BAN for using CTRL button?

3 minutes ago, EgglandsBest said:

c7055d085c1175f99973ceb9ffafddd1.png

This is what the game is coming to "you came in flagged and we flagged back. Reported since I have nothing better to do with my time"

IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE CATERING TO? IS THIS WHAT THIS GAME IS COMING TO? This is clan Ashura petitions in the works, once people catch on you comply with this random BS more will come and this game will become PvE only.  This same dude petitioned me for the earlier incident.

Embarrasing for Ashura. If I were a GM I would be mad, these guys are flooding the petition system.

The petition system was not intended to be abused like this.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while i can understand  what people are saying about this incident and the affect on the game . the player concerned is not killing  afk macro farmer's to take the spot . what he has been doing for months is killing people  and trying to ruin thier game play  . he has a bee in his bonnet about a certain clan for what ever reason has been doing this to them for  weeks . . we had a incident last night  similar   players just wanting to mess about with us  so we called in a clan at war with them  lol thanks weiner. for your assistance .  the toon banned has been doing this to anyone and everyone  , possibly a warning before any ban may have helped . training mobs has been around for yrs accept it . but bullying  is  wrong online and in real life 

7 minutes ago, Kern said:

while i can understand  what people are saying about this incident and the affect on the game . the player concerned is not killing  afk macro farmer's to take the spot . what he has been doing for months is killing people  and trying to ruin thier game play  . he has a bee in his bonnet about a certain clan for what ever reason has been doing this to them for  weeks . . we had a incident last night  similar   players just wanting to mess about with us  so we called in a clan at war with them  lol thanks weiner. for your assistance .  the toon banned has been doing this to anyone and everyone  , possibly a warning before any ban may have helped . training mobs has been around for yrs accept it . but bullying  is  wrong online and in real life 

Attacking and hunting another clan you have actively declared war with has never and should never be a bannable offense. This is a PvP game to its core. So much so in fact that there has never been such a thing as a PVE only Lineage 2 server, and that's why so much of the game is open world and encourages PVP (ie: dragons, open world raids, sieges, olympiad, clan wars, etc). Playing the game as intended (ie: choosing sides, picking fights with enemies, hunting enemies) is not harassment. It is part of intended gameplay.

If a person perceives playing in a player versus player environment as bullying then my suggestion would be for them to research games that offer player versus environment only servers for them to participate in, as Lineage 2 is probably not best suited for someone who becomes distressed, threatened, or feels otherwise harassed by PvP interactions with other players.

27 minutes ago, Helv said:

Btw guys, do you remember Munchie and his topic about being harassed? He was PKed everywhere he went and was not allowed to enter GC etc

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=293016

How come it was not an offence back then and now you can't even hit the ctrl key? L2 is in its decline...

I'd really like a response from the staff!

It didn't happened in Chronos, so it wasn't important for the support staff xD

1 hour ago, EgglandsBest said:

c7055d085c1175f99973ceb9ffafddd1.png

This is what the game is coming to "you came in flagged and we flagged back. Reported since I have nothing better to do with my time"

IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE CATERING TO? IS THIS WHAT THIS GAME IS COMING TO? This is clan Ashura petitions in the works, once people catch on you comply with this random BS more will come and this game will become PvE only.  This same dude petitioned me for the earlier incident.

This is just sad reporting because people is forcing you to flag? why would even the developers put the ability to PvP or let alone the ability to PK someone if it's against the game. No disrespect to the support team of this company but you guys need to train your employees better this type of performance shows how much incompetent and untrained your support team is. 

1 hour ago, Victra said:

Attacking and hunting another clan you have actively declared war with has never and should never be a bannable offense. This is a PvP game to its core. So much so in fact that there has never been such a thing as a PVE only Lineage 2 server, and that's why so much of the game is open world and encourages PVP (ie: dragons, open world raids, sieges, olympiad, clan wars, etc). Playing the game as intended (ie: choosing sides, picking fights with enemies, hunting enemies) is not harassment. It is part of intended gameplay.

If a person perceives playing in a player versus player environment as bullying then my suggestion would be for them to research games that offer player versus environment only servers for them to participate in, as Lineage 2 is probably not best suited for someone who becomes distressed, threatened, or feels otherwise harassed by PvP interactions with other players.

while i see your  point , my  daughter had  her school investigate  her for saying someone looked like shrek . i did lol a lot at that alot of games have the same  rules pvp  pve 

lineage 2 code of  conduct

section  1 

1. WHILE PLAYING LINEAGE II, YOU MUST RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS TO PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. TO THIS END, YOU MAY NOT DEFRAUD, HARASS, THREATEN, OR CAUSE DISTRESS AND/OR UNWANTED ATTENTION TO OTHER PLAYERS.
  2. 7.YOU MAY NOT VIOLATE ANY LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL, OR INTERNATIONAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS.

I'll be starting to report everyone that I see running flagged near me, let alone get red, then all ma frandz will report him too.

Sieges day will be report day for me, also if someone kills me or my box in Gainak, well, I'll report him for harassment and me not being able to enjoy the game.

Just watch.

Also as I think about it, the message that pops up every time adragon is killed, causes me distress, I'll report those who killed the dragon, how could they do that to me?!?

Let me give my 2 cents on this.

One thing is killing afk macroers for a spot, specially when there's no more spots around available. Or people with 2-way wars open.

Another thing is to mess with live players who spent real money into XP runes, party cakes and what not. Players who don't even have any wars open, with anyone.

This is plain and simple harassment. And people who does this, deserves punishment yes.

1 minute ago, ZolteR said:

One thing is killing afk macroers for a spot, specially when there's no more spots around available. Or people with 2-way wars open.

Another thing is to mess with live players who spent real money into XP runes, party cakes and what not. Players who don't even have any wars open, with anyone.

This is plain and simple harassment. And people who does this, deserves punishment yes.

You cannot kill mobs and pretend you don't harass me, I`ll report you for doing that.

18 hours ago, EgglandsBest said:

They state, "However we are still unable to uplift the suspension on your account. As previously indicated in the Rules of Conduct, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. Thank you for understanding our position on this matter."
Lineage 2 - 2018 "If you can't beat them, report them." 
Enjoy guys, best wishes.

@Conguero Are people in l2 staff getting stupider and stupider? I'm pretty sure this sentence is NOT about PVP. It's about scamming people, threatening them and whatever other BS is there OUTSIDE PVP.

So every time an enemy clan loses in pvp fair and square they can report us and get our accounts banned, because they felt harassed and distressed? How much more is the retardedness of l2 staff gonna grow? THIS IS A FACKING PVP GAME, IF U DONT WANT TO DO IT, GO PLAY A GAME THAT HAS NO PVP IN IT. I can give you few options -> Tera PVE servers, BNS, etc etc. Its been a day and you still havent given people any explanation, are you waiting for the 72 to finish and then you won't feel obligated to do it? 

53 minutes ago, mixa said:

I'll be starting to report everyone that I see running flagged near me, let alone get red, then all ma frandz will report him too.

Sieges day will be report day for me, also if someone kills me or my box in Gainak, well, I'll report him for harassment and me not being able to enjoy the game.

Just watch.

Also as I think about it, the message that pops up every time adragon is killed, causes me distress, I'll report those who killed the dragon, how could they do that to me?!?

@Conguero THIS IS THE RETARDEDNESS YOU CREATED BY OPENING THE DOOR WITH THE 72H SUSPENSION YOU GAVE TO LILD1NK. 

We will be starting to report everybody for any little issue. By next month expect the population of l2 to be down by half...

I have been playing L2 from 2004, and what i have seen Lild1nk do is harassment. If a player wants to enjoy lineage 2 as pve only he/she should have the right to enjoy their game play otherwise they would be in a active pvp clan.  This is just a player from a TOP pvp clan wanting to grief players of lower clan levels or who is in a pve mode to to gain levels so they can compete and have fun.The GM did the right thing in this case. 

Is this what L2 has degraded to? Petition wars in hopes of getting the temp low wage support staff who doesn't care and just mashes accept?

Can we buy postive support response in the store? Or will it be Hero coin only?

4 hours ago, ZolteR said:

This is the game we have all been playing for 14 years. You don't need open wars to pvp, never have. If ncsoft wants to change the game and remove the ctrl key they can by all means. It is their game. But what are the players supposed to do at this point? Before we use CTRL ask ourselves if it is harassment first? If it is move on? lol I am really struggling to grasp this. How is lineage 2 intended to be played? What if someone flags on me, but then decides they want to pve instead. I attack them and kill them. Were they just harassed? will I get a 3 day ban?

What is stopping a player from losing in Olympiad next and claiming it is harassment? Losing a castle and claiming harassment? 

The irony about the whole situation is no one ever asked why lild1nk pvps with Ashura (Mainly Chilltown, Audge, Bigpoppapump, Elementz, Neonemesis, battlescav, Nagnar, Nardy, Eveningstar). It is because they were actually harassing our cp. They took real life images and events, and fabricated them in a 3 minute video they posted to youtube and shared with everyone (I am sure many of you have even seen this video since it was distributed to everyone) They made this video with the very intention of getting our cp members to cry, they literally said this to us in pms. We want you to cry... This is actually harassment, defamation since the facts are false, that could bring about legal action.

We aren't weak people though, not by any means. So we decided to ignore the harassment and keep the pvp in game, up until now this is exactly what we have done. We are answered with more harassment of course in shout. Which is conveniently ignored by everyone. Anyway I won't stop playing lineage 2 the way it was intended to be played. If I get banned for pvp, that is fine because I don't want to play a pve game anyway.

5 hours ago, Kern said:

while i see your  point , my  daughter had  her school investigate  her for saying someone looked like shrek . i did lol a lot at that alot of games have the same  rules pvp  pve 

lineage 2 code of  conduct

section  1 

1. WHILE PLAYING LINEAGE II, YOU MUST RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS TO PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. TO THIS END, YOU MAY NOT DEFRAUD, HARASS, THREATEN, OR CAUSE DISTRESS AND/OR UNWANTED ATTENTION TO OTHER PLAYERS.
  2. 7.YOU MAY NOT VIOLATE ANY LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL, OR INTERNATIONAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS.

While I would absolutely agree with you if his ban had been for something language or verbal communication related, he was not. His ban cites:

Violation: Intentionally luring monsters into player parties. Abusing skills to pull players into a group of monsters.

3 hours ago, ShortyDrake said:

I have been playing L2 from 2004, and what i have seen Lild1nk do is harassment. If a player wants to enjoy lineage 2 as pve only he/she should have the right to enjoy their game play otherwise they would be in a active pvp clan.  This is just a player from a TOP pvp clan wanting to grief players of lower clan levels or who is in a pve mode to to gain levels so they can compete and have fun.The GM did the right thing in this case. 

Quote directly from GMs:

Lineage II is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) that incorporates PvPvE gameplay, meaning that Player versus Player and Player versus Environment actions are both parts of the overall experience.

I understand that some players may wish to minimize PvP gameplay. However, please note that it can happen in PvPvE areas. Here are some suggestions on how to handle some of he PvP situations you might encounter:

• Hunt in a party. There is strength in numbers! This should protect you from the lone person of the warring clan looking for an easy kill, or any PKers that might be lurking around.
  • Run! Use a Blessed Scroll of Escape to return to nearest town, or try to out run the aggressor.

Unsolicited player versus player conflicts are consider part of the game. It is not considered to be a violation of the Rules of Conduct or User Agreement. I hope this information will help you enjoy the PvE gameplay in Lineage II.

15 minutes ago, weinerthezorn said:

This is the game we have all been playing for 14 years. You don't need open wars to pvp, never have. If ncsoft wants to change the game and remove the ctrl key they can by all means. It is their game. But what are the players supposed to do at this point? Before we use CTRL ask ourselves if it is harassment first? If it is move on? lol I am really struggling to grasp this. How is lineage 2 intended to be played? What if someone flags on me, but then decides they want to pve instead. I attack them and kill them. Were this just harassed? will I get a 3 day ban?

What is stopping a player from losing in Olympiad next and claiming it is harassment? Losing a castle and claiming harassment? 

The irony about the whole situation is no one ever asked why lild1nk pvps with Ashura (Mainly Chilltown, Audge, Bigpoppapump, Elementz, Neonemesis, battlescav, Nagnar, Nardy, Eveningstar). It is because they were actually harassing our cp. They took real life images and events, and fabricated them in a 3 minute video they posted to youtube and shared with everyone (I am sure many of you have even seen this video since it was distributed to everyone) They made this video with the very intention of getting our cp members to cry, they literally said this to us in pms. We want you to cry... This is actually harassment, defamation since the facts are false, that could bring about legal action.

We aren't weak people though, not by any means. So we decided to ignore the harassment and keep the pvp in game, up until now this is exactly what we have none. We are answered with more harassment of course in shout. Which is conveniently ignored by everyone. Anyway I won't stop playing lineage 2 the way it was intended to be played. If I get banned for pvp, that is fine because I don't want to play a pve game anyway.

@Conguero @Neutron @Hime

When Renovation too my picture from my facebook account and wrote insults on it and shouted it all over world chat (not on youtube or whatever other social media bs) IN THE GAME WORLD CHAT, DID l2 SHTPORT did anything about it ??? THEY DID NOT. Do you want to know what their actions were? here it is

• GM Baerath 
    Hello,

Thanks for the update. I understand that disagreeable players can be a source of frustration at times. Going forward, please consider the following three steps whenever you find yourself in such a situation:

1. Break off the conversation.
    2. Use Ignore.
    3. Use the Block feature.

SO HOW IS IT THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS US BY DOING STUFF LIKE THAT WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES, BUT WHEN SOMEONE FLAG THEM FOR PVP THEY CRY HARASSMENT?? 

I claim harassment for when they told me that i deserve to get killed in real life. Where is their ban? 

17 minutes ago, weinerthezorn said:

They made this video with the very intention of getting our cp members to cry, they literally said this to us in pms

Wasn't in PMs technically, but for reference:

Screen_Shot_2018-07-15_at_10.47.30_AM.pn

We PvP them all the time now, as I stated before, we use the game as intended. Why is lild1nk the harasser for playing the game as intended?

Lineage II is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) that incorporates PvPvE gameplay, meaning that Player versus Player and Player versus Environment actions are both parts of the overall experience.
Unsolicited player versus player conflicts are consider part of the game. It is not considered to be a violation of the Rules of Conduct or User Agreement. 

4 hours ago, ZolteR said:

Vit consumables and runes have been in the game for years. People have fought, trained, and PKed over them since the game ever had a store.

Why is it different now?

I seriously doubt that being a complete jerk and ruining the game for dozens of innocent people is the way "the game was intended to be played."  The real problem, however, is the complete inconsistency and lack of training (not to mention simple intelligence) of the outsourced "GMs."  The petition function should be brought in house and run by people who understand the game and know what they are doing.  The rules should be clarified and applied consistently.  And it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get real GMs to respond to problems and suggestions in this forum.  And neither weekends not holidays should be excuses.  A real GM should be monitoring these forums and the petitions every day, weekends and holidays included.  This nonsense has to stop.

Archived