Forums

Game is not sustainable for F2P

2 minutes ago, Emulate said:

A typical uninformed generic poster.  Using all the old broken talking points.

The TRUTH is customers have the ultimate choice not the company.  The TRUTH is those customers in mass choose OTHER games.

Lineage II is essentially a dead game in the MMO market because people CHOOSE not to play because of REASONS provided by the developers.   Lets not pretend Lineage II is a successful MMO.  It's a bottom tier mobile gotcha.

A typical non factor....

The people chose other games cuz they would not cut it in L2, they go and play every other MMO out there that hands out free stuff every other week cuz otherwise they would be playing L2 priv servers. L2 is a good game, at its peak L2 had tons of people and fun. Yes there are problems but every game has them.

And after 17 years the game has changed a lot but its still around! and guess what?? people still play it!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've found that most classes use a lot of sprit ore for their buffs, and w/o those buffs and just the basic D grade gear you get from the main story quests it's not possible to afk areas of your level

Here are my thoughts on the 3 modes of play: P2W players (PVP/Olymp/Sieges/Raid Bosses) currently do not have much they can buy to improve their characters.  There's a few jewelry items, brooch/j

I will repeat what I wrote in another post. " he game has a lot of ways to deal with the management of sayha and spend it correctly, ranging from the choice of location, ending with the bana

2 minutes ago, Connex said:

A typical non factor....

The people chose other games cuz they would not cut it in L2, they go and play every other MMO out there that hands out free stuff every other week cuz otherwise they would be playing L2 priv servers. L2 is a good game, at its peak L2 had tons of people and fun. Yes there are problems but every game has them.

And after 17 years the game has changed a lot but its still around! and guess what?? people still play it!

You are making a lot of good sensible points. 

L2 Aden is the premium in hardcore!!! You can tell that by the FACTS.  The maximized experience gain, COMPLETELY AUTOMATED GAME PLAY, and combat listed as the easiest possible even by the developers standards.

And all those HAND OUTS, ........... you must HATE people just getting things without putting in the game time to EARN THEM.  There is some familiar ring to those statements.  Can you figure it out?  Where could players possible get tons of advantages without earning them in game lol.

You can play with minimal investment, you be not first but can play easy and carefree in pve clans without worry and sooner or later be anyway 85+ ,on those levels you get alot more farm and money and good drop so can get all what you need.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Mansarda said:

You can play with minimal investment, you be not first but can play easy and carefree in pve clans without worry and sooner or later be anyway 85+ ,on those levels you get alot more farm and money and good drop so can get all what you need.

The trend of the developers has been to make it as easy as possible for paying customers, while brutally unplayable and unfair without unloading your wallet.  This has resulted in overwhelmingly negative reviews and past players/streamers etc all recommending correctly to NOT play the game.

At around level 40 I was getting 1 Adena per kill pretty much always.  I finally saw the boost was giving around 20 Adena per kill when it activated. 

I didn't see those coward developers post 2000% Adena boost lol.  Just "removes adena penalty".

Simply pathetic and just a mere single example of how broken the game is.

1 minute ago, Firesnake said:

Why should I invest anything in a game, where I know, I can't never be the winner, always owned by whales. It makes no sense.

Why are you playing then?
Do not invest, no one is forcing you.

35 minutes ago, Emulate said:

You are making a lot of good sensible points. 

L2 Aden is the premium in hardcore!!! You can tell that by the FACTS.  The maximized experience gain, COMPLETELY AUTOMATED GAME PLAY, and combat listed as the easiest possible even by the developers standards.

And all those HAND OUTS, ........... you must HATE people just getting things without putting in the game time to EARN THEM.  There is some familiar ring to those statements.  Can you figure it out?  Where could players possible get tons of advantages without earning them in game lol.

reading is not your strong suit, this was directed to the "chose" comment that you made, in the "chose other games" past tense, therefore I replied on that part. Essence now has a lot of stuff for free or you can buy them with $$. You can either try and figure out how not to spend anything by playing a lot OR make your life easier with the L2 shop. It is what it is now and we cannot change it.

5 minutes ago, Firesnake said:

Why should I invest anything in a game, where I know, I can't never be the winner, always owned by whales. It makes no sense.

so much negativity! Are you willing to put in the time to play the game? be a part of the clan, get involved into more than AFK farm? The game is solo when you XP but the drops are from raids.

This is actually where clans matter again, get your shit together and fight the whales, figure out how to do it and then win, that is how its done in L2, yes there could be people with a lot of money but there is always a way.

You are not trying to "win" you are just one of those guys that like getting everything handed to them.

(there is a high probability that you are not actually one of those guys, but your reply gave me that feeling) 

You are so wrong man. I enjoy farming, I enjoy clan. I don't need to be the best of the best. I just want a fair chance to enjoy the game, but the way It is right now, I feel as a cannon fooder and its not joy but struggle (compared to the old days Lineage). And yes, you are right, I canceling my accounts here and recommend the same to all the F2P players. It has no future.

47 minutes ago, Connex said:

so much negativity! Are you willing to put in the time to play the game? be a part of the clan, get involved into more than AFK farm? The game is solo when you XP but the drops are from raids.

This is actually where clans matter again, get your shit together and fight the whales, figure out how to do it and then win, that is how its done in L2, yes there could be people with a lot of money but there is always a way.

You are not trying to "win" you are just one of those guys that like getting everything handed to them.

(there is a high probability that you are not actually one of those guys, but your reply gave me that feeling) 

"Get your shit together and fight the whales"  There is a very simple way to fight them.  Abandon games that empower them ;)

Did you actually read any of the information on Aden?  Such as the fact it's more intended and designed for solo play?

Raids should always give more rewards, however stop MAKING EXCUSES for intolerable behavior such as essentially removing adena drops from the game entirely.

Remember, over 30 years and this is ONE OF THE WORST POSSIBLE examples of everything I have ever seen.  Congrats NCSoft on winning the biggest failure and abuser award.

The problem with your terrible advocacy is they will infest better games.  Lineage II is just an old meaningless pile of trash.  However, those poor excuses are defending current games also.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Connex said:

move along looser

That's a great defense of the trash mechanics in L2. 

The truth is there are better games at every single aspect.  The developers are trying to ruin their own game, but it's so much worse.  This isn't even a successful trash model, it's more like Bless Online.

And why would you support trash gaming anyway.  You sound like the type of person who wants an advantage in Monopoly lol.  I don't want to start even like everyone else.  I want to own half the properties at the start of the game and I'll pay real money just to ruin the entire game lol.

1 Adena drops is so pathetically stupid someone should be fired for even suggesting it.

1 hour ago, Emulate said:

intolerable behavior such as essentially removing adena drops from the game entirely.

of course, we all want to see a million arb's in low lvl locations.... you seriosly? this fix on drop rate Adena lovely, otherwise, box prices have gone up exponentially every day. 

In hightlvl locations good rate for drop Adena. 

Your knowledge of economics and mechanics of Lineage 2 astounding. To understand such changes, it is enough to have logic at the school level... but.... 

15 minutes ago, T0kyo said:

of course, we all want to see a million arb's in low lvl locations.... you seriosly? this fix on drop rate Adena lovely, otherwise, box prices have gone up exponentially every day. 

In hightlvl locations good rate for drop Adena. 

Your knowledge of economics and mechanics of Lineage 2 astounding. To understand such changes, it is enough to have logic at the school level... but.... 

It's sad to see such a lack of fundamental understanding although it's common on gaming forums.

The drops for areas may be reduced 2,000%+

Where as if you PAY MONEY you get the actual drop rate YOU SHOULD GET IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Thus this thread demonstrating the JACKED RATES are SO DISHONEST they don't even run POSITIVE NUMBERS in many cases.  Thus making the entire game a pathetic JOKE.

Knowledge of economics LOL.  The economics are simple, these companies rely on the sheer stupidity of people and prey upon their worst attributes.

16 minutes ago, Emulate said:

It's sad to see such a lack of fundamental understanding although it's common on gaming forums.

The drops for areas may be reduced 2,000%+

Where as if you PAY MONEY you get the actual drop rate YOU SHOULD GET IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Thus this thread demonstrating the JACKED RATES are SO DISHONEST they don't even run POSITIVE NUMBERS in many cases.  Thus making the entire game a pathetic JOKE.

Knowledge of economics LOL.  The economics are simple, these companies rely on the sheer stupidity of people and prey upon their worst attributes

Adena that drops now is enough for everything needed in the game at the moment. ITS have nothing to spend but to buy l2c boxes / magic tablets 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, T0kyo said:

Adena that drops now is enough for everything needed in the game at the moment. ITS have nothing to spend but to buy l2c boxes / magic tablets 

The 1 Adena Drop BS doesn't even support basic buffs.  In fact in some cases it may not support even a single spirit ore BUFF.

Just now, Emulate said:

The 1 Adena Drop BS doesn't even support basic buffs.  In fact in some cases it may not support even a single spirit ore BUFF.

use SG and be happy.

10 minutes ago, T0kyo said:

use SG and be happy.

Purchasing Sayha Grace is cowardly and punching yourself in the face.  It's effectively asking yourself to be abused and the reason this problem exists.

How about everyone start telling the truth.  Why don't you start saying P2W can give you a 2,000% - 5000%+ boost.  In fact those numbers might be to low.  Due to killing higher zones, faster, upgrades etc, and with boosts it might be 45,000%+ lol.

There is a term for people who pay for these games......... suckers.

It's about time someone start telling the truth around here instead of the miss labelled garbage in game like 200% exp rates while trying to hide the 5,000%+ Adena increase

2 minutes ago, Emulate said:

Purchasing Sayha Grace is cowardly and punching yourself in the face.  It's effectively asking yourself to be abused and the reason this problem exists.

How about everyone start telling the truth.  Why don't you start saying P2W can give you a 2,000% - 5000%+ boost.  In fact those numbers might be to low.  Due to killing higher zones, faster, upgrades etc, and with boosts it might be 45,000%+ lol.

There is a term for people who pay for these games......... suckers.

It's about time someone start telling the truth around here instead of the miss labelled garbage in same like 200% exp rates while trying to hide the 5,000%+ Adena increase

everyone already knows what it is p2w game...  Essence there is not the first year, and it has always been. People know where they are going and why. Only here, on NA Essence more friendly to f2p players. and now, from the start, any player can save up for a good future

13 minutes ago, T0kyo said:

everyone already knows what it is p2w game...  Essence there is not the first year, and it has always been. People know where they are going and why. Only here, on NA Essence more friendly to f2p players. and now, from the start, any player can save up for a good future

It's widely known that P2W has plagued the MMO market.  However, Lineage II Aden is one of the WORST examples I have seen in 30 years.  It's not just P2W and that's not even the main issue.

The MAIN ISSUE is that it's not EVEN VIABLE to play with the cash shop because of complete garbage design.  It has P2W such as buying quicker exp and directly buying enchants.

However, this 1 Adena horse sht makes the game not even viable.  This design is such crap the game crumbles apart and can't even support it's own weight.  It means you can't buff, can't grind appropriate areas, and get potentially 1000's of %'s in adena reductions.

IT'S NOT EVEN A VIABLE MODEL and pushes away customers who even WANT TO PLAY THE PRODUCT.  It's that fing bad.

The issue isn't that others have an advantage.  It's not that they level faster.  It's not that they would win PVP/sieges etc.

#NOT VIABLE for even basic game play

#1 Adena = Go to hell

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Emulate said:

#NOT VIABLE for even basic game play

#1 Adena = Go to hell

what's wrong with you? the resources that the game gives now, at the start, are enough to provide for themselves SG throughout the entire time (if you do not farm on AoE),  gradually acquiring everything you need.

What a problem? you dont need to spend money...

Maybe, you dont understand how to play?

8 minutes ago, EmperorLeto said:

Please stop attacking/harassing other players on here. I would hate to warn people or lock the thread altogether. Be civil.

-Leto

How about some civility from the developers and moderators.  Can you start by explaining how a decrease of over 6,000% in Adena drops is acceptable design?

Remember we want "civil game design".

Why is that killing creatures with a paid upgrade is already yeilding

PW2: 60+ Adena

F2P: 1 Adena

Why am I seeing people selling cash shop items for 2M each, while obtain 1 ADENA per kill?

And how about the original post declaring they are not even making enough Adena to support basic playing?

The game is designed to be AFK then you give people 1 ADENA per kill even in higher areas?  I don't see ANY CIVILITY in this.

the point is that who likes to spend a lot of money aways gonna say that you dont need to pay a lot to play, because if they dont say that dont gonna have anyone for they to kill or buy adena kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

So, if you gonna spend  lot of money, play it, other wise you gonna be a punching bag

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, F2P said:

the point is that who likes to spend a lot of money aways gonna say that you dont need to pay a loy to play, because if they dont say that dont gonna have anyone for they to kill or buy adena kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

So, if you gonna spend  lot of money, play it, other wise you gonna be a punching bag

The game design is so corrupt it doesn't even make sense.

Do the developers even want people to AFK?  If they don't.... why create all these AFK systems?  I know they want to cater to whales and try to force purchases, but it's to the point that basic game play isn't even viable.

This 1 Adena garbage doesn't even allow basic game play.

By the end game you probably can't even kill mobs for 1 Adena because they will become blue.  Without the buffs, your character can't do anything.  And on top of that you don't even progress in wealth to obtain the items REQUIRED for higher areas.

It's literally designed to be a failure.

Also AFK for YEARS for 1 N coin?  I'm not joking when I see this is the absolute worst P2W pile of garbage I have ever witnessed. 

13 minutes ago, Emulate said:

How about some civility from the developers and moderators.  Can you start by explaining how a decrease of over 6,000% in Adena drops is acceptable design?

Remember we want "civil game design".

Why is that killing creatures with a paid upgrade is already yeilding

PW2: 60+ Adena

F2P: 1 Adena

Why am I seeing people selling cash shop items for 2M each, while obtain 1 ADENA per kill?

And how about the original post declaring they are not even making enough Adena to support basic playing?

The game is designed to be AFK then you give people 1 ADENA per kill even in higher areas?  I don't see ANY CIVILITY in this.

I will repeat to you once again, what is now available for free is enough to not need anything. You have constantly SG, farm adena - and you again can buy SG and continue your farm.

Its impossible to lose all on 50 lvl. Imposible... and on 60 - impossible. 15 SG every day + 13 from daily quests + 200 free + you can buy it for 50k adena or for free 3333 L coins. This is enough to get up to 65 lvl minimum, and start farming normally.

On 56-58 lvl you need just around 20-30 SG. Its 1 day to up this lvl. 

I don’t understand everything that you write, it’s just not possible.