Forums

Othell Half-Kill

Been playing othell for a long time and half-kill always worked as i remember > reduces current HP of mob by 50%. If the hp is full > goes to 50%, if the hp is 80% > goes to 40% and so on; same ass yul lethal.

I've noticed in the aslt 2-3 days that there is no system msg for half kill; did anyone else notice this ?
Also, to clarify, critical hit after skill means it critted the skill ?

12 minutes ago, Marsulici said:

Been playing othell for a long time and half-kill always worked as i remember > reduces current HP of mob by 50%. If the hp is full > goes to 50%, if the hp is 80% > goes to 40% and so on; same ass yul lethal.

I've noticed in the aslt 2-3 days that there is no system msg for half kill; did anyone else notice this ?
Also, to clarify, critical hit after skill means it critted the skill ?

What zone r u xping in? 

1 hour ago, Marsulici said:

Currently I'm in alligator island and my othell ( adv ) is 107, so white mobs.

as long as the mobs do not resist lethal or are immune to lethal (toi mobs are this way, you can see underneath their health bar). THe update could have changed the resists on the AI mobs.  I do not go there, so I will need to check after work.

Regarding lethal, it should still exist.  I will test some solo spots and sea of spores later to see if I see it.

As an othel, the majority of your dmg should 1 shot your target. If this is the case, you may be voiding the entire lethal aspect bc you killed the target in 1 shot.

Not the case to 1-shot for now; i still need to do 2 or even 3 stabs to kill each mob.
Sometimes i do 80-90% dmg with the first blow, but not that often.
Checked it now and mobs do not have lethal resist, but still no system msg for half-kill.

35 minutes ago, Marsulici said:

Not the case to 1-shot for now; i still need to do 2 or even 3 stabs to kill each mob.
Sometimes i do 80-90% dmg with the first blow, but not that often.
Checked it now and mobs do not have lethal resist, but still no system msg for half-kill.

i will test some later on.

the 90% 1 blow is a rear vital spot attack thats giving u the max dmg boost.  the lower dmg's are from front/etc.

I have tested quite a bit in a handful of different areas, used single and dual Daggers, and I am not getting half kill to appear. I've used heartbreaker, chain blow, and blood stab to test it.

I see critical, I see overhit, I never see half kill or lethal every referenced. Maybe half kill is a pvp only thing now? I have not tested pvp yet, I didn't look for it during oly. 

@Juji can you take a look at this? I wonder if yul is seeing the same... 

17 hours ago, Trivak said:

I think they neff  the  Othell class  the critical skill damage of Heart Breaker and Chain Blow are  lower.

I have not seen this. Crit dmg is calculated off other items, not the specific skill. It still crits each time. Can you give me details about what you are referring to? (xp zone, lvl, etc) 

Mobs got harder in mane places. So maybe you just do less dmg bc mob stats changed. 

15 hours ago, Vexi said:

Othel will be more deadly they said... now you know how deadly

Othel is still a fun and viable toon. We just need an answer on this half kill business.