NcCoins Inequality

TheWall

Why in the 2021 European people have to pay NcCoins much more than people in the rest of the world?
100 Euros are not 100 Dollars, they are according to actual change 118 dollars.
Why we have to pay much more than what a US player, a brazilian player, australian player has to?
This kind of inequality makes game even more unbalanced than items that doesn't exist anymore but are still in game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheWall said:

Por que em 2021 os europeus terão que pagar à NcCoins muito mais do que as pessoas no resto do mundo?
100 euros não são 100 dólares, eles estão de acordo com a mudança real de 118 dólares.
Por que temos que pagar muito mais do que um jogador americano, um jogador brasileiro, um jogador australiano?
Esse tipo de desigualdade torna o jogo ainda mais desequilibrado do que itens que não existem mais, mas ainda estão em jogo.

I understand and even agree with you that NC only wants to know about profit, but comparing a Brazilian with an American is wrong because the dollar costs 5x more than the Real, in this case the North Americans who would be privileged, but that's not quite right and yes, just one wrong NCsoft who doesn't care if you're going to spend 10 thousand in dollars or 50 thousand in Real or any value in Euro for them no matter where it comes from there will always be someone spending so it's all right.

and I say more... their argument? the servers are not Brazilian or the servers are dollar-based

2 hours ago, Sagitary said:

I understand and even agree with you that NC only wants to know about profit, but comparing a Brazilian with an American is wrong because the dollar costs 5x more than the Real, in this case the North Americans who would be privileged, but that's not quite right and yes, just one wrong NCsoft who doesn't care if you're going to spend 10 thousand in dollars or 50 thousand in Real or any value in Euro for them no matter where it comes from there will always be someone spending so it's all right.

and I say more... their argument? the servers are not Brazilian or the servers are dollar-based

That's not how currency works.

8.5 Eur = 10 Usd = 53 Brazilian Real.

With those prices, everybody pays the same. Except in reality European customers get slightly shafted, and pay 15% more

The fact Brazil is poorer and 10 USD is a bigger slice of people's income than it is for a European or a North American is completely irrelevant. And no  "fair" wouldn't be charging you 10 Real ... that's silly. An iphone costs say 1200 USD in North America, do you expect it to cost 1200 real in Brazil?

The equivalent to what the op is complaining about would be if NCWest charged you 64 Brazilian Real to buy 10 USD worth of NCoins, that's what they are doing to Europeans.

6 hours ago, extase1987 said:

What happens if it would go the other way around at some point? Then EU would be cheaper than US.

Corporate practices and policies about exchanging Foreign currency are only enforceable for Banking and Financial Companies.

• Country B currency is worth 1.5x Country A currency
  • Country A decides to pay 45% exchange(x1.45)... but will not pay any exchange on coins(x1).
  • Country B  charges 35% to exchange(x0.65)... and still charge exchange on coins.
  • National Retail stores will likely set a yearly exchange rate within 1-4% of their Country's average exchange rate for the previous year.
  • Mom + Pop local neighborhood shops can get away with not paying exchange... and they could charge 10-20% more than exchange rate

NCsoft seems to want to follow Mom + Pop rules or even less if they could get away with it. If Euro does fall below USD... then you would pay exchange like every other currency that is worth less than USD.

* it should have read: they could charge 10-20% more for lower value exchange rates.

Over the years it has cost me more than straight exchange for NCoins... but a nominal exchange fee on Amazon.com(about 8 years ago, until they geo-locked NCoin purchases)tripled when I was forced to buy NCoin from Account management... and it increased again when they outsourced payment processing through Digital River or whatever it was called.