Forums

Atk Speed 1500 + bonus %

Kale

Hi, i have a question for Atk.Speed cap and anothers combat abilities like that.

If i have 1500 atk.speed and i turn on a revelation skill like Savage (atk.speed +10%) or i have a tree ability learned like Berserker's Haste Lv.2 (atk.spd. +3%)... these kind of things will stacks?...  these affect my atk.speed even if i cannot read it in the character status window?

Can anyone explain me this. Thanks, a doubt from a long time ago.

52 minutes ago, Kale said:

Hi, i have a question for Atk.Speed cap and anothers combat abilities like that.

If i have 1500 atk.speed and i turn on a revelation skill like Savage (atk.speed +10%) or i have a tree ability learned like Berserker's Haste Lv.2 (atk.spd. +3%)... these kind of things will stacks?...  these affect my atk.speed even if i cannot read it in the character status window?

Your attack speed cannot go above 1500. 

If your attack speed is already 1500, and you use a buff that increases attack speed, it does nothing for you. 1500 is the cap.

Always look at your normal buff situation for stats. If you have 1500 attack speed, berserker's haste isn't doing much for you. Take element and patk instead. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

If your attack speed is already 1500, and you use a buff that increases attack speed, it does nothing for you. 1500 is the cap.

Always look at your normal buff situation for stats. If you have 1500 attack speed, berserker's haste isn't doing much for you. Take element and patk instead. 

I really appreciate so much what you told me. Thanks iHyperlite. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

actually, this is far from true, use quick fire buff and just watch.  not all skills/buffs work but some do, I believe even BR you will notice the speed, the number won't go above 1500 but it's there.  Those 2 buffs are the only 2 I can confirm and I believe the only ones, could be wrong there.

@Jujiexcuse me sir, do you know how it works the caps in the stats like Atk Spd. / Cating Spd. / etc. ?

Could you explain us how it works exactly please, if you know that, or investigate with the Dev team. Or if you know a topic in the forums or a external link with info about that, could you share the info with us. Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, Kale said:

10 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

1 hour ago, Degus said:

actually, this is far from true, use quick fire buff and just watch.  not all skills/buffs work but some do, I believe even BR you will notice the speed, the number won't go above 1500 but it's there.  Those 2 buffs are the only 2 I can confirm and I believe the only ones, could be wrong there.

2 hours ago, Degus said:

Normal attack or skills?

4 hours ago, Degus said:

Its not related to the skills you use.

Attack speed can reach 1999 - its just capped to 1500 in the status window.
So generally if you have alot of items/boosts that gives attack speed - adding BR wont do anything as you already reach the 1999 limit without it.

28 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Its not related to the skills you use.

Attack speed can reach 1999 - its just capped to 1500 in the status window.
So generally if you have alot of items/boosts that gives attack speed - adding BR wont do anything as you already reach the 1999 limit without it.

I'll buy that

pretty sure attack speed can be tested based off your ping, using a dual dagger, and wacking an npc in town, counting the number of hits given over a specific time frame.

unless you are testing this way, i dont see how the test is relevant.

@FistingTime knows this test better than me.  many of us on discord were trying to figure out the latency issues based on the above after aws migration.

as for 1999 attack speed, i need to see some data supporting this as i've not heard this before.

14 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

pretty sure attack speed can be tested based off your ping, using a dual dagger, and wacking an npc in town, counting the number of hits given over a specific time frame.

unless you are testing this way, i dont see how the test is relevant.

@FistingTime knows this test better than me.  many of us on discord were trying to figure out the latency issues based on the above after aws migration.

as for 1999 attack speed, i need to see some data supporting this as i've not heard this before.

Get an archer, make sure you just hit 1500 attack speed
Then do BR or quick fire - check your casting speed on AOE skills

AFAIK its only relevant for skill casting, not melee hits

This is more complicated that i thought, we need to make a video proving this now. If i can in these days i ll do that. Would be more easiest if the 1500 cap number in the status character windows will remove it. But another thing, if real cap is 1999, how to check it ?  is not possible. It s a speculation based on Casting Speed 1999 so ? NCSOFT Dev Team must be remove the caps to make the life better =P

very interesting. 

On yul, 1500 attack speed, then cast AOE's.  then use quick fire and fire the AOE's again.  the physical cast animation is noticeably faster when using quick fire, even when it is used at 1500 attack speed.  I assume same for BR.  That is very interesting.  The skill reuse appears to stay the same from a number standpoint, so unsure if you do more dps bc of it, but it seems faster.

@Juji  care to take a look?  this one has me stumped.

i will do some testing on dagger too.  That is very interesting.