Blackbird Olympiad times

Enthused

@Juji @Hime @Sunshine What is going on with the Olympiad time? Why would it start at 4pm EST on a NA EST based server? Wouldn't it make since for it to start at like idk, 2030 EST right after orc fortress during the prime time of the server? Not while everyone is either at work or on their way home from work? Who's bright idea was this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eulogy said:

No hard working North American who spends money here will even be out of work yet for Olympiad. Who came up with this time? Bolsonaro?

I can't say for sure whether Bolsonaro himself created this start time. But what I do know for a fact, is that he's laughing at the Americans who are playing here right now.

NCSoft West should just pack up the offices and move from Southern California to Rio de Janeiro.

• Haha 2

@Juji @Hime @Sunshine 

Big time spender here, hard working American that loves to spend time and money on this dope game. Why is it that a US server has Olympiad times at 4PM my time when I am in the office working my tail off so I can come home to put in my hard earned money that won't even let me participate in this wonderful games Olympiad system?

Please enlighten me :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enthused said:

Really? 2:00PM Olympiad start time during weekdays? This is a North American server, why are you catering Olympiad times to Brazilians? @Juji

A huge amount of Americans won't even get to participate in Olympiad on North American servers. 👌

This time is not good even for Brazilians, it's the time we're coming home from work. I can't understand what this time was based on.

15 hours ago, Enthused said:

Blackbird é 90% brasileiro, então não espero ver muitas pessoas comentando aqui em apoio a este tópico. Porque esses tempos beneficiam os brasileiros, em detrimento dos americanos.

Mas @Juji, mano, vamos cara. Existe ALGUMA maneira de adiar isso, mesmo por 1 hora? Podemos falar sobre Discord PMs se você não quiser falar aqui.

I don't understand what planet you live on.  North America time is the same as South America, only a few regions will have a difference of 1 or 2 hours 

49 minutes ago, iJustice said:

the best time is near Baium and the beginning of the fortres. talk to the dev about it, or at least tell us on what basis this decision was made.

think about what it is a cross-server olympiad if you are not comfortable, it doesn’t mean that others are not comfortable either. For me, for example, a great time and I don't need anything. How many people have so many opinions

1 hour ago, iJustice said:

I don't understand what planet you live on.  North America time is the same as South America, only a few regions will have a difference of 1 or 2 hours 

Brazil is 5 hours time difference from the NCSoft West offices. What planet do YOU live on?

10 minutes ago, Enthused said:

2:00PM start for NCSoft West is the same as 7:00PM for Brazilians.

That's a pretty big difference, and hugely beneficial for Brazilians. NCSoft is clearly putting Brazilians ahead of their own NA player base.

you are misinterpreting the time zones, the olympics will be 06:00 pm for me, where is this beneficial? usually people work until 7:00 am and still need to go home. the time of the olympics is not good for anyone

8 hours ago, Enthused said:

@JujiCan we get an answer on why Olympiad starts at 2:00PM on weekdays?

Well if you bothered to read instead of keyboard mashing, you 'd understand olympiad is cross server. It happens at the same time on both servers. So they need a "compromise time" that gives neither server an advantage. 4pm local time for the one server and 10pm local time for the other seems like a decent compromise. You can argue 5pm or 6pm  is better for YOU but by the same token someone from the other server will argue Olympiad at 11 pm or midnight on a weeknight is insane.

Has nothing to do with Brazilians on your server. Has everything to do with fact there 2 servers separated by 6 timezones.

• Like 1