm for new players) the area has an unusual high amount of adena drop making it tasty to high lvl players. So much that the area is completely filled with them. There is no space for a 107 party to go there.

To solve it i would suggest either nerf the adena drops, make it in a way that only a 107-110 range party can acquire such high amount of adena (i imagine that's very hard to do) or just repurpose some outdated areas and make them similar to Neutral zone, making it possible for everyone to play. (Most of the Schuttgart area is filled with outdated content that could be revamped into places like neutral zone)

- Krofin 110: Although the concept is interesting, the way it was implemented makes it a bit useless. The time it takes to finish the instance is too long considering the reward you get in the end.

In this case the solution is either decrease the difficult of the instance or drastically increase the reward of it.

It's sort of obvious now that NCKorea is drastically reducing the development in the game but i honestly think it's a mistake launching content like this. Updates shouldn't be defined by a single date where korea compiles stuff and launch it here. The content that is in this large updates should have some logic. (ex: Neutral zone didn't make the cut by 1 week and that is a content that made total sense in being in the last update)

So updates should be grouped when there's enough content to launch it. This content should have been delayed until there were conditions to launch it with the Death Knight update. (itself already a very short update)

As a side note, may i ask why the feedback request? Never seen you guys (or Korea) caring about it so why would be different now?

@Juji @Hime @LIME

Ok, I don't think much will come of this review/feedback post but owell, here goes:

Neutral Zone – This area is dropping 4-5 times as much adena as any other open world zone.  It is being abused by higher level players because it is the single best income source outside of ToI and IoS.  If the intent was to make a ketra/sos for 106-109 people, you actually just created a new Plunderous Plains.

Solution: You could male Ketra and Sea of Spores equal the adena output of Neutral Zone.  However, I don’t think that will fix the issue.  Making the adena drop in line with Ketra/Sea of Spores is probably the more appropriate option.

Isle of Souls 1 – The adena drop amount of this area was raised to be almost the same as Isle of Souls 2.  This makes it much more profitable for high level players to use alt yuls, swap gear, and farm 2x spots all around the clock.  With that said, this change has made me start playing my yul dual again as it farms more adena than my main in Isle of Souls 2 (AoE vs Single Target).

Solution: Raise Isle of Souls 2 adena drop by 50% - 100% so that there is a clear difference between the 2 zones.  It shouldn’t be more profitable to farm IoS on my 110 alt as opposed to my 118 main.

Decreasing IoS1 adena is not a good solution.  Increasing IoS2 adena is a good solution.

Krofin 110 – The XP reward for doing this dungeon isn’t worth the effort.  Like the previous Krofin, most people skipped doing it.  This will unfortunately be the same for most who do the 110 dailies.

Solution: Raise XP reward by at least 2x, maybe 3x.  You could also look into adding actual drops to the dailies, such as bloody/dark armor stones for a start.

Dragon Shirt Augment Stone – I was very excited about this feature finally coming to our region.  It is one of the few things I was excited for in this “update”.  However, sadly, this new content is hidden behind a very steep pay wall on the current event.  10b/stone or 4k ncoin/stone is absurd. 

Solution: Give an event focusing on these stones for a reasonable price. 

The way this entire “feature” was rolled out is just plain insulting to a regularly paying customer who is end game and needing this feature.

Swamp of Screams Time Reduction – I don’t understand this change.  This is needed by the mid tier people to catch up to the top level people and the best xp in the game.  There was always PvP during the later swamp session as it co-aligns with blood swords.  This was literally the only way to raise your XP bar in a non XP event time.  Reducing the time of this is not good for our playerbase.

Solution: Change time back to 2 hours like before or make the xp the mobs give twice what it is now, so we have the same net gain in XP as before the update.

Fafurion Mob Reduction – I’m not opposed to this change as it prevents multi spot farming and promotes PvP for the best mob circles.  It will also slow down the few elites on the top.

Forrest Instance 110 – I have not done this instance yet, but from what I hear it is decent and worth doing.

Overall Opinion – I am pretty disappointed overall about this “update” as it does not feel like an update at all to me.  The new ToI floors missed the cut in Korea by 1 week for this update, which was the content all mid to high tier players wanted and needed to keep people logging in over the summer months.

The new feature of the dragon shirt augments cant be experienced by anyone due to the insane pay wall its hidden behind.  Next time, don’t list this as a main feature in an update and rather release it in the p2w event meant for it.  Doing this is just insulting.

This update doesn’t address anything that the players have been asking for and complaining about over the past 2-3 months on your forums:

·       L Coin store which all other regions have

·       Clan War system and PvP in general are non existant due to the 14- man clan issue and how wars are started

·       Lack of methods in game to get any required items for upgrades of gear and events have not been injecting needed items bck into the game economy

·       Inventory Swap Limit for Main/Dual class swapping is still a major issue for every player

·       999 Weapon and/or Attack Element is still an issue for most all players who don’t have a $4k-$5k+ weapon.  This element is absolutely needed for end game players

·       Cost structure of events is getting ridiculous causing more people to quit or leave for Core

·       2 main dragons are disabled – any plans to turn these back on?

·       Factions are gone and never coming back?

I hope someone from Korea reads these reviews.  This is a very poor update and needs some tweaks to make it enjoyable.

• Like 2

Why make only 1 area? , like the game does not have enough problems, no spots to farm, so this Neutral zone will be just one more problem making people squeeze more chicken 🐔,  so all the server will fight for 1 area, and what about the rest of the game map?, wasted map, catacombs necropolis, monastery of silence........make all the game playable. 

why don't you make all the zones in the game the same with good xp and drop? The game has a big map and nice zones and people can go where they want according to their lvl and  farm 🚜 , not wasting time funding a spot, so you pay to play but do not have where to play so pk.

• Like 2

When you change  to dual ore back to main the collection stats do not apply, ore when you reset your ability points collection stats dissappear, and you have to restart the game so the collection stats will  apply again.

Why don't you fix that?

Why would you make only 1 zone with adenas increased intead making all 105+ areas adenas increase atleast 50-100%? I am sure they dont have enough computers or even so increase some areas not every area because i  went to neutral zone and it was smaller than a town LOL, maximum 7 parties? if anyone have counted...You dont need to ask us how was the update if we enjoy it or not for the 5-6 years i am playing l2 EVERY UPDATE IS BAD TO WORST.You know that very well you could check your forum files and see every update how many people complain about it and how many gave good feedbacks i bet not even 10 people gave feedbacks.Anyway your game needs to fixed A LOT example option to block hero voice instead of blocking them....Craft is dead no more adenas from there.Drops are also dead.You could also add to zones 105+ a drop list of items instead of those boxes which rlly rare drops aden chests...Like make mobs drop EAR/EWR/BEAR/BEWR/GEAR/GEWR since you dont wanna give armors to your people give them scrolls which is more usefull to enchant their items....Upgrade brooch is pain in the ass 440 gemstone powders we dont even farm so many in event with jewels xD because if you open random chests you cant give them all to powders... ruby/red cat are needed why would you give them to powders? not only red cat or ruby many other jewels.You havent thought at Neutral zone many heroes will go there as alt and farm adenas since its 24/7 zone they can farm adenas as long as they want who will stop them ?And since toi and ios is not worthing because its only 3 hours xD and Neutral is 24/7 what the players would prefer? buying ncoins or stones with game adenas or stay there 24/7? If i have their gear i would stay Neutral all month till you remove increased adenas :), Some spots specially in EV/DESERT QUARRY/ and some other places mobs are in rocks which if you dont have provoke/Provoke Aura you cant target them...Well yeah technically if you play with hands you can target them with your mouse but if you are afk working/sleeping? How would you know if you exp Fine or not fine? Before you introduce new areas zones first fix your rest zones which they become crap.Also now we gonna speak about how you keep a server.We really dont care if server is light or normal either heavy.Because makes no sense we are on 2021 DEV teams should had enough space for all players even if we dont have queue now i am just saying right...Upgrade your gameplay i mean l2 is not only PVP/SIEGE/FARM but quests etc etc rewards from quests and drops ofc because the only good drops i have seen in the game for the last 5-6 years right now is dragon raids which you need an unselfish clan for that.I am not pointing fingers to anybody but most of them who going dragon raids keep the most value items for their own.But anyway if you introduce some drops in the game again because example primeval isnt a big deal i mean ok prestige and destiny pack you are eviscarator for example.Middle gear you gonna get around 10-15 scrolls which is okay but for the new players/free players which you wanna kick them out because its clearly you buffed mobs and all other stuff on this update just to kick new players.Worst thing you have done is 260 or 240 Either per day which makes the game and market SLOW AF i am not gonna wait 2 months to craft example 1 r110 weapon 11k either with 60% chance which 60% CHANCE IS 20% for NCWEST options.I hope i covered as many as possible people in these small thoughs of mines have fun enjoy your game hope @Juji and the rest DEV TEAM to read this comment and open your eyes even if you could fix ETHERs drop 

10 minutes ago, Alchohealer said:

Why would you make only 1 zone with adenas increased intead making all 105+ areas adenas increase atleast 50-100%? I am sure they dont have enough computers or even so increase some areas not every area because i  went to neutral zone and it was smaller than a town LOL, maximum 7 parties? if anyone have counted...You dont need to ask us how was the update if we enjoy it or not for the 5-6 years i am playing l2 EVERY UPDATE IS BAD TO WORST.You know that very well you could check your forum files and see every update how many people complain about it and how many gave good feedbacks i bet not even 10 people gave feedbacks.Anyway your game needs to fixed A LOT example option to block hero voice instead of blocking them....Craft is dead no more adenas from there.Drops are also dead.You could also add to zones 105+ a drop list of items instead of those boxes which rlly rare drops aden chests...Like make mobs drop EAR/EWR/BEAR/BEWR/GEAR/GEWR since you dont wanna give armors to your people give them scrolls which is more usefull to enchant their items....Upgrade brooch is pain in the ass 440 gemstone powders we dont even farm so many in event with jewels xD because if you open random chests you cant give them all to powders... ruby/red cat are needed why would you give them to powders? not only red cat or ruby many other jewels.You havent thought at Neutral zone many heroes will go there as alt and farm adenas since its 24/7 zone they can farm adenas as long as they want who will stop them ?And since toi and ios is not worthing because its only 3 hours xD and Neutral is 24/7 what the players would prefer? buying ncoins or stones with game adenas or stay there 24/7? If i have their gear i would stay Neutral all month till you remove increased adenas :), Some spots specially in EV/DESERT QUARRY/ and some other places mobs are in rocks which if you dont have provoke/Provoke Aura you cant target them...Well yeah technically if you play with hands you can target them with your mouse but if you are afk working/sleeping? How would you know if you exp Fine or not fine? Before you introduce new areas zones first fix your rest zones which they become crap.Also now we gonna speak about how you keep a server.We really dont care if server is light or normal either heavy.Because makes no sense we are on 2021 DEV teams should had enough space for all players even if we dont have queue now i am just saying right...Upgrade your gameplay i mean l2 is not only PVP/SIEGE/FARM but quests etc etc rewards from quests and drops ofc because the only good drops i have seen in the game for the last 5-6 years right now is dragon raids which you need an unselfish clan for that.I am not pointing fingers to anybody but most of them who going dragon raids keep the most value items for their own.But anyway if you introduce some drops in the game again because example primeval isnt a big deal i mean ok prestige and destiny pack you are eviscarator for example.Middle gear you gonna get around 10-15 scrolls which is okay but for the new players/free players which you wanna kick them out because its clearly you buffed mobs and all other stuff on this update just to kick new players.Worst thing you have done is 260 or 240 Either per day which makes the game and market SLOW AF i am not gonna wait 2 months to craft example 1 r110 weapon 11k either with 60% chance which 60% CHANCE IS 20% for NCWEST options.I hope i covered as many as possible people in these small thoughs of mines have fun enjoy your game hope @Juji and the rest DEV TEAM to read this comment and open your eyes even if you could fix ETHERs drop 

I know guys iam off from the topic they ask feedback on update they did 3 days ago.But my opinion is MAKE L2 PAY TO PLAY 10 USD PER MONTH OR PERMA UNLOCK ACCOUNT TO PLAY BUT BEFORE THEY DO THAT fix zones fix chances the REAL CHANCES of crafting etc also chances for EVENTS  Yet they say dragon weapon standart or top grade but the chance is 0,0000000001%Which they know korea has more money than europe because mostly are europes here.

There only intention is to make the game harder  to play so people will  pay more and more money to play, and every update  shows that , and when people can not pay enough they deceive them to buy boxes.

The new r110 armor  and weapons are ugly in my opinion, they do not even bother to make the itmes  look good, all they care is money 

I went to Neutral Zone, but couldn't find any open spot to hunt. Lots of area and plenty of useless mobs in DE and LE areas. Why not clear out those areas and add the new 107 mobs there, too? Stupid.

I went to New Forest Instance. I died in 3-4 hits. All mobs are pink to me, so I question why put those mobs in that instance if it's supposed to be for 105? Again, more stupidity. But I guess the point is to get people who are 105-107 to sell a kidney before they can play this game.  No point in continuing Prestige at this point. And the Blessed Exalted really pointless if you can't stay upright in it for longer than a few hits. It's no better than Eternal or regular Exalted from that standpoint. Pathetic.

I could give suggestions on how to improve this game, but you already know what it takes. You're just doing the opposite because "mammon" isn't just an NPC. It's the god you worship.

You keep adding adena to the market while removing drops and lowering enchant and promo rates. Lv5 jewels and barely enchanted cloaks cost hundreds of billions. Those who need them can't afford them and those who don't won't sell them for less because prices just keep going up.

Neutral zone is yet another example of something that should've been added months ago and wasn't given much thought before being implemented. Of course those who can solo it will because the adena is very good. Adding a box in the party (even with prestige and even if it's in town) nerfs the adena drops in a party zone. Great thinking there.

Making mobs hit harder yet again has both cons and pros. On the one hand it keeps those dreaded exalted pet groups in the trash zones where they belong, but it also screws with less geared legit players who are unable to keep up.

Can we get some actual content instead of the same instances we've been doing day in and day out for years getting slightly or majorly harder with each "update"? Can we get much needed items like lv5 brooch jewels, gem powders, star signs, bloody/dark stones etc? Can we get decent enchant rates so +7 cloaks or +10 sets don't cost hundreds of billions?

• Like 1

Update is not meant for us. Period.

This update is aimed to other regions that have items in shop that we only get from promos at very high prices, I speak for myself, I can't afford to pay 500€ month if my wage is around 700€ lol.

You do realize there are people here who enjoy playing for free and when they finally start getting somewhere you make things harder. Why make lower zones harder instead of boosting high level zones only?

• Like 1