Status Update for Blackbird Server Latency Issues

Sunshine

• L2 Team

Hey Everyone -

We fully understand that the experience on Blackbird has been truly frustrating. There is no clear resolution at this time, but I wanted to make sure that I update you before the weekend. We have been working no-stop with our Development team to find different solutions and fixes and will continue to work on the issue over the weekend and try to make adjustments without downtime.

At this time, I ask that you continue to update us with any latency reports in this ongoing thread where I'm actively escalating player experience and sentiment.

Last, I see a fair number of questions about compensation, and it will happen, but after we fully resolve the issue.

Thank you so much for your time and your patience as we continue to address this issue.

Sunshine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok guys, lets take a deep breath and calm down. It's happening and @Sunshine is trying her best to help and solve it.
We don't need blame anyone by this error not even if it's a big company at all.
I realy think that the lag issue have 0 connection with the ammount of PC that we can use.
It was just fine days ago right? Ok, but IF it could be the case and it's somehow related on the ammount of PC, it mean that the server can't handle this ammount of players? In other words, if wasn't 10 PC for each, it could be 10 real persons on server, but i know that this is a scaling a bit more complex.

Anyway, for me it all started with the craft event and this new stars drops. It's a lot more drop calculation that must be done and (x10 for each real player) Even if the event not worth at all. 

And It's just one area on server that had this major issue, for me was on the NPC's and the Shop/Rewards. All the rest is running just fine, we don't have chat lag, delay on skills or movement. 

But if it's the case the GM's can reduce the limit on PC for each one and check if it works.
Also i think that is better cancel this craft event at all since it not even worth the adena and time..

And for some that are sayig "open a new server" in what a new server would help?

Sorry for my english..

Gn! 🙂

• Like 2

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, Phellius said:

The blackbird server continues with a lot of lag and disconnecting. I just lost my transcendent instance.

Good to know. For now, keep clear of Transcendent Dungeons until the lag issue is fixed. I know it's not ideal, and it messes with your progression, but it's the only option at the moment.

1 hour ago, pappaPhat said:

I lost a lot of sayhas blessing due to this lag and hp pots and my rune time because of downtime dc for no reason as well 

This is not ideal, and definitely not intentional. We don't have a ton of info about what the compensation will be, and I make no promises apart from making sure to keep the team updated so that everyone feels good about it.

1 hour ago, Hydroskunk420 said:

Hp pots and inventory still not working have lag trying open and applying things. @Sunshine

So, if it were me (and it is because my main is on Blackbird), until the issue is resolved, don't do anything that will cost you pots. It's not ideal, I know, but for now it helps.

1 hour ago, Mineiro said:

Ok guys, lets take a deep breath and calm down. It's happening and @Sunshine is trying her best to help and solve it.
We don't need blame anyone by this error not even if it's a big company at all.
I realy think that the lag issue have 0 connection with the ammount of PC that we can use.
It was just fine days ago right? Ok, but IF it could be the case and it's somehow related on the ammount of PC, it mean that the server can't handle this ammount of players? In other words, if wasn't 10 PC for each, it could be 10 real persons on server, but i know that this is a scaling a bit more complex.

Anyway, for me it all started with the craft event and this new stars drops. It's a lot more drop calculation that must be done and (x10 for each real player) Even if the event not worth at all. 

And It's just one area on server that had this major issue, for me was on the NPC's and the Shop/Rewards. All the rest is running just fine, we don't have chat lag, delay on skills or movement. 

But if it's the case the GM's can reduce the limit on PC for each one and check if it works.
Also i think that is better cancel this craft event at all since it not even worth the adena and time..

And for some that are sayig "open a new server" in what a new server would help?

Sorry for my english..

Gn! 🙂

First, your English is epic, so never apologize for it. Second, thank you. I know I'm new around these parts, but I'm not new to launching MMO's. There's always some issue that keeps players from playing. If you know me, you'll know that keeping players happily playing is my personal motto.  If crafting is costing you mats because of latency, then for now, try if possible to refrain from crafting. It's not the best, but it's the best I have at the moment. 

That all being said, we're doing a lot of talks about solutions here, and will continue to do so until we figure out exactly what is going on with Blackbird.

• Like 1

Hiya! I lost over 30+ Sayha's Blessings (at least, lost count tbh) today... they popped so quickly within an hour.... I also lost my transcendance pass today. I appreciate you guys working diligently on this issue!

Just wanted to mention that I think it would be a good idea to do something with the Sayha's Grace bar for compensation. Maybe make it 100% full and it doesn't drain for at least two weeks (up to 30 days ideally tbh because some people really lost xp during this time and a ton of their items). Just an idea/suggestion. :)

7 hours ago, Hydroskunk420 said:

Hp pots and inventory still not working have lag trying open and applying things. @Sunshine

So, if it were me (and it is because my main is on Blackbird), until the issue is resolved, don't do anything that will cost you pots. It's not ideal, I know, but for now it helps.

Is that a real response?

Your updates tell us nothing, other than the issue is being worked on. That is not being transparent about what the problem is, or what is being to address it. At this point, I don't believe you guys can properly compensate the player base... I mean, how can you compensate for time lost exp'ing?

In my case, I can literally watch my HP drop from 9k, to under 1k in less than 4 mins.. or I can spam spots at 4k HP and watch it still drop to 2K before pots kick in. I can only speak for myself, but in just 2 days,  I've burned through 30-35k HP pots ( in maybe 5-6 hours of actual gameplay). That's being conservative, and doesn't include total spent since issue presented itself. This hunting solo non-agro mobs. I'll give it a few more days maybe, but if it pushes into a week of this, I'm likely gonna call it quits on Aden and wish everyone the best.

Edited by EmperorLeto
used mod color

Yep I just lose trasncedence again lost 100 cookies because of extreme use lag yesterday.

You better think of a huge huge huge compensation package for this server issue as its been completely unplayable since maintenance on Weds.  Like maybe reseting all usage packs attendance etc for an additional 30 days might be a good start.

@SunshineThe problem is that the server  Blackbird is stuck a lot of dissocnects, a lot of players have bought packages and are disgusted with this situation. We know that it can happen, but it should not, so you should open an additional server to start the power from scratch, because the balance is not "fair play", some can play without HP potions and some not this game is not fair and proposes to open an additional one new server .

@SunshineThere is nothing to fix here. Open a new server because it will get worse. This is not a beta server to do this. Organize an event at the start of a new server for each player. And everyone will be happy not to bet only on pay & win payment, we want such a server.

No issues at all, Some laaag during high population araes but that's expected during high peak times.,  but if  (YOU ALL) the people that are complaining so much ,  you think  just maybe it is your end,,  cause there allot of annoyed people tired of listening to My hp pots don't work , this happens, etc... same latency happens on live in peak times, same thing happed every time you sieged back in the day on c3,  sure things are going happen here,  Sense they Ninja nurfed the restrictions on WIN license for Older Microsoft video driver to accept  NC Launch game to launch ; i have to use ONE )1( Pc now to play ..even on live  I used to use 2 computer 3 sale shops , 3 to play.  but I cant use all 6 on e pc My/mine/myself one computer GRAPHIC card can not handle 6 clients SO I ONLY USE 5  THATS ALL MY PC CAN HANDLE , so if you so called complainers are trying to run many CLIENTS DURING PEAK HR AND YOU LAGG THEN DONT DO IT .  my end works fine was very smooth around 6am when i took a nap wife wakes me around 9am let me know been discounted.   thanks for the server being cut off you complainers. 

I'm only running one client and I had problems also. My gaming laptop is not old either. So it's not a matter of multiple clients being used. there is lag when doing certain things when using functions of that game. The clan recruit window, candy craft interface, using your inventory bag.  this is on their end not from the fact of multi accounts being logged in on a single computer or the population load.

There wont be any remedy over the weekend, they go home.

• Like 1

these downtimes arent always them manually restarting, the server is literally crashing and rebooting, 40 second delays on item use and pot use is not normal and as it is affecting the whole server it is not just bad connection to server, and on top of that we are now getting times where mobs stop spawning, so no, this is not someone's connection issue its a server problem