Classic Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection

Hime

Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Herald of Light update overall?

• I’m enjoying it.
    • I feel neutral about it.
    • I am not enjoying it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2021 at 06:59 AM

• L2 Team

Hello All,

Last Wednesday, we launched the Herald of Light content update. If you have had the chance to log in, please let us know what you think of the update overall with our poll.

Also, we have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the contents of the update specifically. Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

Well, the damage nerf is disgusting, as a almost new player I was trying hard to get some gear to be able to farm, but after that nerf I’m alrdy 2-3 months back…that makes me don’t even wanna log in any more

Haha, what is this survery going to do? Is not like ncsoft ever listen to player feedback for anything. Many bugs reported, many improvements players and community asked for but nothing ever gets done. They only thing they are good at is making more p2w event with low rates of getting anything good. Is all about $$

well, soulshot dmg hit really hard but okey.  but the thing that was really   is breaking my mind is mass dc´s of my account always in the same hours 1 AM -5 AM 

this happen to several players .

20 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello All,

Last Wednesday, we launched the Herald of Light content update. If you have had the chance to log in, please let us know what you think of the update overall with our poll.

Also, we have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the contents of the update specifically. Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

Constructive Criticism:

1. Neutral Zone: It is nice to see a party hunting zone added for the 107-110 range. For the number of people wanting to farm the area for adena or exp there aren't enough mobs to meet demand. 

2. Neutral Zone: ISSUE - The fact that the adena drops are x3 higher than the highest solo hunting zone in game (Wasteland) drives many users to playing alts and hunt in the Neutral zone. Making adena more accessible to lower levels may be nice but the fact that it is so imbalanced from solo or other party hunting zones will continue to draw many users to this zone.  POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS - Increase adena across all zones (solo/party) so that Neutral zone isn't as appealing. This provides more adena to everyone and reduces the appeal for EVERYONE to farm this zone simply because it is better adena. Alternatively, reduce adena reward for this zone so it is balanced with all other zones. This provides a party exp zone to lower levels but not adena.

3. IoS 1: Increased adena here is nice and bridges the gap between the two zones for players.

4. Increased adena in zones: ISSUE - The increase in adena across zones without making items more accessible in game is flooding the market with adena for characters who are already powerful enough to farm and driving up the prices of items. This means that those characters that were already struggling to make any adena for upgrades are still struggling to acquire enough gear to continue character development. Simply increasing mod difficulty and adding more adena isn't going to help those that need help. POSSIBLE SOLUTION - Make all items/enchanting in game more accessible to players (example: artifacts, jewels, brooch upgrades, agathion bracelet upgrades, augments...etc). 

5. Flagging AOEs: I would have preferred a fix to AOE skills flagging in the patch. This really needs to be addresses for all classes that have AOE skills that continue to flag them when afk and encouraging people to harass players constantly without repercussion. 

You truly have hard decisions on game mechanics, enchant rates, adena rates, item acquisition and quest appeal. The game feels like an "afk" farming game for people willing to drop hundreds/thousands of dollars in order to experience all game content. Best of luck!

P.S. 

I would love to see a developer attempt to reach endgame content/gear within 1-2 years, from scratch, anonymously, and spend less than $500 in the NCstore.

2 hours ago, asdfasdfasdf said:

Constructive Criticism:

1. Neutral Zone: It is nice to see a party hunting zone added for the 107-110 range. For the number of people wanting to farm the area for adena or exp there aren't enough mobs to meet demand. 

Wrong forum section. This is for classic.

22 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello All,

Thank you!

First of all. Do you guys even test your patches or just blindly patch and hope for the best? That seems to be a common theme. SS damage is super nerfed, you nerfed crit rate on runes  when u upgrade them and some toons like a GK need that extra crit rate from the old runes  (especially in this case) which gave 325 or more, but now we have to settle for 140 from a 19 which is twice the work than the rune before with less. Makes sense right. 

Now about your enchant rates/business model. You keep rates low on almost everything. The rates for combining hardin runes awful so is the drop rate, but hey you got to make money some how. You go oops we forgot to put new runes back into the games drop table...but funny how I find that highly doubtful as you were probably hoping people would buy your confidently places hard/aden runes in the NCcoin gold bar event shop. Huh, forgot to put the new runes into drop tables, but you made sure to have those new runes in your $$ store. Nice! You dangle that chance to get something out of your loot boxes, but most know it's just a way to get people to spend more $$, and we end up with rez scrolls and useless crap.  

• Like 3

• Added new Soul Crystals to the rewards of Hunting Zones and raids.

Hunting Zones That Drop Aden Soul Crystals

Tower of Insolence 1st Floor

Dragon Valley

Antharas' Lair

Imperial Tomb

Hunting Zones That Drop Hardin Soul Crystals

Tower of Insolence 2nd Floor and higher

Anakim Raid

Lilith Raid

I farm for days in that Zones and  no drops, i kill that raids and NO drop runes, Please be more specific and say where they drop and don't drop, because normal raids no longer drop, they have been tested by many players and they don't drop any rune.

With the Sigil  happends again, that sigil will drop from Mobs -Raids too? B grade Sigil and S grade Sigil info is missing...........where can they be found?

• New armor 'Sigil' added.

• The Sigil can be used even when doublehanded weapons are being used.

• Enhance can be done in the same manner as previous Shield items.

• A-grade Sigil can be obtained from random crafting.

• No-grade/D/C grade Sigil can be purchased in the Armor Store.                                                                                                                                                                       

2 minutes ago, xKolxx said:
  • Added new Soul Crystals to the rewards of Hunting Zones and raids.

Hunting Zones That Drop Aden Soul Crystals

Tower of Insolence 1st Floor

Dragon Valley

Antharas' Lair

Imperial Tomb

Hunting Zones That Drop Hardin Soul Crystals

Tower of Insolence 2nd Floor and higher

Anakim Raid

Lilith Raid

I farm for days in that Zones and  no drops, i kill that raids and NO drop runes, Please be more specific and say where they drop and don't drop, because normal raids no longer drop, they have been tested by many players and they don't drop any rune.

With the Sigil  happends again, that sigil will drop from Mobs -Raids too? B grade Sigil and S grade Sigil info is missing...........where can they be found?

• New armor 'Sigil' added.

• The Sigil can be used even when doublehanded weapons are being used.

• Enhance can be done in the same manner as previous Shield items.

• A-grade Sigil can be obtained from random crafting.

• No-grade/D/C grade Sigil can be purchased in the Armor Store.                                                                                                                                                                       

i did get 2 aden soul crystals lv1 in DV after 2 days 

All your updates do not reflect what the majority of your players want.  I was personally hoping for new locations to hunt and adjusted drop rates so we can afford to farm with shots, ores, potions, etc...  The game is grossly saturated and people have to kill each other just to have a decent place to hunt.  The game is also in a wreck because of all the FARM-BOTS dominating questing areas, as well as favorable hunting spots.  And, why don't you bring back the option where we can sell materials back to the NPC shops for adena.  Someone told me NC Soft removed that option to limit the farmers, and now all they do is leave all the junk materials on the ground scattered everywhere, which is probably responsible for the poor latency and lag in the game.  The horrific amount of P2W items in the game has caused an extreme imbalance in the game.  The server seems one-sided to me and a few people control every aspect, event, and content of the game.  Also, there is absolutely no competition due to the fact that the majority of players (co-dependent ones) want to win all the time, so they end up joining the winning side, rather than trying to balance the game and fighting against the stronger team.  

The PK system needs to be revamped because people can avoid Lv. 3 Observatory by working off their karma in a few minutes and go right back to PKing again.  Any high level player stacked with P2W items can PK anytime with very little consequence.  If challenged by an equally strong player they can simply BSOE!  The risk of losing items has the same probability as NC Soft listening to their community (.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%). 

PLEASE STOP wasting your resources in trying to make new mobile versions of L2, which will most likely be a FAIL in the Americas, and start doing things to improve the original game which has held on to player base for over 21 years!  This game has proven time and time again that it CANNOT BE REPLACED and DESERVES to be improved NOT JUST FOR PROFIT, but for the GAME QUALITY for the players who continue to stay LOYAL.   We understand that businesses are here to profit, but there has to be a balance!  Why don't you make a survey in the community asking from 1-10 how greedy the community believes NC Soft is?  I'm sure NC Soft will already know the outcome of that survey!  You guys are treating this game like a drug knowing that many of your players are helplessly addicted.  If you want to go to Heaven then do something good for your community.  Amen...

Love the game, but hate the marketing strategy...

1.  Lust  2.  Gluttony  3.  GREED  4.  Sloth  5.  Wrath  6.  Envy  7.  Pride

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello All,

Thank you!

• Skill Armor Crush does not consume HP anymore, only MP, while it should consume both HP and MP, please check and fix that, as this is one of the tools Titans and Grand Khavataris need
  • Physical classes extreme nerf:
    • Soulshot damage nerfed (that you already know). You can't say "fixed an issue to make damage match the description" after this "issue" was there for 1.5 years and it is major part of gameplay
    • There is no replacement for (at least) Othell Runes (which added fixed amount to P.Critical, i.e. Othell Super Focus added +325), so-called "replacement" crystal gives from 1% to 11% which is extreme reduction compared to what it was, you've basically killed all physical classes with this
  • Other crystal effects are less than useful (some of them might have been useful if there were no caps to almost all stats)
  • Removal of Sealed Rune lvl 1 from VIP coin shop without any warning (it was not in patch notes) is OUTRAGEOUS - I have at least $5000 worth of VIP coins I've planned to spend buying these before they would be gone and fully replaced with crystals
  • Crystals do not drop from raid bosses anymore and drop rate is extremely low - i.e. on TOI lv 1 I'm farming since restart and only got 5 Aden Crystals. Where players are supposed to obtain these?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Server problems started with new patch so you can get mad if you want but it's your job to address/fix those problems.
Patch like always are superficial but it's to be  expected at this point. When patches are so small you should switch to 2 month schedule which is realistic thing people could ask and ncsoft could decide its good idea.
Current  patch changes are  skills and new runes basically, nothing grand. About new skills we knew 4 months ago when the last update hit and we were upset because it went over the window of the stuff which gets put in the patch.
TLDR Patches are small, release them more often. There is no excuse for so big window for small patches which  basically only need localization.

Ps. Others who try to complain about Ncsoft business model or want some big changes don't waste your time.

3 minutes ago, Brothy said:

This survey seems like another attempt (like previous update feedback sections) to make us 'docile' in the belief that developers actually care about what we have to say.

Its the psychology trick most big companies use. But they did listen to some of the feedback in the past, just need to be realistic of what you are asking.

1 hour ago, Nevermind said:
  • Skill Armor Crush does not consume HP anymore, only MP, while it should consume both HP and MP, please check and fix that, as this is one of the tools Titans and Grand Khavataris need
  • Physical classes extreme nerf:
    • Soulshot damage nerfed (that you already know). You can't say "fixed an issue to make damage match the description" after this "issue" was there for 1.5 years and it is major part of gameplay
    • There is no replacement for (at least) Othell Runes (which added fixed amount to P.Critical, i.e. Othell Super Focus added +325), so-called "replacement" crystal gives from 1% to 11% which is extreme reduction compared to what it was, you've basically killed all physical classes with this
  • Other crystal effects are less than useful (some of them might have been useful if there were no caps to almost all stats)
  • Removal of Sealed Rune lvl 1 from VIP coin shop without any warning (it was not in patch notes) is OUTRAGEOUS - I have at least $5000 worth of VIP coins I've planned to spend buying these before they would be gone and fully replaced with crystals
  • Crystals do not drop from raid bosses anymore and drop rate is extremely low - i.e. on TOI lv 1 I'm farming since restart and only got 5 Aden Crystals. Where players are supposed to obtain these?

They put same new rune system in essence, where to get them you ask? Lootboxes is the answer.

4 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Essence is extreme P2W by design, this does not mean same should be applied to Classic.

Look at all the new items, check the collections what biggest items give. Check all the new armors and see where its going.
Classic is also p2w af we just don't have people here willing to get everything max. Some people  complain they can't farm toi anymore but they were never supposed to with low gear they had they just enjoyed devs mistake with shots, its top zone designed to be farmed with top gear.
Essence is ofc  even more p2w because you need to pay for every ress and don't even farm any adena if you don't have sayha but dont be mistaken old classic is gone.

1 hour ago, Brothy said:

This survey seems like another attempt (like previous update feedback sections) to make us 'docile' in the belief that developers actually care about what we have to say.

I totally agree, they ask for player feedback and we give them. But nothing ever get change.

Let's see where to start:

1) From the fact you made huge nerfs and changed basically 80% of how the players operate in-game and didn't even mention it in the patch notes.

2) With adding a new resource in-game(Hardin) that has an abysmal drop rate and only reliable way to get it is from the P2W shop.

3) To the fact that you think reducing dmg of mobs in DV and IT without changing anything else has any impact.

4) That you actually consider this to be an update just because you added what? a new P2W item?

5) Of having basically no new updates besides micro adjustments for over a year and an ever more aggressive P2W shop.

6) Failing to realize this is not Essence and you are essentially turning this server into Essence.

7) Lastly to the utter-pointlessness of this poll.

Maybe if we cry a lot Korea might revert back the soulshot damage BUT if you want this project to survive abit longer you need to either force Korea to adjust the game properly to OUR needs or get permission to make adjustments. Otherwise with 1-2 more "updates" like this i don't see the game surviving the coming winter.

• Like 1

Hello. I've been playing L2 for about 15 years. You guys made the absolute best game ever, and it's collapsing right now. The only chance is to simplify the rules: let's say $ 10 subscription and drop adena benefit + max 20% (better 10-15%) for subscribers, and for the rest who don't pay - free game and no drop + 15%. There can also be no character and gear upgrading items in the shop. Any other way will destroy the game completely and irretrievably. Of course, the penalties for PK should be changed - to be very severe - dissuasive "PK - afk".   I am asking players to vote on this idea

Remove all adena drops from low level areas such as Ruins of Agony, Abandon Camp, Cruma Tower all floors and all other field area below 80 hunting grounds.

Increase adena drop from Dragon Valley up to Tower of Insolence by 2-3 folds. Put adena drop only for VIP 10 and we will see a healthy servers again.

It is so simple.

• Haha 1

400 venir fragment = venir 6 (i had venir 7 when started to enchant). 

200 hardin's soul crystal = rune 6 (i had rune 7 when started to enchant). 

500 usd on loot box's = got nothing worth, exp cheap stuff and that kind of items. 

NOT WORTH YO PLAY HERE ANYMORE. Taking my already spent 10-15k usd somewhere else. And had more than 15k more to waste in games.