[Complete] Emergency Maintenance: Thursday, August 19, 2021

Sunshine

@Sunshine @Himejust wondering about  all the xp and waste of hp pots instancezone stuff and what not i have and had a rune running and wasted a lot of sayahs and what not with hp pots but have been suffering from the lag as i see it now it feels as if its running a little better and what not but am wondering do the ones that have put money in l2coin get anything for the down time or something equivalent to the wasted time in ncoin and for those that didnt have any ncoin invested still get somthing as they got sayhas blessings from quest and make us all feel as if you are working with us all......

thanks for trying and keeping us posted on stuff and the way you respond @sunshine to forms is great but would like a little news better drops adena or what not ...

• Like 1

lag is back again, after a certain number of people log in. When are you going to understand there are too many characters on this server, and the ONLY way to fix it is to decrease the number of characters. Either limit the amount of clients from 1 pc, actually ban people running bot programs for a change, or open another server. @Sunshine @Juji

5 minutes ago, DisplayFoFUn said:

Good job guys, the fixed lasted a total of 1 hour.!!

It was fixed because server was down, and it took an hour for however many clients it's taking to cause all these issues, were able to log back in. Once this number is met(who knows what it is), the lag starts. If they just opened another server or limited amounts of clients per pc that would help. 

30 minutos atrás, J0nSnow disse:

Foi corrigido porque o servidor estava inativo, e levou uma hora para que muitos clientes estivessem demorando para causar todos esses problemas, pudessem fazer login novamente. Uma vez que esse número é atendido (quem sabe o que é), o atraso começa. Se eles abrissem outro servidor ou quantidades limitadas de clientes por pc, isso ajudaria.

And who will leave that server to go to another? I already bought the pack and used it. Who will be crazy to buy again to use on another server? lol

Just now, Crestani said:

And who will leave that server to go to another? I already bought the pack and used it. Who will be crazy to buy again to use on another server? lol

Anyone with money i would imagine. They could also transfer one to other server as an incentive

After few hours of sleep,

I am unhappy to hear that emergency server maintenance didn't do much at all.  Actually, logging in to the game became much difficult now.

As a game industry person myself, this is how I see the picture here. (I am in Publishing and operations side)

I hope CM Sunshine will see this and forward this message to the L2 Operations team if she thinks this is useful.

1. When they introduced ADEN server, the game  business team was making a forecast on the sale and didn't have a strong BM (business model) that would give very favorable amount of income.  So, they came up with an alternative way to boost indirect sales. And the mechanics to achieve this was to boost sales from "Sayha's Will 30 Day items" by allowing users to run 10 accounts per IP or PC.

THis is 480 NCoins PER account PER month!!  Basically without using Sayha's WILL item, alt accounts can't really earn a lot of ADENA that can be useful enough.  So, I believe this was the start of sour issue. For Elcadia server, it has no issue because there aren't much players. However, all the players got into BlackBird and basically they are all running multiple accounts (Boxes) as much as their PC can support). 

Using a 8 core PC can run 10 accounts at full load, I think.  As I tested I could open 7 clients with 45% load of the CPU resources at 20% of memory usage. However, for my case, I didn't want my computer to abuse itself and get noisy.. So, I decided to just run 6 Clients. (I also run other games at the same time as well.) and it is at a PC load of 30% which is very quiet and clean. I bought all my accounts Sayha's Will and make them farm Adena for me. Logically speaking, I am against this way but seeing other people having so much of ADENA while I have to buy Ncoins to sell to them to get Adena, it was quite unfair to me and I had no choice to Force myself to do the same.  I just saw this game ad and join for the first time and didn't know we could run 10 accounts until i heard it from the players in game.  I saw lots of HIGH rank players (just because they already have experience in this game) not really spending money to buy NCOIN but instead, with their accounts' aid with Adena, they are looking to buy NC's Cash items from other newbie users who has no knowledge on this situation. This is bad for business as well. 

Somehow, game was running until AUG 18 before the server maintenance, but with a symptom of server lags...  Still until this point it was not that bad.........

This NC operations team made a CRITICAL MISTAKE during the maintenance by giving out  free "Sayha's Spirit Kit" which contains 5,000 spirit Ore and 200 Grace cookies which is a freaking huge advantage at this early game stage. Even myself, I didn't have more than 4 accounts but when I saw this, I made 10 accounts myself to take the advantage to get the freebie.  Since, I did this, I am very sure all other players who are not running 10 accounts all DID the same. And they are all abusing their PC to log in with more accounts to play and farm Adena.

This freaking Stupid idea of 10 Clients per IP (or PC) caused huge inflation on Adena from the start. Everybody has A LOT of adena and now it is crashing the server.  TOP ranking players are the ones selling ADENA for NCoins now. This is not really what the picture It should of been. Top Rankers usually should be the ones spending the most but it's going the other direction in this server, lol.

As I mentioned on my earlier posting,  Korean Gaming companies are good in overall game design and operations. However, they don't have the technology for handling huge number of con current users. Chinese game companies don't have the technological edge on game design but they do HAVE vast knowledge on Concurrent users. In CHINA, a mediocre game has like 30-50K concurrent players and they know how to design DB and Login servers that can handle that amount of concurrent players.

Korean Companies do not have that expertise. How do I know? Because my ethnics group is Korean myself  and I worked for Korean gaming companies.

So, yeah. this is what is going on now.. Logging into server is much difficult now after this new emergency maintenance that did nothing but worsen the situation.

I suggest NC to limit   each IP's allowed concurrent game clients to less than 5 per IP. If any other accounts were using Cash Item, just refund them and keep it to the optimal level of concurrent user level.

I hope the problem is something else but I strongly feel this is what the main cause is.

Making a strategical business choice is not easy but,, NC has to stand on its reputation being Korea's No. 1 Game Publisher.

What you NC guys are showing now is a 3rd class, worse than illegal server actions only. This is NOT NC or NEXON class of game publishing service.

If this was happening in this matter in Korea now with this kind of slow and unprofessional response, this is 100% guaranteed Refund situation in Korea by LAW.

Seriously, If you guys offer me to refund all my purchases I made for the past 1 week, I will gladly get refund and delete this game forever for good.

I didn't pay my freaking hard earned dollars for this kind of lousy game service.  We deserve much better service than this. Don't take Gamers for granted. We are paying for your salaries. This is what I told my subordinates 1,000's of times to do their job right or just quit gaming industry and find another line of work.

PLEASE WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING that stands at NC's CLASS, not a crappy 3rd class illegal server kind of game service.  

At least, I don't deserve this from NC.

who makes (10) account just play a Knew server or play casual testing, most likely to make/sale  adena,  I have 4 of my account sense retail,  2004 ish other two I made when I retired in 2021.  there 6 people in my family 6 account,  you just made 10 , that's allot of email account. in the past a master USER can have 2 under it. I almost lost those when i was deployed.  seriously what are testing , yes the adena has always been issue in this game, but at the moment there is no way to run group in a party and kill money fat mobs.  unless u use program.  The In game macro Assist only works if the live player spams (right click on  party member to work)  

~so back to client Log in, I have laptop which has the dumb integrated intel driver, (gives win License Error) that is no longer supported by the game, they did this patch 2 months ago,  then after many compliant they ninja removed it.  there's no update in intel records, so no they didn't make fix, but like I stated in forums on last check it worked, thinking the same will happen next week, just hope they remember what code it was remove so i can use it again,  other wise at the end of month i just continue use this one go back to Chronos ....  

So enjoy all you new email accounts , and your adena sale service  cough cough....&******  really 10 account just for some in game items I barley got 1 mil with 4 all combined , waste almost all of it buying ore...    Don't bash you said your the one who made ten account to get free stuff, you part of the problem , game worrked fine sure it  didnt help the over abundance free stuff, I like being able enjoy not slave to it

• Thanks 1

So my last post to @Juji@Hime @Sunshine

I would like my refund in ncoin and the deluxe pack i had bought as to I haven't been able to use it to its full potential in blackbird server....

This was unfair and unfortunately you guys along with dev are trying your best but could you just compensate and put ncoin on my main on live server please as there is no fix to the lag and unable to really play as I work 14 to 18 hours a day and on the days off tried to really play and am un able to soon can we all get something too 

8 minutes ago, pappaPhat said:

So my last post to @Juji@Hime @Sunshine

I would like my refund in ncoin and the deluxe pack i had bought as to I haven't been able to use it to its full potential in blackbird server....

This was unfair and unfortunately you guys along with dev are trying your best but could you just compensate and put ncoin on my main on live server please as there is no fix to the lag and unable to really play as I work 14 to 18 hours a day and on the days off tried to really play and am un able to soon can we all get something too 

Let me know if they give it, or if your recall is successful if they don't. 

why dont you just make another server and split the server in half and make it easier on everyone considering we are way over crowded and way to many people in one area! i mean common sense is to split it up some! better be some good rewards for all our trouble and trying to level and cant cause the health pots not working right either so i lost out on a ton of exp because of that like everyone deserves like 10 100mill exp scrolls! now that would make a lot of people happy!!!! @Sunshine