BUG REPORT - Atingo

Undefined

Hello @Sunshine, I would like to report a bug with the pet system, which is causing a huge waste of time.

"To get a pet you need to hunt for Atingo. He is around 75lvl and spawns in the Tower of Insolence, Orc Barracks, Dragon Valley and Plains of the Lizardmans." ~ @Karmeligullo

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/22489-how-to-get-a-pet/?tab=comments#comment-154321

The first two times I've ever tried to kill Atingo, he summoned a Hawk, and 10 minutes later, I killed him again and he spawned a Strider. I was surprised of how easy it was, because nobody was there and I could get for my 2 accounts, one was lvl 73 and the other was lvl 62.

THE BUG 🤮

Now that I have my pet, I wanted to help other to have theirs.

After that, about a 9 days ago, I've been killing Atingo every day, at least 20 times a day, I've killed him over 130 times and guess what, NO PET AT ALL. Once I got tired, my friend keep going on and then, suddenly Atingo spawned a WOLF!!! He killed it and... NO NECKACE.

I was devastated because I though it was 100% chance of drop WHEN he spawns the PET. IF that is not the case, please, help me out, I need to understand what are the chances of drop after the chances of spawn, that's insane.

THE BUG  2,3,4 🤮

As I am already wrinting a post, I will let you know that I realized that the Atingo spawn time is around 6 minutes. I though it should be 1h or so, with more chances of drop.

Another thing, I SAW he spawning at two, tree places AT ONCE! Yes, I had to let multiple accounts logged in in every place he spawns so I could know where he is and I could see him in multiple places at the same time, but for a shot period of time. After a one minute or less, he disapears from other places and stay in only one place. THAT IS WEIRD!

Finally, Atingo follows you for ever, I tested it bringing him into the church of Oren, really inside the church, he stayed there, with almost no HP for at lease 20 minutes, then he disapeared. It's annoying when players take him far away and don't kill him, or even WORST, people get him AWAY and SELL FOR ADENA his location. That should not be able to do, because they're disturbing the pet system. Atingo should RESET his HP just like everyother boss and mobs once they get far from the spawn point (AS WELL HIS PETS).

My best regards,

Undefined.

• Like 1

When you kill the Atingo's pet, the pet necklace will be dropped on the ground and you need to pick up it. If the pet does not dropped the necklace it might be bug or if you play on Blackbird server it could be caused by server lags. I killed Atingo many times and always got necklace.

Total 4 Atingos can exist at once. One for each of 4 locations. It is not a bug. Also chance to spawn a pet is small so you probably were just unlucky :P

I am not on Blackbird, they responded to my friends support ticket, they said that the necklace drop is not guaranteed. So we're talking about.. Hunting over 100 Atingos to finally get a pet spawn and then MAYBE, have a necklace. 

It doesn't makes any sense, besides, I've seen Atingo spawnin in tree different locations AT THE SAME time and a minute later then disapearing from 2 locations, staying in only one location. So, NO, he can't be in multiple places at once, OR it is one more bug.

10 hours ago, Karmeligullo said:

When you kill the Atingo's pet, the pet necklace will be dropped on the ground and you need to pick up it. If the pet does not dropped the necklace it might be bug or if you play on Blackbird server it could be caused by server lags. I killed Atingo many times and always got necklace.

Total 4 Atingos can exist at once. One for each of 4 locations. It is not a bug. Also chance to spawn a pet is small so you probably were just unlucky :P

I forgot to mention you in the comment I did above.

15 hours ago, Undefined said:

Hello @Sunshine, I would like to report a bug with the pet system, which is causing a huge waste of time.

"To get a pet you need to hunt for Atingo. He is around 75lvl and spawns in the Tower of Insolence, Orc Barracks, Dragon Valley and Plains of the Lizardmans." ~ @Karmeligullo

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/22489-how-to-get-a-pet/?tab=comments#comment-154321

The first two times I've ever tried to kill Atingo, he summoned a Hawk, and 10 minutes later, I killed him again and he spawned a Strider. I was surprised of how easy it was, because nobody was there and I could get for my 2 accounts, one was lvl 73 and the other was lvl 62.

THE BUG 🤮

After that, about a 9 days ago, I've been killing Atingo every day, at least 20 times a day, I've killed him over 130 times and guess what, NO PET AT ALL. Once I got tired, my friend keep going on and then, suddenly Atingo spawned a WOLF!!! He killed it and... NO NECKACE.

I was devastated because I though it was 100% chance of drop WHEN he spawns the PET. IF that is not the case, please, help me out, I need to understand what are the chances of drop after the chances of spawn, that's insane.

THE BUG  2,3,4 🤮

As I am already wrinting a post, I will let you know that I realized that the Atingo spawn time is around 6 minutes. I though it should be 1h or so, with more chances of drop.

Another thing, I SAW he spawning at two, tree places AT ONCE! Yes, I had to let multiple accounts logged in in every place he spawns so I could know where he is and I could see him in multiple places at the same time, but for a shot period of time. After a one minute or less, he disapears from other places and stay in only one place. THAT IS WEIRD!

Finally, Atingo follows you for ever, I tested it bringing him into the church of Oren, really inside the church, he stayed there, with almost no HP for at lease 20 minutes, then he disapeared. It's annoying when players take him far away and don't kill him, or even WORST, people get him AWAY and SELL FOR ADENA his location. That should not be able to do, because they're disturbing the pet system. Atingo should RESET his HP just like everyother boss and mobs once they get far from the spawn point (AS WELL HIS PETS).

My best regards,

Undefined.

Hello there,

Long time Atingo farmer here and pet seller :D

You haven't got the necklace because you were in party.  Necklace doesn't drop if person that landed the last hit to the pet was in party, so yeah it is intended for solo players.

Atingo can be dragged anywhere as it doesn't have reset range, this is intended for a safe kill and not be jumped by half the server.

When Atingo despawns it means it will appear in another location, happened many times...sometimes luck is a factor.

The chance to spawn a pet is 1/10, meaning 90% of the time you'll see only sin eaters.

Hopefully this information helped.

Cheers,

52 minutes ago, Daeris said:

Hello there,

You haven't got the necklace because you were in party.  Necklace doesn't drop if person that landed the last hit to the pet was in party, so yeah it is intended for solo players.

Atingo can be dragged anywhere as it doesn't have reset range, this is intended for a safe kill and not be jumped by half the server.

When Atingo despawns it means it will appear in another location, happened many times...sometimes luck is a factor.

The chance to spawn a pet is 1/10, meaning 90% of the time you'll see only sin eaters.

Cheers,

Hey Daeri, this is so informative. May I ask few questions?

1. What is the exact respawn time?

2. By you mean  "When Atingo despawns it means it will appear in another location"  so Atingo will appear in his original before dragged? Cuz I tried to find him at Tower of Insolence for quite sometime (30mins+ hanging there) but there's no Atingo appears.

Thank you an advance.

43 minutes ago, Simplespace said:

Hey Daeri, this is so informative. May I ask few questions?

1. What is the exact respawn time?

2. By you mean  "When Atingo despawns it means it will appear in another location"  so Atingo will appear in his original before dragged? Cuz I tried to find him at Tower of Insolence for quite sometime (30mins+ hanging there) but there's no Atingo appears.

Thank you an advance.

Hello there,

1) usually it is 8-15min ~ 

2) it spawns randomly in any of the following locations: orc barracks,  dragon valley,  lizardman and toi (floor 1 to 4)

There are some variations to this...such as when it appears in orc barracks and it is dragged away and left with 49% hp it will teleport back to a random location (near mobs) still in orc barracks. 

Another example is when someone tries to pull Atingo away to be killed and it despawns it means it appeared in another location such as orc barracks/toi/lizardman/dv   nonethelss it is random where it will spawn. 

If I'm not mistaken, if Atingo was killed in a zone or left with under 49% in said zone it will go on cooldown for a set time...which can very...

Hopefully this helped :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daeris said:

Hello there,

Cheers,

I never hunted him in a party. NCSoft told us that is not 100% sure of drop when you kill the PET. If you say that they're lying, I belive you, maybe they don't know how their own game works, I wouldn't be surprised.

Nothing against you but, I don't think is right to sell pets, but that's my thing, probably related to my culture.

Thanks to answer.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 12:13 PM, Undefined said:

THE BUG 🤮

THE BUG  2,3,4 🤮

My best regards,

Undefined.

It happened to me too, and with the same pet, Wolf didn't gave me the Necklace.
About people selling the pets, is abusive, they just don't sell, is tjust the way they act to get it, they PK anyone who hits the boss, even when they arrived when boss was already almost dead, some people actually think they own the boss. It really cut off the experience of the game, i know a couple people who just stop hunting it because it was too dissapointing keep trying due those people. I woun't mind to lose the pet vs another person becauz he did more dps or last hit, but when they act like a bully, nope that need to be expelled from community, new players keep eneter the server and they will eventually need a pet too what will happen then?.

8 hours ago, Chibiusa said:

About people selling the pets, is abusive, they just don't sell, is tjust the way they act to get it, they PK anyone who hits the boss, even when they arrived when boss was already almost dead, some people actually think they own the boss. It really cut off the experience of the game, i know a couple people who just stop hunting it because it was too dissapointing keep trying due those people. I woun't mind to lose the pet vs another person becauz he did more dps or last hit, but when they act like a bully, nope that need to be expelled from community, new players keep eneter the server and they will eventually need a pet too what will happen then?.

I found out that if you don't have sayhas, there is no drop. Even in clan arena, and other clan events, when someone doesn't has sayhas, it f**** everything up.

16 hours ago, Chibiusa said:

You guys really need to stop wanting everything for free and easy peasy.

You are the reason why the game is going way too friendly and lost most of its "competitive" part.

About selling pets, problem is that a lot of people just scam. 

Also for the "new players who needs a pet":

1) There will be lot of events giving away pets. 

2) Fight for it. Stop asking for easy or free things. Pet is a must only for 2 things right now, one is hunting on Bee Hive and the other one is PVP. That's it. 

Bee hive is not a must. And if you want a pet for PVP means you are also ready to PVP for the pet. 

15 hours ago, xHaseo said:

You are the reason why the game is going way too friendly and lost most of its "competitive" part.

2) Fight for it. Stop asking for easy or free things. Pet is a must only for 2 things right now, one is hunting on Bee Hive and the other one is PVP. That's it. 

Bee hive is not a must. And if you want a pet for PVP means you are also ready to PVP for the pet. 

That's the meta Aden. What if you want to go off meta to lvl up in places you can not wihtout a tanky pet? (for example)

3 hours ago, Undefined said:

That's the meta Aden. What if you want to go off meta to lvl up in places you can not wihtout a tanky pet? (for example)

You don't. Cause there's nothing such as a "tanky pet". Pets are not THAT strong to allow you to XP in places where you could not alone.

This option might available later on, with a pet lv 76+, last evolution, full geared, with pet jewels + pet weapon AND all pet skills.

IN THAT CASE then you are right. BUT in that case, where you own an end-game pet of this kind, there's nowhere you can't XP on ur own. 
Pet is not making a huge difference in XP (kookaburra only with his AOE can help you a bit and allow you to AOE in Bee Hive) but can be helpfull in pvp (strider and hawk knock backs or buffalo aggro/stun). 

You guys are mistaking the new pets for what used to be XPing with an evolved wolf in pre-GOD...no, it's not THAT good at this point of the game. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 7:26 AM, xHaseo said:

Oh so you're saying that abusive behavior is "competitive", i tought it was about trying to be the best against your fellow players in server. My bad. 

1 hour ago, Chibiusa said:

Oh so you're saying that abusive behavior is "competitive", i tought it was about trying to be the best against your fellow players in server. My bad. 

How did humans turned to such fragile and weak entities? How is playing a game "the hard way" being "abusive"? 

Is the pet "free for all"? Yes.
Can one player fight for it? Yes.
Is selling pet or killing players to get the pet against ANY rule? No. 

And it's not like somebody is locking you out of any endgame or vital content like, idk, XPing. 

As i said above, Pets are "extras". You either have it for Bee Hive/PVP or it's no use. Cause a pet on a non-evolved stage is of no use, for any thing. 
To make it worth something you have to make it AT LEAST 1st evolution, after 40+, and get it to lv 70+. 

Currently pet evo books are "farmed" from the clans that kill CC raids, mean that, currently, there's no market for it. 

Your attitude is kinda toxic, gotta say, it'd be like me getting mad at people that still use the "fishing system"...why would i care? Is that a must? No.
Does that change anything on my gameplay? No.

And again: we will have A LOT of pet events, you will go from having 0 pet to own all of them and trashing them into the bin cause you can't put the item into a WH, for some reason. 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:57 AM, xHaseo said:

How did humans turned to such fragile and weak entities? How is playing a game "the hard way" being "abusive"? 

Is the pet "free for all"? Yes.
Can one player fight for it? Yes.
Is selling pet or killing players to get the pet against ANY rule? No. 

And it's not like somebody is locking you out of any endgame or vital content like, idk, XPing. 

As i said above, Pets are "extras". You either have it for Bee Hive/PVP or it's no use. Cause a pet on a non-evolved stage is of no use, for any thing. 
To make it worth something you have to make it AT LEAST 1st evolution, after 40+, and get it to lv 70+. 

Currently pet evo books are "farmed" from the clans that kill CC raids, mean that, currently, there's no market for it. 

Your attitude is kinda toxic, gotta say, it'd be like me getting mad at people that still use the "fishing system"...why would i care? Is that a must? No.
Does that change anything on my gameplay? No.

And again: we will have A LOT of pet events, you will go from having 0 pet to own all of them and trashing them into the bin cause you can't put the item into a WH, for some reason. 

As we play form different countries, humans has different way of perceiving ethic.

So.. it's abount common sence, altruism vs selfishness based on ethic. You can be right, he can also be right.

In my case, I play in the game the same way I am in real life, if I need to be selfish to be rich, I prefer not to be. I've been making a LOT of friends by not being selfish, and If I need anything, there is many many people that would give me anything I need. I just don't ask for it, because I don't need anything.

For example:
Is it okay to buy ALL vegetables from a local store? 
You can, there is no rule about it.
Shoud you do it?
- My life depends on it or I will help others, I will act thinking about others and not myself, because I will giveaway or sell cheaper so others can buy

or

- I will prevent others to have it so I will sell it on a higher price, as I will be the only one having vegetables, I put high price, because I am selfish and I don't care at all about anyone else

7 hours ago, Undefined said:

As we play form different countries, humans has different way of perceiving ethic.

So.. it's abount common sence, altruism vs selfishness based on ethic. You can be right, he can also be right.

In my case, I play in the game the same way I am in real life, if I need to be selfish to be rich, I prefer not to be. I've been making a LOT of friends by not being selfish, and If I need anything, there is many many people that would give me anything I need. I just don't ask for it, because I don't need anything.

For example:
Is it okay to buy ALL vegetables from a local store? 
You can, there is no rule about it.
Shoud you do it?
- My life depends on it or I will help others, I will act thinking about others and not myself, because I will giveaway or sell cheaper so others can buy

or

- I will prevent others to have it so I will sell it on a higher price, as I will be the only one having vegetables, I put high price, because I am selfish and I don't care at all about anyone else

Your example is invalid as you are not using a proper "item" in the example.

In ur case, vegetables are something that everyone needs and wants. In this case, we can say that "vegetables = mobs".
In the example of the pets, tho, they are not a must have. 

So to make ur example correct, let's say you go into a Gucci store. 
Having a Gucci bag is a MUST? No.
But if you have enough money and you want to buy one, you can go and buy. 

Now the pet is like a gucci bag: is it a must? No. 
If you have enough money (in the case of the game, PVP power) then you can go and take it.

I was thinking about a even more viable example but i can't think of any IRL activity that allows you to obtain things based on "brute force" only.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Your example is invalid as you are not using a proper "item" in the example.

In ur case, vegetables are something that everyone needs and wants. In this case, we can say that "vegetables = mobs".
In the example of the pets, tho, they are not a must have. 

So to make ur example correct, let's say you go into a Gucci store. 
Having a Gucci bag is a MUST? No.
But if you have enough money and you want to buy one, you can go and buy. 

Now the pet is like a gucci bag: is it a must? No. 
If you have enough money (in the case of the game, PVP power) then you can go and take it.

I was thinking about a even more viable example but i can't think of any IRL activity that allows you to obtain things based on "brute force" only.

hahaha nice example!

Yes, I guess I went too far. To keep it simple, it still just a game.

• Like 1