Coming back?

Hello community, so, I used to play essence blue, spending around 200 euros per month and never really achieved anything then left. Now im following the forums and reading about epidemic this and epidemic that and getting kinda itchy to start here and at least enjoy the olympiads but willing to spend just like 25-50 per month... Will that be enough to farm and exp at least?

47 minutes ago, MysticStylez said:

Hello community, so, I used to play essence blue, spending around 200 euros per month and never really achieved anything then left. Now im following the forums and reading about epidemic this and epidemic that and getting kinda itchy to start here and at least enjoy the olympiads but willing to spend just like 25-50 per month... Will that be enough to farm and exp at least?

Mah, unlikely. If you wanna just PVE, then maybe you can go on, but not 24/7. Even if you want to spend 50 euros per month, you will still struggle. You can buy a few packs but "not so much worth it" as they wont give you Sayha blessings. But you will have quite some Sayha storm...but you know how it works. 

For 120 Ncoins daily, you can buy up to 3 packs (so 360 coins daily) that will give you, in total, 150 blessing, 30 storms and 30 XP scrolls. 
Prices here a lil higher than EU with 1 l8000 costing 25 instead of 20. So let's say you buy ONLY packs for XP, you buy 1 pack that gives you: 200 storms, 200 xp scrolls, 20 purple pots, then you buy daily, for 5 days, the 3 packs and you get 750 blessing, 150 storms and 150 xp scrolls...that should be enough for XP, not sure if that last a whole month if you farm 24/7, unlikely, but yet you'll farm on Aden gear. Perhaps put 10 euros extra and buy the equip kit with B+7 weapon and C+4 armor.

Then yeah, you might go for PVE.  

• Thanks 1

the only true opinion: do not read what they write to you. All people are different, everyone is different. I totally play f2p from the start of the server. I do not spend on sayha, I have enough of everything, for paid events, for exp etc.  Every situation is different. Under the same conditions, someone can achieve everything, someone cannot. It all depends on the laziness of the person.

I agree with Tokyo. 

It’s very dependent on how you play the game. I for example spend even less than what you were expecting to spend. I too play from the start of the server almost, was late 2 weeks but I managed to jump on the main train. I have in the time here only spent around 20 eu to get me going in the start, and then after that I went fully F2P. 

But still this doesn’t change the fact that you CAN ans nobody is stopping you from spending however much you wish. 

If you wish to play with only few accounts, then you “might” struggle a bit, depends on how much you play. If you wish to do the daily quests and objectives, you can easily play fully F2P, but if you wish to farm all the time with all of your caharacters, then it might change a few things on how you finance them properly and equally. 

I would personalky say, go for it! 
You can still experience every fact of the game even while spending less. The debate is never ending in the L2 community, but it all comes down to every person specifically. 

People spend hundreds, but that doesn’t mean you will be the best. If you know the economy well, and get lucky from time to time, you can achieve the same results as the ones who are spending lots. 

Have fun ❤️

Well my friend, with 20eu you wont get far here.

While I agree different players get different result in the same environment you will not be able to compete, or even farm without some initial investment and the requirement to continue to spend more.

Some ppl will tell you "look at me, I am fine without spending and I can farm 20 kk on one char and I have no alts."

Well, they lie. Its that simple.

While game knowledge will help you, you need to invest heavily, either money or time, prefferably both.

As a new player now you will not get anything for free.

At start there were some decent daily free packs which certainly helped to progress.

Now there is nothing.

All you get is D gear and about +6/7 Aden weapon.

You can hardly farm Silent valley with that, at best.

No free Sayha means you dont get drops or adena, therefore heavily reduced income.

At minimum you need the starter kit in shop now for about 12 eu to even start.

You will need about 10 alts in the same gear (+7b weap and +4c gear) to be able to farm some gold.

Some decent income will start at 76+ and to get there you need to spend more euros.

I d say at least 120 to start and another 2-3 hundred to get all alts past 76.

Then you might be able to scrape by and afk farm but you will never be competitive, pve or pvp.

Game is heavily p2w even p2play.

Make your own decision.

2 hours ago, Pokemon said:

I totally play f2p and i don't have any problem in the process of game. So if you spend little money you will be fine . Have fun and enjoy the game.

Maybe a good idea would be to share how you are "totally fine" as f2p player.

It would certainly benefit new players.

So how many clients you run, what level and gear they have (and how you got it without spending), how much adena per day you farm and where and how do you keep up sayha, soulshots and spirit ore on your free to play style.

Also what bosses you kill for A gear and accessories plus spellbooks.

Please enlighten us.

Hi. I play only with my main. No alts. 81 lvl starting from beggining. Farming 4-5 kk per day now.  When no sayhas grace i have sayhas will.  First sayhas will i take it from free l2 coins from amazon. B gear armor and aden weapon +11. 1 learning skill with book. On the beggining it was hard but day by day with a small upgrades you have a process. 

1 hour ago, Pokemon said:

Hi. I play only with my main. No alts. 81 lvl starting from beggining. Farming 4-5 kk per day now.  When no sayhas grace i have sayhas will.  First sayhas will i take it from free l2 coins from amazon. B gear armor and aden weapon +11. 1 learning skill with book. On the beggining it was hard but day by day with a small upgrades you have a process. 

Thank you

It sounds about right for someone playing from the start, same as myself.

The difference and problem is any NEW player does not have access to that gear or mats now.

No daily freepack, no starter pack free. I made an alt, lvl 70 now, D gear +0 and aden weapon (D) +6.

About 2kk in adena. Constantly out of sayha. Can't buy sayha will, l2 coins, enchant scrolls, spirit ore or soulshots.

Barely gets buy and it takes forever to level.

Yes, I can feed it for main but new players can't do that.

And thats my point.

To catch up, you need to spend and it's not little.

• Like 2

New player with no any help like free l2 coins or free cookies or attendance can had free progress but will be very slow compared with the players that start from the beggining or the players that pay for kits. In the end only matters for what reasons play the game. If is for entertaining purposes and have fun free is fine. If you want competitive pvp and pve is not free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pokemon said:

New player with no any help like free l2 coins or free cookies or attendance can had free progress but will be very slow compared with the players that start from the beggining or the players that pay for kits. In the end only matters for what reasons play the game. If is for entertaining purposes and have fun free is fine. If you want competitive pvp and pve is not free.

I’m a p2p player, but I’m not crazy rich…. I make a new character once one of my alts gets to 76 (for the magic tablets) It takes roughly $10 US to get a toon to 76 if you get a little lucky.  Since, I didn’t play essence I died in 4 out of 7 Transandentals because I didn’t have the skill needed and I had never played some of the classes.  Trans is very important at lvl 40 because you basically jump 4-6 levels when you get through it.  Since we no longer get the free ticket don’t mess up, and try to find out what skill your class uses for its AOE effect.

I basically use gold off of other characters to buy the 24 greens until my guys hit 76 it normally takes 7 days for a DK, Sylph, Grand Kaviarti.  The sylph is by far the cheapest of these.  WC and Overlord are probably the cheapest to lvl but take forever to level.  My SR is the only toon I can hunt whites with zero soulshots and minimal self buffs.  This however uses hp pots and is very slow for lvls but very profitable.  

I don’t believe anyone besides RMT’s plays this game for free, that’s my personal opinion, but I have spreadsheets of stats worked out per alt and they are pretty close on expenses unless you’re main is a LE Dagger then plan on spending well over 200 a month to farm mobs that drop absolutely nothing.

5 hours ago, Infid3l said:

Since, I didn’t play essence I died in 4 out of 7 Transandentals because I didn’t have the skill needed and I had never played some of the classes.  Trans is very important at lvl 40 because you basically jump 4-6 levels when you get through it.  Since we no longer get the free ticket don’t mess up, and try to find out what skill your class uses for its AOE effect.

Transcendent instances are pretty much easy even with the free items from game. Transcendent 80+ is kind hard because you need 500 hp potions.

5 hours ago, Infid3l said:

I don’t believe anyone besides RMT’s plays this game for free, that’s my personal opinion, but I have spreadsheets of stats worked out per alt and they are pretty close on expenses unless you’re main is a LE Dagger then plan on spending well over 200 a month to farm mobs that drop absolutely nothing.

Theres still old players that love the game and play it for the whole thing.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, MysticStylez said:

how do you enjoy the olympiad? I am sorry but this has to be the most random post ever, so you are telling me that you want to play and spend 50 euros per month, to play on a cross server content with people that spend 500€ per month for 30 minutes per day, with a limit of 5 games per day.

Basically, you want to get 1shot, 5 times a day for 5 days! and then on the weekend just relax and come back on monday for the same thing to happen. Why?

Oly is THE MOST RANDOM thing in Essence, yes it is good to have a goal and all, but you picked the worst! for real. 

50€ will get you nowhere, especially if you played essence in the past, also, the 20€ on EU is 25€ on NA.

Long story short, you can buy the "starter pack" for 1000 Ncoin for the +7 B weapon, you will need at least 1 of each pack, Agathions/Brooch and at this time, that there is the pendant event, try and get a lv2 at least that is another 2 packs, that is 8k Ncoin, 100€ right of the bat, and you know that you need sayhas will & Grace/scrolls etc. so right now with you can set up for the next 2-3 months for 150€, but if you start with just 25, you will be dissapointed. Either invest on your toon or try something else!

30 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

Transcendent instances are pretty much easy even with the free items from game. Transcendent 80+ is kind hard because you need 500 hp potions.

not if you have NM boots and gloves, then you do not need 500's

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iCnx said:

not if you have NM boots and gloves, then you do not need 500's

I’m level 82 WR and I run around trans like, a spellhowler used to group mobs in Sea of Spores, in order to not run out of mp or get killed even with 500hp pots.  Every other class I have I can auto hunt Trans in Aden gear with Aden wep, I won’t go over gear but mine definitely doesn’t suck.  There are definitely cheaper alternatives, as far as Olympiad goes I hate it, I hate praying that I get Frankie on my team so I know I won’t be stuck with 2 afk’s, I hate that every other classes weapons do a hell of a lot more dmg than mine and the algorithm that is supposed to equal my crit dmg/ crit chance is such a joke I actually miss skills on mages, I only participate for a shot at the Oly box or I wouldn’t bother.  Same for this stupid ToI promotion that has netted me nothing but disappointment.  Hopefully they think of something better for the next one. 

Just burnt 45 euro but got some sayhas so at least I don't have to check on the bar some days, the b/c gear pack, the goodies from one equipment pack box and some coins to get to alligators a few times. While with this investment I won't be getting items oe or anything op at least it don't feel so poor and is dramatically different from 0 investment, anyway I already see myself topping up in a couple of weeks and doubling the monthly ammount I initially planned :D

As for trans instance, I had mages and archers as alts and always had to run and group mobs, but could always autofarm with my main soulhound or bd alt.

7 minutes ago, MysticStylez said:

Just burnt 45 euro but got some sayhas so at least I don't have to check on the bar some days, the b/c gear pack, the goodies from one equipment pack box and some coins to get to alligators a few times. While with this investment I won't be getting items oe or anything op at least it don't feel so poor and is dramatically different from 0 investment, anyway I already see myself topping up in a couple of weeks and doubling the monthly ammount I initially planned :D

As for trans instance, I had mages and archers as alts and always had to run and group mobs, but could always autofarm with my main soulhound or bd alt.

Just make sure you check your Aden Wep every once in awhile to see its dmg increase.  At +10 my Aden wep did 22 more patk than the +7 bgrade at lvl 75.  They stop giving you lvl bonus @ 76 I think.  I use 10 Sayas Blessing when I wake up to get the 10 cookies, and use those b4 I do Trans, I get all but lvl V daily mission done in Trans then head to Toi for the 3k, Orc fortress will get you 150M Xp if you get a group.  After OF I dink around until Oly, after Oly I’m doing World Primeval to make some $, then I do the other Primeval and finally settle down for afk farming for the night.  

My main brings in about 6M a day and I’m currently wasting half of that on trying to get my ear ring and ring past +8.  I still haven’t gotten full Agrade and probably won’t until they come out in boxes because I’m not spending 600M+ on gear that’s no where near worth half that.  Hell my draconic didn’t cost more than that.  My +14 Angel Slayer was only 23M on Live and I don’t know how long I’ve had it but it’s been at least 5 years

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

Just make sure you check your Aden Wep every once in awhile to see its dmg increase.  At +10 my Aden wep did 22 more patk than the +7 bgrade at lvl 75.  They stop giving you lvl bonus @ 76 I think.  I use 10 Sayas Blessing when I wake up to get the 10 cookies, and use those b4 I do Trans, I get all but lvl V daily mission done in Trans then head to Toi for the 3k, Orc fortress will get you 150M Xp if you get a group.  After OF I dink around until Oly, after Oly I’m doing World Primeval to make some $, then I do the other Primeval and finally settle down for afk farming for the night.  

My main brings in about 6M a day and I’m currently wasting half of that on trying to get my ear ring and ring past +8.  I still haven’t gotten full Agrade and probably won’t until they come out in boxes because I’m not spending 600M+ on gear that’s no where near worth half that.  Hell my draconic didn’t cost more than that.  My +14 Angel Slayer was only 23M on Live and I don’t know how long I’ve had it but it’s been at least 5 years

Btw now that u speak of group for orc fortress, is there any good vibes pve clans without enemies out there in elcadia? And what time is the oly's? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MysticStylez said:

Btw now that u speak of group for orc fortress, is there any good vibes pve clans without enemies out there in elcadia? And what time is the oly's? 

Oly starts 2 hours after OF starts I live in the US EST so it’s 3pm OF, and 5pm Oly.  As far as clans go if you are bilingual you will probably do better than I have, because I can only speak English I understand Portuguese and Spanish, but I’m not fluent.  Your best bet is looking at clans in the ranked section and see what their focus is, pve , pvp, raids, networking etc.  Then ask whoever you are dealing with if they’re at war, although wars aren’t really a huge deal if you accept the fact that Epidemic and Epidemic2 pretty much owns Elcadia raid bosses.