Classic Server

I know it's been discussed by players old school and new mainly old school who started in beta, c1, c2, c3 etc. It would be awesome and I'm sure you have all that's required to add another server, starting pre-god. I'm sure it would be popular and you could build a l2 store around old school gameplay,  gear,  crafting and events. 

There is precisely one official version of a Classic Server - this:
https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/

It has nothing to do with early Chronicles, pre-GoD or whatever, but is a game of itself. One notable feature is that you drop items even when not red and even when just killed by monsters. The usual way of gearing up on the Classic servers is to train monsters, stun the victim, Fake Death and let the mobs do the rest:

1120130710125518.png
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/forum/view?articleId=549931

Now check the discussion here:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/774-psa-on-automated-macros-and-pvp/?page=4

People cry their little eyes out when bad persons make them drop their valuable pixels with elaborate tricks. With such a soft cake population, how long do think a Classic Server would last at NCWest?

1 hour ago, Yidao said:

There is precisely one official version of a Classic Server - this:
https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/

It has nothing to do with early Chronicles, pre-GoD or whatever, but is a game of itself. One notable feature is that you drop items even when not red and even when just killed by monsters. The usual way of gearing up on the Classic servers is to train monsters, stun the victim, Fake Death and let the mobs do the rest:

1120130710125518.png
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/forum/view?articleId=549931

Now check the discussion here:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/774-psa-on-automated-macros-and-pvp/?page=4

People cry their little eyes out when bad persons make them drop their valuable pixels with elaborate tricks. With such a soft cake population, how long do think a Classic Server would last at NCWest?

Those were the good days. This is why playing in groups were super important so you have people to back you up in pvp.

This game really use to bring people from around the world together and between you and me that is worth millions of tears of players who decide to solo adventure.

We are stronger together.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Has @Congueroor @Juji made any more progress on launching an Lineage 2 Classic server?

https://reddit.com/r/Lineage2

There's been a lot of drama recently on Skelth resulting in players asking for NCsoft to provide an NA classic server. We'd love to hear an update from NCWest on any progress made towards the launch of the classic server. 

This forum isn't reflective of the full Lineage 2 community because only those logging into Chronos or Naia can even post here but there are thousands of gamers hoping Classic comes out. I think it would be a good idea for NCWest to make a public poll to see if they can get 20,000 people to vote that they are interested in the idea of a classic server. 

And before @Yidao points out how we don't want a classic server because it's not what we think it is. That's not true, we all know exactly what classic is, and we know we want a North American Classic Server.

Sincerely, 

The silent majority of Lineage 2 players who can't post here

I don't think eu players need a classic na server

I do think na players don't know what a vpn service is and they prefer to complain on reddit

Lets clarify this. Classic it's just the pre-god lineage 2 without the l2store.

We can say that most of the na players will be a big 0 without the l2store benefits.

On classic it's only a matter of time, dedication and fingers.

On na it's just a matter of wallet.

We've actually had many in depth conversations on the official lineage 2 community discord about that, I suggest you all join. 

We think NA Classic both a F2P+Cash Shop Model and a Subscription based model would work. Classic is designed by Korean developers to have a cash shop implemented, very similar to how GoD; certain resources are scare and supplemented by the cash shop. So a cash shop with SP Scrolls, BREZ, Exp Runes, PvE Buff Scrolls would be very lucrative for NCsoft and also lightened the hard-core burden for the average NA player's playstyle. 

38 minutes ago, Eruan said:

We've actually had many in depth conversations on the official lineage 2 community discord about that, I suggest you all join. 

We think NA Classic both a F2P+Cash Shop Model and a Subscription based model would work. Classic is designed by Korean developers to have a cash shop implemented, very similar to how GoD; certain resources are scare and supplemented by the cash shop. So a cash shop with SP Scrolls, BREZ, Exp Runes, PvE Buff Scrolls would be very lucrative for NCsoft and also lightened the hard-core burden for the average NA player's playstyle. 

I perfectly know the whole discussion.

First of all as eu players are concerned they fled from ncwest due to the l2 store. Beyond lvl 76 all have the same gear so it's only a matter of fingers, and number as clans are involved. 99,99% of the chronos players won't survive one day on classic.

As for eu players if an l2store option will be implemented they will simply mass quit and go elsewhere. I suggest to you to read what fragola wrote, and said on discord in the council about the l2 store on the eu classic server. A big no.

If the na players want to replicate the l2 store thing on classic yeah ncwest it's perfect for you.

As for the sp scrolls you know they aren't needed, as for the buffs there's an event going on.

Honestly i'm from eu and all the skelth players leveled their toons and multiple alts by themselves with the time 1 - 2 years.

If in na this isn't acceptable i don't know nor i care.

I bet neutron, conguero or hime will never reply to your post.

Have fun.

Post this l2 classic thread...

European oversight has allowed RMT empires to take control of Skelth until it's close to death every couple years and that we are hopeful a strictly controlled NA version would be more successful. 

If NCWest can guarantee RMT is combatted and never takes full control of the server, we would all switch over to NA Classic. 

From one of the bigger clans on Skelth. They asked me to post this here on their behalf. 

This made me laugh out loud. What makes you think that NCWest can, or even wants to, combat RMT?

Please take a moment to think why there is RMT at Innova. It's not because corrupt employees take a cut from the Real Money Traders, but because it requires a lot of real human GMs to investigate and sanction RMT. Innova with all their staff can't afford it, so how could NCWest, where only one man (Neutron) is working on Lineage 2, do that? All the company can do is run an automated anti-cheat tool. The key word here is "automated" aka no personnel necessary.

And please enlighten me, why can't those "thousands of gamers hoping Classic comes out" make an account at NCWest, log into Naia or Chronos and post here on this forum to express their support? Even just one thousand posts would make this thread the most popular one in the whole history of this forum xD

Lastly, here is some free advice for you:
It would greatly help your cause if you would not just mention the general Lineage 2 forums on Reddit or Discord, but link directly to those in-depth conversations that are supposedly taking place there ;)

The people who runs the NA servers barely keep everything afloat I don't think they have the capabilities to support another server it shows with how they handle things in the current servers that classic is beyond them. And if you love L2 and you wanna play Classic I'm pretty sure NCwest is the last people you want to produce and facilitate a classic server their sheer incompetence is just mind boggling :D 

@Conguero and his team have been putting a lot effort in to release a new anti-cheat tool. I think it's pretty obvious this is to prepare for a new project of some kind. I'm hoping for L2 Classic, but L2 Arena or L2 Bloody could be interesting as well. 

I doubt they'd launch a new GoD server, seeing how the last one died instantly. 

• 1 month later...

When NCSoft launched the latest update, there was a tab on the login page that was labeled "classic server", is this in cards in a near future? I agree with recent topics and posts on the idea of a new server, mostly likely, being a terrible idea...but it might be a different story when it's a "classic" server with some new additional content/modifications. Just an inquiry here, whether something is in works, or if perhaps anyone else has heard any "news" on this idea....of course, ideally, NCSoft moderate's answer would be the most desirable here... 

I'm curious. Also, I believe even though we can see now an influx of new/old players revisiting the game, I don't think their nostalgia will last long enough to start from zero and compete with dragon weapons' players, therefore, L2 classic would seem like a nice compromise for them...before they quit...once again.

Looks like L2 Classic NA server is coming up after all...

GM Baerath (Lineage 2) 

Sep 4, 17:14 PDT 

Hi there,

A Classic server is something we are currently working on; we don’t have any more details to share right now, but we will be revealing more information in the near future. Stay tuned.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

GM Baerath
NCSOFT Support Team

well 2 things to be aware off if true

1. it's a return to 9 man parties with sws / bd / pp or dc or ol and cardi / ee / se - you will need alot more active support players then what ppl got used to here

2. in asia they have l2store active on their classic servers - latest l2taiwan store promotion was Ancient kingdom cloacks ;)

3. Servers will look more or less like the 2 remaining  servers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yx9U6tva6M

Why nobody remembers how it was in the past? I've played for years on Bartz when it was p2p and we had gameguard and some more gm's and there were trains of bots everywhere, even organized in big clans (hello LoRdOfLoRdS). Even seeing how gm's don't do anything some bigger clans (renovatio from nova, nfc, td etc - sorry Draecke, nova were other people back then) did that themselves on main and plenty of videos were proof enough. I'm not playing on Skelth but when I look at Core server and fairy zone (a popular zone), when many days there are no bots and only some days they appear, here is full of bots everywhere and none does nothing. What makes people think it's not going to be the same on the classic server over here? L2 store is going to be a thing and people need lots of adena.

27 minutes ago, beleaua said:

3. Servers will look more or less like the 2 remaining  servers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yx9U6tva6M

Why nobody remembers how it was in the past? I've played for years on Bartz when it was p2p and we had gameguard and some more gm's and there were trains of bots everywhere, even organized in big clans (hello LoRdOfLoRdS). Even seeing how gm's don't do anything some bigger clans (renovatio from nova, nfc, td etc - sorry Draecke, nova were other people back then) did that themselves on main and plenty of videos were proof enough. I'm not playing on Skelth but when I look at Core server and fairy zone (a popular zone), when many days there are no bots and only some days they appear, here is full of bots everywhere and none does nothing. What makes people think it's not going to be the same on the classic server over here? L2 store is going to be a thing and people need lots of adena.

no worries about me, I played since closed beta so I've seen the old skool chinese farmers transform to automated bots from l2 walker to l2 control to zR / Adrenaline and as I've been playing at end game levels since prelude fully aware how the top clans operated - never bothered to abuse the game myself in such manner but as obviously many ppl around me did I've always seen myself as "grey" aka not pure of heart but neither darkest of evils :D

now about the EU/RU Classic servers I've actually seen the professional farmers go there as like any new server that's where the big bucks can be made and those ppl have the experience & tool sets to invade & maximize profits from day 1 of any new server NCWest will open period.

do not fool yourself to think there will not be bots or any kind of rmt on any new server as reality is those servers will have like 3x more the focus then any other server for the simple fact the rmt consumers will always pay top dollar to gain their desired advantage - human nature etc.

no such thing as fair play unless the Game Designers are able to enforce such and let's be honest here for second as NCWest has a very bad track reccord on that and even Innova who has live GM's banning left & right identified bots/rmt struggles in keeping their games "pure" .

On 7/27/2018 at 9:52 PM, BmD said:

Lets clarify this. Classic it's just the pre-god lineage 2 without the l2store.

We can say that most of the na players will be a big 0 without the l2store benefits.

On classic it's only a matter of time, dedication and fingers.

On na it's just a matter of wallet.

I sincerely haven't seen a more factually incorrect description of classic throughout the years.

1. Classic is post-GoD Lineage II with pre-GoD map (currently still no Rune/Fantasy Isle). Game systems all accurately reflect GoD+ changes, e.g. you have a new SA system (runes+compound), new Element system, new siege/castle system (light/dark, where picking dark simply equals suicide; no tax rate setup, no manor, no seal effects, etc.), new skill system (learn anywhere, mages learn skills more often, e.g. level 1,4,7,10,11,14,20,23,25,.. VS old 7,14,20,25,30, ..), new quests (new progression quests, most old sidequests removed or redone), oneday rewards (get temporary equipment, potions, XP/SP boosts on levelup and doing certain tasks, e.g. completing 2 quests/day), enchantable hair accessory with 2 stat bonus (e.g. +1 Str +1 Con) and additional bonuses as enchant level increases, classic gets GoD+ events, e.g. currently red libra is running (free teleports included), level 1-20 quest is to kill 50 level 10 mobs in TI, 20-40 quest is level 30 mobs, etc. (up to level 80 mobs), I could go on and on showing how classic is actually GoD in an extremely thinly veiled disguise.

2. L2Store is up and also VIP system is available (some l2store items are levelled; you must spend a certain amount before you can purchase them). The good thing about VIP is the passive benefits, e.g. level 7 VIP gets +10% PvP damage and -10% received PvP damage ("10% PVP damage / damage reduction bonus"), +2 base stats, +10% PvE damage, +250% drop rate, +30% XP/SP, among other things.

3. Classic is perfect for 1 buffer + 8 summoner bot parties doing daily quests. So as long as you have the accounts, you can run such parties 24/7 and become farmed enough to take Aden on your own.. except that the castle rewards are not even close to those in chronicle, so even on old classic servers you may find that Aden is vacant (NPC owned)

Many players want it.

But what incentive player have to let account here and go to new server?

After being heavy investing in money and time  for years in avatars here?

Except if transfer will be possible but in that case we cant talk about new server if it will have lvl 110 heroes in top gear from beginning.

Transfer from a regular server to a Classic server is not possible for technical reasons. The two varieties of the game are too different. These are for example the Soul Crystals we have in the regular version - two Soul Crystals of the same Stage get compounded into one of the next Stage:

6f81f53a1b9cf8d39dd6cf53.jpg
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/집혼석

And these are the Classic Runes which fulfill a roughly similar function, but you need a Stage 1 Rune to add a level to your desired Rune; if the compounding fails the starter Rune can delevel up to 6 Stages:

c556bcb6d0d41cee90bcd66d.jpg
http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/룬

Even if Juji were willing to copy your character onto the Classic server, the SAs on your weapon would be greyed out and not work any more, like when we changed from the old Stage 14, 15 ... Soul Crystals to the Leona, Kain ... system some updates ago.

There will be some changes like there is on the main version. On the main version most L2 store items have no in game farming alternative under NCWest while there are under Innova. Also unlike EU, L2 Classic under NCWest will (probably) have both a cash shop and  f2p, therefore I don't see how they will let some of the things obtainable in game, using the 'bots will exploit it' excuse.

Archived