Level 40 Quests

SteveK

12 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I am doing Sea of Spores Quest and have killed 200.

The quest says reach level 45 ( I am 41 ). Do I have to grind hour after hour here to reach level 45 or are there side quests to reach this level ?

No theres a fast easy trick to get to about lvl 50.

Use the transendent dungon after lvl 40 (once daily) to get from 40-45, once your 45, get the quest from aden priest to do a transendent dungon... then use the free dungon reset from the lvl 45 newbie kit reward, and do it again. Turn in to priest after, should get you to lvl 50 ish.

(if you cant do it again   , you can just wait till reset and do it the 2nd time)

You should also have the magic flame (from giran quest priest) for 60 mins 100% magic lamp boost,  make sure to use that and sayhas grace potions
+ sayhas gusts xp before you run the dungon.

###

also check /read up on how to do the transendent dungon before you try it, its a 10 minute limited time so you dont want to screw it up and waste it.

In the bottom right screen button opens general menu,  in the middle of that is "Special hunting zone" transendent dungon 40-49, costs 100g.

But you need to know the basics before u try it. at least that you will need to spam your main nuke/skill that you got at lvl 20/40 using auto hunt with auto pickup off .  Going in at lvl 41 will be difficult if your not prepared.

Be buffed up with the atk scrolls, have potions setup to auto use, and manual potions rdy on your bar to click. Click on your auto hunt immediately after you talk to npc to begin, before the mobs charge you. And have only your transendent skill auto casting so you dont delay your dps.

After you talk to the npc inside,  that skill becomes an transendent version with aoe. Your char basically spam this while you watch and override to use potions or cast heals.

###

The sayhas grace/gusts system allows you to earn up to 500% exra xp, which is a huge deal in there.

https://dev.l2central.info/essence/articles/179.html

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Just went to the dungeon talking to npc then dead before I could do a thing !

Was enjoying this game so far but there is no guidance so will probably stop playing unless I can work out wtf is going on.

thats a shame you rushed in and died while I was typing up some guidance which we posted above at the exact same time almost... I did say to read up on it beforehand.

You can reenter it for free same way after you die, but you need to talk to npc again to re activate your special aoe nukes to work...and the 10 mins will be counting down

Not to worry you can run it again after reset  today., meanwhile read about it and be prepared.

..also dont be afraid to ask for advice within game, use the & for general chat and say  eg "how do i do this trans dungon?" , there are helpful ppl who may respond.

So apart from trying to do a dungeon before I am ready there is no " normal " way to level up apart from countless hours of just watching my character kill the same mobs over and over ?

I like to have several characters as well so this means I will waste countless hours on mindless activity. 

Why would the developers produce a game with this stupid system it must cost them many thousands of players who quit in frustration as I am about to do.

Such a shame as I was enjoying this game buy there are hundreds of other games out there.

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So apart from trying to do a dungeon before I am ready there is no " normal " way to level up apart from countless hours of just watching my character kill the same mobs over and over ?

I like to have several characters as well so this means I will waste countless hours on mindless activity. 

Why would the developers produce a game with this stupid system it must cost them many thousands of players who quit in frustration as I am about to do.

Such a shame as I was enjoying this game buy there are hundreds of other games out there.

Okay, not to sound smug here, but did you play the original version of the game?  I literally wore out the 1 button (was for soul shots) and 2 keyboards before they made it an auto use option. Levels were capped and before the cap the last level gave 4 or 5% Xp  per day, there were no 100% resurrections in the game which meant if your clan was at war or fighting for raids and boss mobs every death cost a day of xping.  You physically played your toon in parties for no less than 8 hrs a day and prayed you got an item drop from the by-turn drop option.  At one time this was the most popular game in the world and one of the most grinding frustrating experiences as well.

The current Aden version has good points and bad points, the fact that you have to be in a clan to get items like magic tablet pieces and other high level materials contradicts the solo play that they advertised.  The current auto hunt system is an improvement over certain older versions but it entirely missed the boat by not allowing macros to limit the use of mp usage. This in turn leaves you with the only option of using a bsoe if you’re attacked because you’re always out of mp. 

I think the current game was designed with people who have jobs and can’t spend 16 hours a day farming xp which I’m happy about.  I’m hope it gets better for you.