New player: How does gear progression work?

bravata

So i got the free dual-blades and moon armor, and i'm closing in on level 40, and i'm wondering what i should prepare for next towards upgrades when the dual-blades expire. Is it best to buy from NPC merchants? I have seen D-Grade on them, do they sell higher grades? I also see Player vendors selling amazing weapons, but they seem to be end game weapons and for ten's of millions.

So I'm wondering what the best path would be for me. Do i buy the D-grade from the NPC and save up for the mega million top tier weapons on player vendors? Do i make a Warsmith and craft my own weapons? Is there a place to buy mid tier C-A weapons? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i've tried searching but a lot of info seems outdated or for a different server ruleset.

if you doould nt have alot of funds try to skip D grade and get the Dual Storm bringers. ( you can buy them in the npc shop and go craft it your self) going to the blacksmith in town. Aden black smith you can make high level duals.

duals are pretty rare in game, due to they don't drop and most blade dancer just used some random duals. due to most people just use them for dances.

Gladiators use duals but those are a rare breed in game as well. 

mid grade C and up is only random craft, drops and other players

• Like 1

It all depends on how much adena you have and the type of weapon you need
At Giran's weapon shop, you can buy D weapons between 500K and 2KK adena and C weapons for 5kk.
C weapons are also purchased with D and C crystals in Giran's Luxury.
but you can look for offers from other players in Giran, (very rarely in Gludio), sometimes with 4kk you get a good C weapon and even today with 5kk there were B weapons (not top)
To better guide you, what race and profession is your character?

• Like 1

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

I'm a Phantom Ranger so i was looking for a bow now that i hit lvl 40. I found the D and C grade weapon shops, and i could manage the Adena over time so that's good, but i did see some A grade player vendor shops selling weapons for between 9kk-100kk. So now i'm wondering if it would be better to just buy a D grade from the shop, skip over C grade and just farm until i get lucky and see an A grade bow for maybe 10kk hopefully. I never see any C or D grades for sale by players though, and the few B grade i've seen weren't bows.  Would it be viable to set up my own afk "Buying bow" shop?

I spent some time figuring out the Luxury shop and Crystal conversion, and it looked to me like going the Crystal route would cost double then buying from the Adena shops. At least according to the Crystals i found being sold by player vendors. D-700 and C=3,900.

Thanks again

hi Bravata,

think you should save your funds and  try to get a B grade bow try to PM a hero to help you shout you want to buy one :) or indeed afk shop with buying bow would help.

you may find some D and C grade on the way if you have a dwarf you can crush it and use the crystals to get something from the lux store. but by time you get enough I don't think a mid C grade will do it for you.

bows are normally more expensive then other weapons. think low B bow is 10kk and BoP should be somewhere between 10kk~15kk, infinite arrow quiver should be between 5kk ~ 7kk

Alright, I'm a Phantom ranger archer
A C bow costs you approximately 5 / 6KK, but beware, there is a lot of price disparity in Giran stores, the top C Eminent bow can be found from 8 to 15kk, a non-top B bow, around 8KK, and the top B bow of peril, 10 / 15KK
A Carnage A bow, 15 / 20KK, but I recommend you to start a BoP (although you see them at the same price) since with an A bow you will have to buy the A quiver (as expensive as the bow) and you will spend more SS
I hope the information helps you