Auto-hunting Combat Mode?

knot13

Hello all,

Completely new to the game and I have a couple questions around auto hunting:

(I'm playing on classic talking tree if that makes a difference)

I'm assuming the purpose of Combat Mode while auto hunting is to protect myself from PK'ers? Correct?

If a red enemy comes within my range, will I auto attack it? or do they have to hit me first? What about if someone flags purple on me, will I start attacking them back?

Thanks in advance for any insight because I'm unable to find information in the official docs 

1 hour ago, Amaryz said:

That is correct.

I understand that auto hunting is not for perma AFK farming, but if I need to step away for a few minutes it's a nice feature. How can I protect myself from someone trying to PK me? Is choosing the "Threat Counter" in the Change Next Target area sufficient? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 12:49 AM, knot13 said:

I understand that auto hunting is not for perma AFK farming, but if I need to step away for a few minutes it's a nice feature. How can I protect myself from someone trying to PK me? Is choosing the "Threat Counter" in the Change Next Target area sufficient? 

Target to taunt will attack anything worth targeting by you, player or npc. 

11 hours ago, OnyxshielD said:

ALL OF A SUDDEN MY AUTOHUNTING STOPPED WORKING ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT STARTED.

it also activates/deactivates with the letter Z , maybe you tried typing something and deactivated it!