Status Update for Blackbird Server Latency Issues

Sunshine

50 HP potions should be changed from 50 -> 250 hp and add 3 seconds reuse time, same with pet food - just add longer reuse time. Whole server is just spaming this potions. Today items lags can be visible sometimes on Elcadia server as well. Soon both servers can have the issues.

31 minutes ago, zbad said:

these downtimes arent always them manually restarting, the server is literally crashing and rebooting, 40 second delays on item use and pot use is not normal and as it is affecting the whole server it is not just bad connection to server, and on top of that we are now getting times where mobs stop spawning, so no, this is not someone's connection issue its a server problem

Exactly and the gameplay is not fair because there are hours in which we can play and the server is sometimes turned off at times like we can't usually the server works for competition ranking is not fair play 

@Sunshine So I suggest you create a 3rd server to start over, without touching the Blackbird server. This will allow the return of those players who came out of these server problems. Many players have stopped playing because the gameplay is not fair, now there are clans which I can do more than others. 

• L2 Team

Hello Everyone,

We deployed new changes to the Auto-Potion Use logic today after the server crash for the Blackbird server in an effort to reduce the latency issues affecting HP Potion usage.

Two temporary changes have also been implemented to help with your gameplay experience:

1. The daily free death penalty resurrections have been temporarily increased to 5 free resurrections per day until the 8/25 maintenance (Blackbird server only).
2. New chat restrictions have been implemented:

• General Chat (White) – Lv. 25
  • Whispers (Pink) – Lv. 25
  • Shout (Orange) – Lv. 50
  • Trade (Light Pink) – Lv. 50

Please continue to use this thread for sending your reports of latency. We will continue to monitor the situation closely with the Development team and will prepare compensation once the issue has been fully resolved.

Thank You!

i think all problems in server right now (lag in store, potion, l2store, ware house and another stuff) is due to so many people with ten(10) or more account longin (bots to farm adena). they dont limit to acount use, this problem will continuw.. thanks...

Holy cow you people need some schooling jujitsu sunshine and the devil aretrying I have no problem lastnight and this morning for the most part I stopped using hp pots and im trying other things for the dc I still get those but its not the 10 toons to a pc its the fact they need to just ban the selling bots let's see what happens now in game after the next maintenance 

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Hello Everyone,

We deployed new changes to the Auto-Potion Use logic today after the server crash for the Blackbird server in an effort to reduce the latency issues affecting HP Potion usage.

Two temporary changes have also been implemented to help with your gameplay experience:

1. The daily free death penalty resurrections have been temporarily increased to 5 free resurrections per day until the 8/25 maintenance (Blackbird server only).

Please continue to use this thread for sending your reports of latency. We will continue to monitor the situation closely with the Development team and will prepare compensation once the issue has been fully resolved.

Thank You!

yeah once again your fix did absolutely nothing buddy

• Like 1

So things are getting worst, not we're being kicked out of the server and cant log back in. There is no compensation possible when timed items are lost, hundreds if not thousands of potions of all kind are lost, and you are hosting a competition that is based on ranking but people cant connect with eqaual opportunity, unfortunatedly the more time it passes without this being solve, the more you a blowing your chance with this game. I have no idea what is preventing you from launching the third server and start an aggresive compensation / free transference program. While this will not solve the technical aspects of the problem, given the situation, all relief will be welcomed.

• Like 1

AS Quoted from  1Peril Said "I'm only running one client and I had problems also. My gaming laptop is not old either. So it's not a matter of multiple clients being used. there is lag when doing certain things when using functions of that game." Same, so multiple )clients( has NOTHING to do with game play, its the interface to action selection... My understanding that  mobs are one server and NPC game functions on another,  you know sometimes those chinesiem servers just don't work as advertised. parts break. 

4 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank You!

@Jujithe lag is back on blackbird for the past 20 minutes. 

6 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank You!

The server remains lagged, open a new server soon to reduce the population of BlackBird....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The server remains lagged, open a new server soon to reduce the population of BlackBird....

I think same. We lost a lot players now 60% community left @Sunshinewe still can't play on the server. Please open new server for us.

7 hours ago, Karmeligullo said:

50 HP potions should be changed from 50 -> 250 hp and add 3 seconds reuse time, same with pet food - just add longer reuse time. Whole server is just spaming this potions. Today items lags can be visible sometimes on Elcadia server as well. Soon both servers can have the issues.

I wrote the same and no answer, hope they read us :)

I did want to mention, in regards to my earlier post, that the Sayha's Blessing potions/cookies/the sayha's event items are still broken. I tested it on 5 of the sayha's candy items. I was at 57% into x24, after the first two popped and maxed me out, the item grayed out, but then the last remaining three items were also used. Hopefully this can help in some way (because it's annoying and I lost Sayha's pots from ncoins + adena yesterday because I didn't realize this issue existed right away). Thanks!

I do not know what happened. All I know is I cannot log into the game at all. I get through the first screen or so then I get a box that says Win License with a group of symbols. I cannot get past this even if I click the OK then it goes away but still not able to log into the game at all on any server.

Not sure what changed, but on my side the item lag appears to be completely gone, but asking around I get mixed results.  It looks like some are still getting it.  On the other hand, the rate of spamming hp pots seems to be much lower, so I wasn't able to survive vs mobs of my level.

Come to think of it, if the price of the Special HP potions were higher (10x the hp, maybe 15x or 20x the cost, not 30k per potion), that'd probably make the game much more enjoyable, and reduce the item spam quite a lot with 1 easy change.  Or make VR available to all classes.

Edit: also not having c-grade armor at lv 73 would probably help too.

Edited by Katapult
added text to mention lack of armor

4 hours ago, Katapult said:

Not sure what changed, but on my side the item lag appears to be completely gone, but asking around I get mixed results.  It looks like some are still getting it.  On the other hand, the rate of spamming hp pots seems to be much lower, so I wasn't able to survive vs mobs of my level.

Come to think of it, if the price of the Special HP potions were higher (10x the hp, maybe 15x or 20x the cost, not 30k per potion), that'd probably make the game much more enjoyable, and reduce the item spam quite a lot with 1 easy change.  Or make VR available to all classes.

Edit: also not having c-grade armor at lv 73 would probably help too.

relax,  L2 store items that increase the amount of healing potions are coming! do not worry