Lineage as time goes by

bensoy921

I played the game in 2007 and had a blast for years, i played occasionally on illegal servers, i played on classic, and now 2021 this Aden.I don't know why i keep coming back for this, where in fact it has become a trash, yes TRASH.I have few honest questions:

1.) So devs earns more money this way ( pay to win heavily and in few months loosing players ) than making it sub to play.I know it's an instant money, so it's like money vs time.

2.)If sub, what is the profitable monthly amount? cause i'm willing to pay 50usd or would probably 100usd just to play the game as it used to be.

3.)If they make L3 what would you like it to be?

Short-term commitment in order to yield as much revenue as possible seems to be the norm. I guess a subscription model wouldn't work for L2 anymore because that would require two things.

Firstly, it would need to have a very large population to support it. It's not just about price per account, but how many active accounts will exist, and for how long. So you need more content development to keep up monthly users as high as possible, which is cost for the company. But given the current state of the game, and just how fragmented the L2 community is with illegal servers, general distrust in NcSoft, and it simply being sort of a niche title, good luck getting them back. But even if you somehow did manage to pull it off, perhaps the revenues still wouldn't come close to the present model. 

But secondly, and I think this is more important than any chart, the people running the company simply lack ambition and self-respect as a game developers. They don't respect their own title anymore. If they did, we would have had L3 a long time ago. But instead, we get to witness what they've done to L2 along with the global unveiling for Lineage W. 

• Like 1

They are making 2 Lineages games. Lineage W Which they are showing an in depth look at tonight at 8pm eastern time and Lineage Origins which is code named Project TL.  So, I'm not sure which is supposed to be the successor to L2. But I hope GreedySoft does away with P2W already because it severely kills the game. I wish NCSoft gave a shyt like Square with FFXIV. Thats a prime example of how to handle your MMO, NCSOFT.  OHHH and maybe have the lead director give updates monthly aka FFXIV to not leave players in the dark. I just dont want to see Blizzard 2.0 all over again. 

• Like 1

TL is supposed to be the successor to L2.  I dont know where Lineage W came from unless its just the name for the global launch of Lineage 2M, which is out in Korea and was supposed to release globally in the fall.  NC created their own emulator like Bluestacks called "Purple", which was designed to play the mobile games on PC, making their new titles "cross platform".  That makes it seem like mobile/micro transaction games are the future for NC.  

• Like 1