Jump to content
Forums

Returning GH ... haven't played in years


Recommended Posts

First and foremost, I haven't played in literally years. Used to be pretty high/well geared when I played, now I know you can get to lvl 100 in a few hours and 105 in a couple of days. But I don't care :). I know archers rule this version of L2, but I don't care, I want to "continue" my old Ghost Hunter.

Stuff I have. Mishmash r99 set, not bloody, 3 items blessed. Mishmash = various enchant levels from 3 to 6.

Baium Soul, Ant Queen Soul, Regular antharas, frint.

r99 dual daggers, with 2 lvl 5 SAs (have no recollection of putting them there, but they are there and I have dozens of soul crystal exchange coupons for some reason, maybe I should try for higher level SAs? Get level 5s and compound ...), 300 wind. I 'm thinking that should take me to 110, wrong?

Back then artifacts didn't exist, so none. Same with jewels, agathions etc. Nada. But I do have a longing and a seven signs. Yay me . I know the exalted quest series gives some jewels, and what I see in the AH is crazy expensive, so I ;ll start with the exalted ones and build on them. Maybe look into buying some jewel energy thingees and hope the korean gods of random number generation shine on me and I can upgrade the exalted ones.

Give me some pointers. Epics (are they still called that?) keep em, nah they are useless sell them? Someone was telling me the ring that comes with the blessed exalted set is better than either of my rings ... made me sad.  Do I need p skill crit damage rings? (so I believe angel +6 or better?)

Now that I mentioned it, I 'm thinkin of buying the armor + enchants from the coin shop. Good/bad idea? Should I invest (real) money in a cloak now there's an event going on? (I assume elmore since there's a lot of pve ahead). I was thinking of trying for a +7, but I 'm hearing bad things about enchant rates, perhaps I 'll be better off just buying a pre-made one later?

Gear prioritizing? I 've npced lots of valuable items of old, junk nowadays, and I think my grand total is somewhere in the 10 billion range. Yeah I know, peanuts today.  I realize that's nowhere near enough to fully outfit my character, I m just looking for advice on items to aim towards and start acquiring. You know, stuff to carry me through while I get my bearings.

 

I did read around the subforum, and there's a few helpful threads from 2018 ... I just don't know how current the advice in them is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, Funkey said:

First and foremost, I haven't played in literally years. Used to be pretty high/well geared when I played, now I know you can get to lvl 100 in a few hours and 105 in a couple of days. But I don't care :). I know archers rule this version of L2, but I don't care, I want to "continue" my old Ghost Hunter.

welcome back :)

On 8/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, Funkey said:

Stuff I have. Mishmash r99 set, not bloody, 3 items blessed. Mishmash = various enchant levels from 3 to 6.

Baium Soul, Ant Queen Soul, Regular antharas, frint.

r99 dual daggers, with 2 lvl 5 SAs (have no recollection of putting them there, but they are there and I have dozens of soul crystal exchange coupons for some reason, maybe I should try for higher level SAs? Get level 5s and compound ...), 300 wind. I 'm thinking that should take me to 110, wrong?

those epics are good.  I would recommend using the blessed exalted light armor set purchase and making it all +10.  This will get you some excellent upgrades for very cheap.

you daggers, if they arent bloody, will need upgraded.  The SA's need to be "Death" and "Fire" to max your dmg on target.

you epics are fine as those rings give p atk crit dmg.  you need to stack all items that give p atk crit dmg, p skill crit dmg, patk, p skill power.  All of thise directly affect your damage on target and all apply equally to your stabs.  yes, patk crit dmg and p skill crit dmg stack for your stabs.

i dont advise gambling any upgrade at this stage in the game.  save and buy the item outright that you want/need

On 8/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, Funkey said:

en artifacts didn't exist, so none. Same with jewels, agathions etc. Nada. But I do have a longing and a seven signs. Yay me . I know the exalted quest series gives some jewels, and what I see in the AH is crazy expensive, so I ;ll start with the exalted ones and build on them. Maybe look into buying some jewel energy thingees and hope the korean gods of random number generation shine on me and I can upgrade the exalted ones.

artifacts and la vies are extremely important to increasing damage output.  However, these arent needed for pre 110 material.  they are a very large boost, but can become very expensive.  i would see if you enjoy the game with the above recommendations to 110 and then splurge on more.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, Funkey said:

Give me some pointers. Epics (are they still called that?) keep em, nah they are useless sell them? Someone was telling me the ring that comes with the blessed exalted set is better than either of my rings ... made me sad.  Do I need p skill crit damage rings? (so I believe angel +6 or better?)

Now that I mentioned it, I 'm thinkin of buying the armor + enchants from the coin shop. Good/bad idea? Should I invest (real) money in a cloak now there's an event going on? (I assume elmore since there's a lot of pve ahead). I was thinking of trying for a +7, but I 'm hearing bad things about enchant rates, perhaps I 'll be better off just buying a pre-made one later?

Gear prioritizing? I 've npced lots of valuable items of old, junk nowadays, and I think my grand total is somewhere in the 10 billion range. Yeah I know, peanuts today.  I realize that's nowhere near enough to fully outfit my character, I m just looking for advice on items to aim towards and start acquiring. You know, stuff to carry me through while I get my bearings.

 

I did read around the subforum, and there's a few helpful threads from 2018 ... I just don't know how current the advice in them is.

i will answer this rather broadly:

epics:

rings should be a p atk crit dmg and p skill crit dmg ring (see angel ring, fallen angel ring, dragon ring). the cheaper rings like AQ, Baium are fine.

earring: atlas +12 and lind or angel or anything really

necklace: blessed frint or old valakas is fine.  you really want the reuse off this item.

 

Armor:

the blessed exalted is what you should snag.  it has tons of stuff to help you out.

 

Gear Upgrades:

every upgrade needs to focus on your damage output and increasing it.  Always!

DMG on Target % = P Skill Power % = P Atk Crit DMG % = P Skill Crit DMG % = Patk %

what this means, if you stab something for 100 damage, then equip a 10% patk or crit dmg item, you will then hit for 110 damage.  Always focus on more damage because you have to live in the 1 shot world as a dagger.  

i do not recommend investing in defensive items outside of a +8+ bloody armor set.  All epics, if they dont give reuse or more damage, dont invest.

Which items are more important?  whatever gives u the highest % of the above stats for the cheapest price at that time.

 

 

edit: you can still go and compelte the starter quests to get all that starter gear, basic brooch, lvl 3 jewels etc.  i would advise doing this.  it starts in gludio.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

did this guy ever say his level?  Are you rerolling a new toon?    I personally stay away from bloody armor, imo if you are taking that much damage you aren't killing fast enough, money better spent on damage.   My advice on cloak is just suck it up and buy 1 pre-made, consider it an investment .   Other then that, Hyper is spot on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Degus said:

did this guy ever say his level?  Are you rerolling a new toon?    I personally stay away from bloody armor, imo if you are taking that much damage you aren't killing fast enough, money better spent on damage.   My advice on cloak is just suck it up and buy 1 pre-made, consider it an investment .   Other then that, Hyper is spot on.

I agree with u on bloody aspect. It isn't really needed pre 110. Good point. 

 

I thought he was pre 110, unsure about exact level. I assumed it as low 100s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hate seeing people returning to game and not realizing it'd be faster to start over sometimes then start your old toon back up, if he's like 101 with no vitality rune he's better off starting from scratch.  Either way, welcome back and good luck to ya.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for everybody's help.

I was 101. With the pots from the watermelon event, and lots of pity IT parties for the 20trillion quest from old friends  from Teon I 've gotten to 106 and 105ed my dual. I was aware it's borderline silly continuing the old char vs starting new, but funk it, sentimentality and all that.  And now I am past the point where the 7 day rune would have helped.

 I did buy the blessed exalted armor set, IMHO it was worth it if only for the pots. I am buying Artifacts. Cloak was a non starter, they go for silly prices in Naia, and self enchanting yielded a +1 elmore from 40 enchants, so yeah I 'll revisit that later. I am currently on the lookout for a belt, and have bought and enchanted R110 daggers, and next upgrade will be to bloody them (even though technically that means they will never get to limited with the dark stone shortage). Got decent for now (but not top 100bil type Crit Damage etc) dyes. Jewels, I am running with the lvl 3s from the exalted quest and awaiting an event for those and the brooch.

I will admit though, the cost of everything vs the 5000 adena per mob you get is daunting ... and while I am willing to spend rl money, I 'm not really willing to spend new car levels of rl money. So ... we 'll see how it goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Funkey said:

Thanks for everybody's help.

I was 101. With the pots from the watermelon event, and lots of pity IT parties for the 20trillion quest from old friends  from Teon I 've gotten to 106 and 105ed my dual. I was aware it's borderline silly continuing the old char vs starting new, but funk it, sentimentality and all that.  And now I am past the point where the 7 day rune would have helped.

 I did buy the blessed exalted armor set, IMHO it was worth it if only for the pots. I am buying Artifacts. Cloak was a non starter, they go for silly prices in Naia, and self enchanting yielded a +1 elmore from 40 enchants, so yeah I 'll revisit that later. I am currently on the lookout for a belt, and have bought and enchanted R110 daggers, and next upgrade will be to bloody them (even though technically that means they will never get to limited with the dark stone shortage). Got decent for now (but not top 100bil type Crit Damage etc) dyes. Jewels, I am running with the lvl 3s from the exalted quest and awaiting an event for those and the brooch.

I will admit though, the cost of everything vs the 5000 adena per mob you get is daunting ... and while I am willing to spend rl money, I 'm not really willing to spend new car levels of rl money. So ... we 'll see how it goes.

adena comes from spending ncoin for evnet items and selling them for adena or farming adena zones like isle of souls or tower of insolence. these places are 110+ areas though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know ... but in the last month or so prices for everything have skyrocketed, and like I said, I am willing to spend money, just not new mortgage kinda money :). I mean I was looking at elmores and +10s were going for 120billion+. That to me is silly money.

any suggestions on macros?

the best I have arrived at for solo hunting is  shadow chase - grim reaper - heart breaker - bluff - blood stab - chain blow - shadow reverse

it mostly works, but with GH and the whole mobs back thing it sometimes doesn't. Open to suggestions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Funkey said:

I know ... but in the last month or so prices for everything have skyrocketed, and like I said, I am willing to spend money, just not new mortgage kinda money :). I mean I was looking at elmores and +10s were going for 120billion+. That to me is silly money.

any suggestions on macros?

the best I have arrived at for solo hunting is  shadow chase - grim reaper - heart breaker - bluff - blood stab - chain blow - shadow reverse

it mostly works, but with GH and the whole mobs back thing it sometimes doesn't. Open to suggestions.

shadow chase > heartbreaker > chain blow > shadow reverse > repeat

or 

shadow chase > blood stab > heartbreaker > chain blow > shadow reverse > repeat

 

dont use crit wound, it helps evisc and patk tyrs only

dont use bluff as shadow chase should be up quick and moves distance better than bluff.  bluff is good for specific mobs that resist confusion and pvp.

grim reaper you can add in, but i doubt it makes a difference on your xp.

blood stab can be used, but if shadow chase fails its a waste of a skill to use.  i would use directly after shadow chase or right after heartbreaker.  test both ways though and see what works for you.

 

 

edit: regarding cloak prices.  theyre about as cheap as they will get during an event.  a +10 elmore will be 200-300b non event easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...